“A very colonial and attractive property”
Review of Hilton Nottingham

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
“A very colonial and attractive property”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Offers a very comfortable and quiet stay in the heart of the town. The staff is very attentive to the guest needs. The breakfast is real 'value for money'. A place to return to for us whenever we go to Nottingham to meet our daughter in the University.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank Sutinder P Sing... B
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Sutinder P Sing... B,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience here at out Hotel, which was made even better by our fantastic staff and delicious breakfats.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I am staying here now....the first room we was in was the size of a shoebox....the second room we are in now is a disabled room where the toilet does not flush properly....this is the worst Hilton experiance of my life...roll on Monday when I can go home

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mudfeet
Dear mudfeet,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time here with us and would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused as a result. I have since informed our Maintenance team of the issue you have highlighted to us in your feedback and can assure you that the toilet is now fully functioning.

Hilton Nottingham are dedicated to ensuring our Guests satisfaction and will go above and beyond to ensure this is upheld. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team if you encounter a problem should you ever choose to stay with Hilton again and we will do everything we can for you.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

The walls are paper thin. I don't mean u can hear voices in the room next door but word for word conversation. When Ur neighbours are two young girls talking until 01:45 and u came away to relax it is horrid.

The day was warm and with our window open and non controllable heating on we were hot all night. Very uncomfortable.

The location is great. The reception is ok. The Ncp car parking is cheap but only reserved areas Monday to Friday.

For £89 on a Saturday night this is an average hotel. Stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda78LL
Dear Linda78LL,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am pleased to hear that you found the location of the Hotel to have been fantastically central and the parking availability to have been great, I am very sorry to hear about the distubances from your neighbouring room.

Unfortunately Hilton Nottingham do not have in room temperature control systems as the Hotel is not equipped with air conditioning. There are however controls on the radiator in order to allow you to control the heat within your room. We do however offer our guests two options in order to allow the room to maintain a more comfortable temperature. All rooms are provided with fans which can be located within the wardrobe or alternatively air cooling units are available upon request at reception (subject to availability).

I do hope to welcome you back to our Hotel again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friend booked us into the Hilton Nottingham for one night and I have to say, I was excited. Unfortunately, my excitement was short lived almost immediately!

We could hear every move made by the guests in the room directly above us, including them having rather loud sex at 7am!

There was some carpet in the hallway that was held in place with Duct Tape! Our room was incredibly hot and we couldn't open the windows. A fan was provided but it didn't generate nearly enough air movement. The carpet in the room was dates and was damaged by the wheels of he bed and there were marks all over the walls!

The sauna/steam room were ok. That's about the only good thing I have to say really. Absolutely not what you would expect from a Hilton hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear K1mbo84,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your overall experience here with us and as a result, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Unfortunately I am aware of the issue you have highlighted to us in your feedback regarding the creaky floorboards and can assure you that we are currently looking into many different resolutions in order to rectify this issue as soon as possible.

I am however pleased to hear that you enjoyed the use of our sauna and steam room.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here in July 13 and have only just remembered to write a review.

Firstly, we had a scaffolder outside our open bedroom window as we arrived, he could have climbed into our room if he wished. We were then moved rooms after complaining which we appreciated.

The only negative then was the squeakiness of the floorboards, walking across the room was very noisy and the people below would have found it annoying, as we found the people in the room above us annoying.

Location - excellent for Nottingham City Centre having lived in the city for three years. There is an excellent restaurant opposite called Le Bistrot Pierre, certainly worth visiting.

Parking - Poor due to the prices, more could be done to offer discounted parking.

Hotel Swimming Pool - Small, but ok.

Hotel Bar and Breakfast - Very nice.

Room Tip: I'd look elsewhere in Nottingham to be honest.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hotel is right in the centre of Nottingham city centre. The rooms need updating but was clean and comfortable. Pool and spa were very clean and the highlight of the hotel. The view was of a brick wall but this wasn't really an issue. The main problem I had with the stay was that there was a wedding reception on the Saturday night which we were not informed about. We could hear the music in the room but wasn't too loud that we couldn't ignore it. However at nearly 1am the music suddenly became loud enough to wake us up and we could clearly hear the DJ singing which was really annoying. We received no indication there would be any disruption which was disappointing and nothing was said at check-out. Disappointing for a brand which is normally so good. Would recommend asking if there is any weddings/parties on when booking as this could really ruin the stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Hayley S,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

It is a pleasure to read that you loved our fantastic city centre location as it provide you with instant access to all the city has to offer. it is also great to hear that you found the spa faciltities to have been brilliant and an excellent way to escape the city.

I am however very sorry to hear that you were disturbed during the night by the music of a wedding reception. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the Reception team, in order to pre-warn any of our guests of potential distubances as we are aware of them.

I do hope that we can welcome you back once again to our Hotel where i would be delighted to offer you a room on a higher floor to prevent any further disturbances for you.

sincerely,

Lincoln
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a good central hotel perfect location for where we needed to be in the city. The communal areas are excellent, but our room was terrible. It was clean and basic, looked nothing like the hotel photos and super hot, like a sauna. On arrival we dumped our bag and went straight back out shopping and to the theatre so didn't notice the issues really until we were back late at night changing for bed. The floor boards creaked, loudly, and there was not a spot in the room where they didn't. There was what appeared to be a water stain about 3 foot by 2 foot by the wardrobe, only when changing and walking barefoot did I notice it was actually wet!! The bed creaked as much as the floor every time one of us moved, the mattress springs were terrible and the bed uncomfortable. I toyed with the idea of dressing and going to reception to ask for a room change but it was almost midnight and we were only staying 1 night so thought we could put up with it. In hindsight, I wish I had. I barely slept, I think it was maybe 3.30ish when I finally fell asleep more out of exhaustion, but it was so uncomfortable I woke around 6am. Unfortunately, you could hear the floor boards in the adjoining rooms creaking when occupants moved about so it was noisy all round. There were no feedback cards in the rooms, and when I checked out I got a "thank you, there is nothing else to pay, have a good day" but reception didn't ask about the stay at all! Breakfast was excellent though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LincolnBretty,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although i am delighted to hear that you found our city centre location to have been fantastic and our breakfasts to have been delicious, I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your overall experience here with us at our hotel.

I have discussed the issues you had experienced whilst staying with us with both the Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper in order to ensure that the issues you have highlighted to us in your feedback are addressed immediately and do not cause any further inconvenience.

We are also aware of the issue with the creaky floorboards and are currently looking into many different reslutions in order to rectify this as soon as possible.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again.

sincerely,