“Was ok....”

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a hen weekend. Good location walking distance to town. lucky we had disabled badge and had pre booked parking as not much available. Rooms are all different sizes but to be expected as the hotel is very old!
Used the spa which was clean and the staff all seemed friendly.
Rooms were all clean but grubby window frames but again it's an old hotel.
Walls are paper thin in the rooms and I could hear people snoring in the next room!
Breakfast was ok pretty standard for a buffet breakfast but the coffee machine was playing up quite abit.
Free wifi as we just asked for the code and they gave it to us which was good.
Overall I would recommend for anyone needing a central location and needing a room just to get your head down for some kip!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Missyb15
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Missyb15,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your hen party here with us which was made even better by our fantastic city centre location as it provided you with a great base to explore the city. it is also a pleasure to hear that you found the breakfasts to have been a good way to start the day, our Leisure faciltities to have been the perfect escape from the busy city centre and complimentary internet.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel once again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I decided to book parking at the hotel, I know I've moaned about city centre carparking charges on here before but it made sense, even at £15. The directions were OK, from the Concierge, then I thought I'd have a look on ehre to see if anyone had any better directions......erm no! just avoid the road that costs £30 fine to drive down...eek. I got there eventually, the hotel says that they have put up signs directing to the hotel but I only noticed two, however arrived safely and checked in. My room was directly opposite the lift......oh no.....sure to have a noisy night ahead of me.....but no! The room was large and airy, meant for 2 but my room mate was ill so I had the whole thing to myself. Overlooking the city centre, two BIG windows...one in the bathroom! The blind was a begger to get up and down but apart from it all feeling like it needed a decent update it was lovely....apart from the creaking floor.......my poor downstairs neighbours! On the whole a great stay, decent breakfast and the pool was ok too and I'm a serious swimmer. Would I visit again, damn right I would! Please just update the furnishings and put better signs up for carpark directions?
Great stay! Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jillyflower
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Jillyflower,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear about your fantastic time here at our Hotel which was made even better by the lovely large room, delicious breakfast, great leisure facilities and brilliant city centre location.

I am sorry to hear of your struggle with directions to the Hotel, I understand your frustrations greatly and can only apologise for this inconvenience.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon and look forward to doing so.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice location and very nice staff. My room was great and fresh. I didn't dine, so I can't comment. But the breakfast was very good with excellent choices and freshness. The front desk staff are a good asset. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kevin W,

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time here with us, especially our friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfasts and fantastic city centre location which provided you with instant access to all the city has to offer.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My company has a worldwide partnership with Hilton hotels so Hilton is pretty much the standard.
When you stay at a Hilton you expect high standards. Well, the one in Nottingham should not qualify as a Hilton.
While on the car I was trying to find the parking so I tried calling reception for instructions and they never answered. I ended up parking at the Victoria park which is pretty close also to the hotel. When I got to reception there was only one guy multitasking. Two telephones were ringing and he could not answer them because he was checking in people. This was at 10PM. By the way staying at the Victoria parking overnight is 15pounds and the preferential price for guests on the Trinitry parking is 13pounds.
As a gold member I am entitled to wifi so he gave me a piece of paper with the password. This piece of paper said the internet would only last 24 hours. I asked him if this was true and he said that it would be valid for the 2 days I would be there. (Then why you give this piece of paper that says it is only 24 hours! you can confuse people).
Anyway, this was nothing compare to the surprise of the size of the rooms. These are not small; these are micro! Reminds me when I was a student at university. The bathroom was good.
It is important to mention that one of the two lifts was out of order. The stairs and decoration looks extremely old. The building must be old but normally a brand like Hilton would refurbish a building before using the name Hilton on it.
I was tired and could have accepted all these "minor" things, but then I tried to order room service and the people were not helpful at all, as if I was disturbing them.
I checked out before breakfast so didnt have a problem. Breakfast was good like the rest of Hiltons. Before leaving the hotel noticed a long queue of people trying to check out.

Overall the reasons why this I did not like this hotel:
-OLD and DIRTY carpets and walls, extremely small rooms, short in staff and not helpful as you would expect in a Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tor99

Dear tor99,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience here at our Hotel, I have now taken your feedback to the relevant departments and can assure you that each point you have raised will be discussed and actioned immediately, preventing any further inconvenience.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that this is most definitely not our usual level of service and will not continue in being so. Our team strive to provide exceptional customer service and we will not accept anything less.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting our hotel again in the future as it would be my pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

First of all there is very little parking for this city centre hotel so you are better if parking in the trinity square multi story car park. If you phone the hotel, the concierge will give you the post code and it is directly across the road from the hotel.
The hotel itself looks quite nice in the reception area but one if the lifts wasn't working when we got there and the receptionist failed to mention this as well as failing to smile throughout our dealings with her.
This meant that we had to carry our bags up the stairs to our rooms which meant I got to see some if yhe filthiest looking net curtains I have ever seen in a hotel. Please take them down and burn them or just clean them.
Once in the room I found I had the second squeakiest floor in the world, only to be beaten by the room above me.
The walls were also paper thin. The guy next door to me was either deaf or inconsiderate as his TV was so loud it might as well have been in my room. I managed to fall asleep at around midnight despite this as I was so tired but was awoken by the sound of a documentary about the praying mantis at 2am. To the hotel's credit when I rang reception to complain, they promptly sent someone up to speak to said idiot who then turned off the TV, but my night's sleep had already been ruined by this point.
I'd like to say that breakfast made up for this but it was only OK and could best be described as functional.
The only plus point in the whole stay was the gym and pool which were good but other than that I can't think of another positive thing to say about the place. Paper thin walls plus mucky net curtains plus inconsiderate neighbour minus customer service equals one unhappy reviewer. Not what uou'd expect from a Hilton.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear BUCKETHEAD218,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your recent experience at our Hotel and only found the Leisure faciltities, breakfast and nights team members to have been exceptable. I will be sure to relay your feedback to the relevant departments to ensure that the negatives you have highlighted to us are dealt with immediately, preventing any further inconvenience.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel one day, as it would be my pleasure to show you a true experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Very enjoyable stay pleasant, friendly efficient staff. very good breakfast. We received a complimentary up-grade which made the stay more enjoyable. The central location makes for an easy enjoyably City break. Ken & Janet Ball. Louth UK.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Ken B,

Thank you very much for your extremely kind review about your recent experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am overjoyed to read how much you enjoyed your time here with us, which was made so much better by our fantastic staff here at the Hotel, Delicious breakfast and lovely, comfortable rooms.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again in the future as I know both myself and the team are very much looking forward to doing so.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Three of us stayed here this weekend and found the hotel to be very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful, the breakfast was excellent and the rooms comfortable and well appointed with opening windows and adjustable heating that actually did what you wanted it to. Yes, some of the rooms could do with a bit of a makeover but nothing major. The central location was ideal and even one of the front rooms wasn't noisy - apart from the people in the next room who came back at 4.30 from a casino and discussed their evening in extremely loud voices. Overall a good hotel which I would recommend for a weekend in Nottingham

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are obviously going to be quieter than those facing the main road - Nottingham doe...