Hilton Nottingham
US$66
US$79
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$65
  • Restaurant
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$84
US$76
US$64
2,409 results
All reviewsvictoria centrebreakfast was excellentfamily roomgood nights sleepnightlifetheatre
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotel is right in the centre of Nottingham city centre. The rooms need updating but was clean and comfortable. Pool and spa were very clean and the highlight of the hotel. The view was of a brick wall but this wasn't really an issue. The main problem I had with the stay was that there was a wedding reception on the Saturday night which we were not informed about. We could hear the music in the room but wasn't too loud that we couldn't ignore it. However at nearly 1am the music suddenly became loud enough to wake us up and we could clearly hear the DJ singing which was really annoying. We received no indication there would be any disruption which was disappointing and nothing was said at check-out. Disappointing for a brand which is normally so good. Would recommend asking if there is any weddings/parties on when booking as this could really ruin the stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Hayley S,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

It is a pleasure to read that you loved our fantastic city centre location as it provide you with instant access to all the city has to offer. it is also great to hear that you found the spa faciltities to have been brilliant and an excellent way to escape the city.

I am however very sorry to hear that you were disturbed during the night by the music of a wedding reception. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Reception team, in order to pre-warn any of our guests of potential distubances as we are aware of them.

I do hope that we can welcome you back once again to our Hotel where i would be delighted to offer you a room on a higher floor to prevent any further disturbances for you.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a good central hotel perfect location for where we needed to be in the city. The communal areas are excellent, but our room was terrible. It was clean and basic, looked nothing like the hotel photos and super hot, like a sauna. On arrival we dumped our bag and went straight back out shopping and to the theatre so didn't notice the issues really until we were back late at night changing for bed. The floor boards creaked, loudly, and there was not a spot in the room where they didn't. There was what appeared to be a water stain about 3 foot by 2 foot by the wardrobe, only when changing and walking barefoot did I notice it was actually wet!! The bed creaked as much as the floor every time one of us moved, the mattress springs were terrible and the bed uncomfortable. I toyed with the idea of dressing and going to reception to ask for a room change but it was almost midnight and we were only staying 1 night so thought we could put up with it. In hindsight, I wish I had. I barely slept, I think it was maybe 3.30ish when I finally fell asleep more out of exhaustion, but it was so uncomfortable I woke around 6am. Unfortunately, you could hear the floor boards in the adjoining rooms creaking when occupants moved about so it was noisy all round. There were no feedback cards in the rooms, and when I checked out I got a "thank you, there is nothing else to pay, have a good day" but reception didn't ask about the stay at all! Breakfast was excellent though.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LincolnBretty,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although i am delighted to hear that you found our city centre location to have been fantastic and our breakfasts to have been delicious, I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your overall experience here with us at our hotel.

I have discussed the issues you had experienced whilst staying with us with both the Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper in order to ensure that the issues you have highlighted to us in your feedback are addressed immediately and do not cause any further inconvenience.

We are also aware of the issue with the creaky floorboards and are currently looking into many different reslutions in order to rectify this as soon as possible.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a hen weekend. Good location walking distance to town. lucky we had disabled badge and had pre booked parking as not much available. Rooms are all different sizes but to be expected as the hotel is very old!
Used the spa which was clean and the staff all seemed friendly.
Rooms were all clean but grubby window frames but again it's an old hotel.
Walls are paper thin in the rooms and I could hear people snoring in the next room!
Breakfast was ok pretty standard for a buffet breakfast but the coffee machine was playing up quite abit.
Free wifi as we just asked for the code and they gave it to us which was good.
Overall I would recommend for anyone needing a central location and needing a room just to get your head down for some kip!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Missyb15
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Missyb15,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your hen party here with us which was made even better by our fantastic city centre location as it provided you with a great base to explore the city. it is also a pleasure to hear that you found the breakfasts to have been a good way to start the day, our Leisure faciltities to have been the perfect escape from the busy city centre and complimentary internet.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel once again.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I decided to book parking at the hotel, I know I've moaned about city centre carparking charges on here before but it made sense, even at £15. The directions were OK, from the Concierge, then I thought I'd have a look on ehre to see if anyone had any better directions......erm no! just avoid the road that costs £30 fine to drive down...eek. I got there eventually, the hotel says that they have put up signs directing to the hotel but I only noticed two, however arrived safely and checked in. My room was directly opposite the lift......oh no.....sure to have a noisy night ahead of me.....but no! The room was large and airy, meant for 2 but my room mate was ill so I had the whole thing to myself. Overlooking the city centre, two BIG windows...one in the bathroom! The blind was a begger to get up and down but apart from it all feeling like it needed a decent update it was lovely....apart from the creaking floor.......my poor downstairs neighbours! On the whole a great stay, decent breakfast and the pool was ok too and I'm a serious swimmer. Would I visit again, damn right I would! Please just update the furnishings and put better signs up for carpark directions?
Great stay! Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jillyflower
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Jillyflower,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear about your fantastic time here at our Hotel which was made even better by the lovely large room, delicious breakfast, great leisure facilities and brilliant city centre location.

I am sorry to hear of your struggle with directions to the Hotel, I understand your frustrations greatly and can only apologise for this inconvenience.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon and look forward to doing so.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice location and very nice staff. My room was great and fresh. I didn't dine, so I can't comment. But the breakfast was very good with excellent choices and freshness. The front desk staff are a good asset. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kevin W,

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time here with us, especially our friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfasts and fantastic city centre location which provided you with instant access to all the city has to offer.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.