“Awful Customer service”

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We booked this hotel for our wedding night, but as the hotel could not offer us earlier check in than 3pm, we had to book a room for the previous night so the bride could prepare for the wedding. Hilton took payment for the extra night & appeared to loose the booking & it took repeated attempts stay in the room we had booked. When my elderly parents (80's) tried to check in slightly early they were brusquely told that the check in was 3pm & that was it...
The room (bridal suite) had 4 light bulbs not working. We asked for some more tea, coffee & sugar sachets for the room & it took 45 minutes for room service to appear with a pot of cold tea!
On departure the hotel tried to charge us for previously agreed complimentary parking.
This hotel does not justify any stars!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank russbowey
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear russbowey,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisifed with your recent experience here at our Hotel. Pleased rest assured the feedback you have provided us with has been discussed with the necessary teams and the relevant action has been taken.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that this is definitely not our usual level of service, as our team go above and beyone to ensure our Guests are extremely satisfied, therefore this level of service will not continue as it will not be tolerated.

I do hope that we can welcome you abck to our Hotel again, where your next experience with us, is one of pure pleasure.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed in a family room for only one night - never again. The noise from the creaky floorboards and the heating (although turned off) meant that the children couldn't sleep and in the end had to be taken home by Dad. Mum stayed and had the worst night's sleep due to the noise and the solid bed. Also noisy from outside, which is not the hotel's fault, but updating including double glazing and air conditioning would help, as the room overlooked a busy city centre street. Receptionist was uninterested when I said the children had to go home due to the noise, just asked if it they had to go far - no thankfully, but that wasn't really the point, they should have been able to sleep in the hotel I'd booked.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear CeeCee D,

Thank you for your recent review about your expeience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience here at our Hoteland as a result had to leave early. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that, unfortunately we are unable to offer air conditioning in our guest rooms due to the age and restrictions in place on the building. We do however offer our guests two options in order to allow the room to maintain a more comfortable temperature. All rooms are provided with fans which can be located within the wardrobe or alternatively air cooling units are available upon request at reception (subject to availability).

We are also in the middle of Window replacement project which will address the other issue you have highlighted to us in your feedback.

i do hope that you will choose to stay with hilton again.

sincerely,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

tiny tiny rooms. hardly had room to do my press ups as the gap around the bed was narrower than my elbows. breakfast up t usual hilton standard. not a leisure fun hotel, just rabbit hutches for business travellers. damages hilton reputation in my opinion.

Room Tip: first floor is all tiny little rooms, window view is into air duct....ok for business stay buy would...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Toby W
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Toby W,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am happy to hear that you found breakfast at our hotel to have been great, I am very sorry to hear that you found your room to have been too small. Should you choose to stay with us again, I would highly recommend booking a King Family room plus as these rooms are very spacious and would easily accomodate your needs.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future and look forward to doing so.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed for 1 night at The Hilton. Great location. The room was clean and quiet. We used the pool which was also quiet and clean. Breakfast included a variety of food. The concierge was most helpful and we were able to leave our car at the hotel for the second day. Would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Vanessa V

Dear Vanessa V,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter thoroughly enjoyed your experience here at our Hotel, which was made even better by our fantastic city centre location, delicious breakfast and extemely friendly and helpful staff.

I do hope to welcome you back to our Hotel once again and look forward to doing so.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We arrived here without a booking hoping to secure a room for the night and found the staff at the front desk very unhelpful!!!

They were full and when we asked about other Hilton hotels nearby the staff were unwilling to help us at all.

We are Hilton Honors members and found this to be unacceptable.

Poor poor service!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sydney1973
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Sydney1973,

Thank you for your review about your recent experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that we were unable to accomodate you during your recent visit to Nottingham and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

it is a great disappointment to hear that you found the staff members on Reception to have been unhelpful with your request and were therefore left without a Hotel to go to. Please rest assured that I will be dealing with this immediately and corrective action will be taken to ensure it does not happen again.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that this is most definitely not Hilton Nottingham's usual standards and will nto continue in being so.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again for a much better experience.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A group of 14 ladies on a hen do, we arrived at the hotel for an organised murder mystery night complete with 4 course meal, we were then told by the receptionist to go and find our room, no body offered to show us the way. Once in the room we were greeted by 2 actors to host our night which was organised elsewhere. We asked if we could order drinks for the table but were told this was not possible and would have to walk down to the bar and get our own, so down to the bar I go, with a huge queue and one person serving. When i finally got to the front and ordered my drink, the young man had to ask me three times what I ordered as he kept forgetting!? I only ordered a Vodka and diet coke! He then could not open the till to take payment so left me standing around whilst he went to look for help, I took a sip of my drink and the coke (from a plastic bottle) was flat! So I left it on the side and went back to the room to find the man from behind the bar to be serving bread around the table... with his hands!!!! There was water on the tables, I had no water glass and had to drink from my coffee cup as there was just a lack of staff it seemed for me to ask for a glass.
I will not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear 123hol,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very disappointed to hear about your poor experience here at our hotel and would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Please rest assured that I will be speaking directly with the Conference and Events Manager regarding the service you received and can assure you that the relevant action will be taken.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Another great stay at the Hilton Nottingham. We stopped for a weekend city break for which the Hilton is ideal with its central location. Friendly happy staff welcome you and were happy to provide information on sites bars and restaurants to visit.

Our room was very clean and well maintained and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was first class with a great selection of cooked items pastries and fruits. Nicholson`s bar was a great place for a few drinks before heading out for evening {especially happy hour 5-7}.

The gym was well equipped and pool Jacuzzi sauna and steam room offered the ideal relaxing required after a busy day out and about.

We will definitely be back again and highly recommend stopping here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple