“Amazing location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Amazing location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is literally in the city centre with many shops and restaurants nearby! It's also within walking distance to Victoria Shopping Centre. The room was okay - plenty of creaking boards though. Breakfast was average - nothing to shout about. Do request for a room on the higher floors as the street outside can be very noisy and annoying particularly at night.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear shaunkhaw,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience here with us, which was made even better by our fantastic city centre location, which provided you with a great base to explore the city and all it has to offer.

I am however sorry to hear that you did not find our Breakfast to have been exceptional as Hilton Nottingham pride ourselves of the extremely high quality breakfasts served. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the Head chef to ensure full standards are resumed.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

On arrival and after trying to find the hotels Carpark which is no easy task at all, I was greeted by a frosty receptionist who checked me in and gave no further information - in my experience all hotels inform you of meals times etc. I had a table in the restaurant booked for 7.15 which I wanted to change due to my colleagues stuck on the motorway. I asked the receptionist if I could change my time and she said no you need to speak to the restaurant. I then had to ask where the
Restaurant and was and was greeted with a point of the figure and an over there!!! My room was on the first floor and was very tired and uninviting - basic springs to mind. During the night it rained which was awful as outside of the window which had to be open due to the room being very stuffy and hot there is a roof of plastic which you can imagine the rain hitting this was like a group of drummers outside of room. No sleep, bad service from the off, restaurant offering basic choices
And okay if you only like burgers and a choice of three salads. Bar closed at 11.50pm even though some of my colleagues still required a drink. Overall a very poor hotel of which I would have expected more. I don't think the Hilton brand will be visited by myself again. The only positive thing I can say is that concierge was very helpful as I we were running an event here , but again we were very unhappy with the hotel and meetings department as most unhelpful.

Room Tip: Avoid room 104
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LBB40
Dear LBB40,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your overall experience here with us. Please rest assured that I will be taking your concerns very seriously and will be addressing them with the relevant department Managers in order to ensure that any issues are recitified immediately.

I am sorry that we will not be able to welcome you back to our Hotel again in the future, as it would have been our pleasure to provide you with a much more enjoyable experience next time around.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Decent hotel in a very good location, right in the heart of the city. Room was average. The staff I encountered all were courteous and helpful. The hotel is slightly below par with respect to other Hilton properties...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear BKOLPL,

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time here with us, especially our fantastic city centre location which provided you with immediate access to all the city has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff to have been friendly and attentive providing you with great customer service.

I hope that we can welcome you back to our Hotel again in the near future and look forward to doing so.

sincerely,

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Lovely hotel ideally located at the heart of Nottingham for a fab weekend. Very clean and extremely comfortable. We didn't use much of the facilities that were on offer, but there was everything you could want. We would certainly go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Chris K,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience here at Hilton Nottingham.

I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time here with us, especially our fantastic city centre location which provided you with immediate access to all the city has to offer.

I will be sure to pass on your very kind review to the Team here as they too will be thrilled to hear of your excellent experience.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Got there at 14.30 was told room not quite ready be ready guaranteed at 15.00 so we went to the restaurant and paid nearly £40 for a bar snack which took us up to 16.20 so went for our key to be told room not ready and going to be a couple of hours yet. Our event was at 18.30 so had to change in car no shower, no hair straightened no make up no chill out before event and had to drink home so could not relax and partake in a drink. No apology and dead keen to cancel us and ship us out. Disgusting. Also I'm disabled and needed to elevate my leg and now have a terribly swollen ankle. All in all a massive stink. Forget you Hilton Hotels forever more.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Becky W,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced and would like to offer my sincere apologies. Please rest assured that I will be addressingt heis with all parties concerned and can assure you that this will not happen again.

I would like to take the opportunity to assure you that this is most definitely not Hilton Nottingham's usual level of service and will not continue to be so.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Room was of poor quality. Had the nice treat of staying on the 6th floor which meant the luggage had to be taken up the lift 5 floors and then brought by stairs to the 6th. Toilet would not flush even after requesting service twice- no water pressure.

Breakfast was good and the pool was nice. Location was good - in the center of the city with many restaurants. However, there are probably better hotels near the center.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nathan K,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am delighted to hear that you found the breakfast to have been delicious, the pool to have been very relaxing and our location to have been perfectly situated for access to the city centre, I am very sorry to hear that you did not find the quality of the room to have been up to your expectations.

Please rest assured that I will be speaking directly with the maintenance team in order to ensure that the concerns you have raised are rectified immediately and do not cause any further inconvenience.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again, where it would be my pleasure to provide you with a room on a lift serviced floor.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Me and three friends stayed here last Friday night. It was perfect and offered everything we needed. We shared a family room which was arranged to accomodate us all comfortably. Gorgeous pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna which was very much appreciated after a night out. Would highly recommend

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Harriet B,

I am thrilled to hear of your fantastic time here at our hotel which was madeeven better by our Spa faciltities, which allowed you to recover from your much enjoyed night out celebrating.

I do hope that you will keep us in mind for your next visit to Nottingham as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.