“Awful - Hilton You Should Be Ashamed!!”
Review of Hilton Nottingham

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff
“Awful - Hilton You Should Be Ashamed!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a dump!! As part of my job I have to stay at hotels a lot in the week (unfortunately) and i choose to stay at Hilton's because of the rewards programme. Most Hilton's are the same - and in general they are really good.
However, this Hilton in Nottingham is just dreadful. The rooms are old and outdated, the room service is dreadful, the service is slow and laboured and the overall hygiene in the rooms and the bathrooms is poor.
Specifically, the rooms are shabby, the carpets are dirty, the furniture is well past its sell by date and the overall quality is well below par. The bathroom hygiene leaves a lot to be desired and I am generally worried about using it in the morning! The room service team forgot any cutlery, my dessert and a bottle opener for my drinks! The pint glass I had was disgustingly dirty and stained and they had to change it!

Overall a really poor experience being here so far and I hope that Hilton have planned to update this tired old hotel sometime soon!

3 Thank Gin7Cardiff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Out of all the Hiltons, I found this to be extremely cheap when I booked it. I later found out the reason for it's cheap prices. The room smelt like someone had just came out the shower, the view was terrible. There was no minibar (I was staying for a few nights so I wanted to keep my drinks cold) The Hilton is a large multi national company and YET they expect us to pay £15 for in-room Wifi and an extra £5 for room service! Regardless of the hotel prices being cheap it is not a reputation the Hilton wants to receive, just because they don't have in-room WiFi. The restaurant had a nice setting. Breakfast was great, the food is ok. It is set to be a gourmet restaurant but the menu options was very little and at extreme prices that I would NOT pay! Overall, it did the job, I had a bed and it was clean (I'de like to think so) but the basic service of WiFi in the room and free room service really really disappointed me. Not to mention, I thought my room was small. I met up with my friend in the same Hotel and her room was even smaller!!!

1 Thank Natasha R

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Shoreham By Sea
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I really tried to keep an open mind when We eventually arrived at this hotel going around the one way system and getting lost as I found out that everyone does! Car park oppersite charging £26 for two nights, just checked my receipt and they have taken 46.52? Will ring them when I can find the strength. Good receptionist checked us in with the minimum fuss and my request for a quiet room was on record. Room reasonable but no way was there a partial city view or 32 inch TV more like 20inch.
All went well until returning to the hotel at 9.30 and went up to the room and was greeted with the loudest disco music coming from downstairs, it was so loud that the room was vibrating and it was even worse in the bathroom. Made two calls to reception but could not even hear what they were saying and by the time it stopped I was unable to sleep as I was so worked up.
The next night we were out till 12.00, but when we returned the same thing was happening and that stopped shortly after 1.00 am.There is obviously no proper soundproofing in the function rooms. I will not even mention the creaky floor boards, they are a complete joke.
Breakfast was very good and the bed was comfortable.
Will I return No! No! No! I often holiday in Tenerife which is a really lively resort and have never come across such a noisy hotel. How dare they sell you a hotel room when they know it is impossible to sleep with those vibrations.

Room Tip: Please don't go
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Mazzajones,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am pleased to hear that your check in was quick and efficient and you were allocated a room that suited your preferences, I am very sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the remainder of your time here at our Hotel.

Hilton Nottingham always strive to provde our guests with the best experience at our Hotels and will therefore go above and beyond to ensure this is the case. Should you have found your room to have been too noisy, we would have been delighted to have moved you to a more suitable room upon request.

I am sorry that you would not choose to stay with us again but do hope that you will visit another Hilton Hotel again in the near future.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Starting from reception and going to the room and bath towel and to the restaurant I didn't find any good reason to come back ,a very dirty hotel
And not usual standard of Hilton hotels . Not more than a bed and breakfast

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Cosmeti
Dear Cosmeti,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry and disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time here with us. Please rest assured that I will be speaking with the Head Housekeeper here in order to rectify the issues you have highlighted to us.

It is very importnat to us all at the Hilton Nottingham that our guests are provided with an unforgettable experience for all the right reasons and anything less than this will not be tolerated.

I sincerely hope that you do choose to stay with us again, where we can provide you with a truly unforgetable experience for all the right reasons.

Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Tired, cramped and in need of a total make-over. A shame how the Hilton name has fallen so in the past 20 years. The double room was barely big enough for just me and the bathroom had a dirty feel to it as it was in need of complete modernisation.

Dear Paul A,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time here. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Maintenance Manager and Head Housekeeper to ensure that your feedback is reflected upon and actioned where ever possible.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to a Hilton hotel again as we value your loyalty and would love to have you stay with us again.

Haverhill, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Staff and service were excellent and bed was very comfortable and had a good nights sleep. It was also central to the arena where we were visiting. We did,however have a bit of trouble finding the Hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dorothy B,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear just how much you loved your time here with us which was made even better by our outstanding city centre location providing you with instant access to all the city has to offer. It is also great to hear that you found the staff and the level of service they provided to have been excellent. The team here strive to provide all of our guests with exceptional experiences and will go above and beyond to ensure that this is the case.

I do hoep you keep us in mind should you choose to visit Nottingham again, as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back once again.

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hiltons range from the sublime to the ridiculous and I am afraid this was at the ridiculous end of the spectrum. Room tired with very creaky floorboards. even worse were the creaking floorboards of the room immediately above mine. There is not really a restaurant, just a bar with very average bar food. The redeeming feature was that the hotel was in the centre of town with decent places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Malky
Dear Malky,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am pleased to hear that you found the location of the hotel to have been fantastic as it provided you with access the city immediately, I am however sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your time here with us.

We are aware of the issues you have mentioned to us in your feedback regarding the creaky floorboards and are currently looking into many different resolutions to rectify this as soon as possible.

Hilton Nottingham boasts a fantastic bar and diner, Nicholson's, which offers very delicious dishes at very affordable prices. A variety of food menus are available all throughout the day and include some fantastic offers should you fancy something a little bit different.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to a Hilton Hotel again in the future and we look forward to doing so.