“It was Ok.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
“It was Ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

As we checked in, we were upgraded to a bigger room, which we were grateful for. When we entered the room it looked nice inside and it was tidy and clean. When we opened the curtains all we could see was the walls of the hotel, McDonald's rubbish and bottles of water. The walls were hiding the sun and we did not know if it was sunny or cloudy. While having a shower the water somehow dripped on the floor even though the shower curtain was inside the bath! I could have broken my neck because of this! The walls must be made of paper because we could hear literally everything. We even heard people having sex, it was disgusting. The bed was very big and very comfortable but I could not sleep because a pigeon got stuck under a net on the wall. The swimming pool and sauna are great.
The breakfast was excellent. We really enjoyed it!

1 Thank Weronika0892

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel has a rating of 4*, NEVER in a million years. On arrival the outside was dirty, full of cigarettes on the floor. We were allocated the first floor, on our way through the corridor the carpets were dirty, found a dirty cotton bud amongst other bits of rubbish, it needed a good hoover!!!!!!! The room was basic, walls were dirty, carpet was grubby, bed was not comfy, tv kept on pixalating, no fridge in the room, the furnisher was very old and dated, the bathroom also very old and grubby and not enough towels. Breakfast was self service, which is fine but my husband couldn't eat most of it as it was dried up. Some of the chairs in the restaurant looked liked baby chairs, these chairs were also dirty, enough to put you off your food. We got back to the room about 11,30pm to some very loud music, I put up with it for an hour before I phoned reception, was told that it would continue until 1.00. We had just left a 4* hotel in Chesterfield (first class) and would have stayed another night but it was fully booked, what a complete transformation, just could not wait to get out of this hotel. Would I recommend this hotel, NEVER.SHAME ON YOU

3 Thank aberavon_12
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times now and as always everything was perfect. The team are great, the service friendly and they all give the impression that they love working there. A real credit to the Management team

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was our second visit here in a year due to a local function we attend. Unfortunately I found the bed very hard and the pillows were very flat and uncomfortable. I did go to reception to ask for more but we were with a large group who were being served at that time as some of them did not have the rooms allocated they had booked in advance via booking.com and the hotel was full, so much to their disappointment were being turned away, my pillow request seemed inappropriate at the time! The breakfast seemed compromised also; I found the scrambled eggs very “processed” and the orange juice watered down. I appreciate they were full and under some stress, the most helpful and able members of the staff I found were the concierge.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Cardiff
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a dump!! As part of my job I have to stay at hotels a lot in the week (unfortunately) and i choose to stay at Hilton's because of the rewards programme. Most Hilton's are the same - and in general they are really good.
However, this Hilton in Nottingham is just dreadful. The rooms are old and outdated, the room service is dreadful, the service is slow and laboured and the overall hygiene in the rooms and the bathrooms is poor.
Specifically, the rooms are shabby, the carpets are dirty, the furniture is well past its sell by date and the overall quality is well below par. The bathroom hygiene leaves a lot to be desired and I am generally worried about using it in the morning! The room service team forgot any cutlery, my dessert and a bottle opener for my drinks! The pint glass I had was disgustingly dirty and stained and they had to change it!

Overall a really poor experience being here so far and I hope that Hilton have planned to update this tired old hotel sometime soon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gin7Cardiff
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Out of all the Hiltons, I found this to be extremely cheap when I booked it. I later found out the reason for it's cheap prices. The room smelt like someone had just came out the shower, the view was terrible. There was no minibar (I was staying for a few nights so I wanted to keep my drinks cold) The Hilton is a large multi national company and YET they expect us to pay £15 for in-room Wifi and an extra £5 for room service! Regardless of the hotel prices being cheap it is not a reputation the Hilton wants to receive, just because they don't have in-room WiFi. The restaurant had a nice setting. Breakfast was great, the food is ok. It is set to be a gourmet restaurant but the menu options was very little and at extreme prices that I would NOT pay! Overall, it did the job, I had a bed and it was clean (I'de like to think so) but the basic service of WiFi in the room and free room service really really disappointed me. Not to mention, I thought my room was small. I met up with my friend in the same Hotel and her room was even smaller!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Natasha R
Shoreham By Sea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I really tried to keep an open mind when We eventually arrived at this hotel going around the one way system and getting lost as I found out that everyone does! Car park oppersite charging £26 for two nights, just checked my receipt and they have taken 46.52? Will ring them when I can find the strength. Good receptionist checked us in with the minimum fuss and my request for a quiet room was on record. Room reasonable but no way was there a partial city view or 32 inch TV more like 20inch.
All went well until returning to the hotel at 9.30 and went up to the room and was greeted with the loudest disco music coming from downstairs, it was so loud that the room was vibrating and it was even worse in the bathroom. Made two calls to reception but could not even hear what they were saying and by the time it stopped I was unable to sleep as I was so worked up.
The next night we were out till 12.00, but when we returned the same thing was happening and that stopped shortly after 1.00 am.There is obviously no proper soundproofing in the function rooms. I will not even mention the creaky floor boards, they are a complete joke.
Breakfast was very good and the bed was comfortable.
Will I return No! No! No! I often holiday in Tenerife which is a really lively resort and have never come across such a noisy hotel. How dare they sell you a hotel room when they know it is impossible to sleep with those vibrations.

Room Tip: Please don't go