“Weekend break”

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Had a fantastic time during our stay, the breakfast was excellent and the hotels location is good, used the multi storey parking acroos the road which is safe and secure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear carlos503975,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear about your experience at our Hotel and to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here with us. It is always fantastic to read reviews such as your as the team here at Hilton Nottingham strive to ensure that all of our guests leave us feeling truly satisfied.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again soon.

Paul Michael
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We have just returned from three nights stay at this hotel and were totally disapointed not what is expected of the Hilton. The room was like a dungeon and clearly needs a revamp, as the hotel was full we had to wait until Sunday for an upgrade , we were given a much better room at a discount for inconvenience but our stay overall was a disapointment.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Maureen364,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that your were not pleased with your recent trip to our Hotel and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced. I am sorry that we weren't able to provide you with an upgraded room uponf your arrival to the Hotel due to being fully booked, However should you choose to stay with us again, it will be my pleasure to request this immediately for you.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to a Hilton Hotel again in the future.

Paul Michael
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed for one night while going to see a concert. Booked two rooms, one double deluxe and one twin. Double was very small with little space to manoeuvre between bed and desk and bed and walls and room was covered in dust. Dust was even up the curtains and woodwork of bed and bedside lockers and even on the toilet roll holder. Place needed a good scrub and was dirty in general. There were no slippers, robes or basket as promised on website and tv was far from 32". Slippers and robes were in twin though which was also small but seemed to have more room than double deluxe. When I asked reception if room was definitely a deluxe they said yes and when I asked if I could pay for upgrade said they were full without even checking and made me feel like they didn't want to talk to me. Didn't feel very welcome. Regret booking this hotel and would never go back there again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank LyonsDee
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed Friday night in a family room which was huge, clean and extremely comfortable beds. Staff very polite and friendly, especially house keeping who when asked about hypo allergenic bedding for my daughter brought new pillows and a duvet also as it was her 21st birthday management delivered a birthday card and cake, excellent customer service. I cannot understand some of the other reviews. Location is good, walking distance to shops and fm arena, breakfast great. I would definitely recommend to friends and family. For the price I paid I was more than happy with my Hilton experience.

Room Tip: The majority of complaints are about room size, maybe book a family room rather than a double.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TishLincoln
Reviewed 23 November 2013

When arrived, my wife got out to the hotel for help and then we were let to the space. The problem was that I had to go through the no entry for cars, only buses and taxis. It would help if a map is given.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George S
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was a really poor hotel. Unfortunately, I have had a similar mediocre experience at the Hilton in Brighton. That makes this the second time I have had a poor experience with the Hilton. I am extremely unlikely to stay at another Hilton again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Booked in for two nights in a Deluxe double room what a shock the room was the size of a broom cupboard with the furniture squashed in, old tired and tatty looking, not what one expected, with builders in the next room working and walking past our windows I went and had a word with the very polite helpful receptionist who was able to move us to a much better room not a upgrade but much bigger and better with no builders !!! She also gave us a voucher for a free drink ! The bar grill a complete let down for a 4 star hotel , food basic and when I asked for a hot drink at 10.30 pm was told they were not serving hot drinks but as we left at 11pm a gentlemen guest walked past us with a hot chocolate !!!!
Not impressed !! very dated hotel really needs a re vamp . Would not stay again, although the receptionists could not be more helpful . Shame the location great .

• Stayed: November 2013