“Swam, Ate, Slept.”

Hilton Nottingham
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hilton Nottingham is a clean and well organised hotel. For a business trip, perfect. It is graced by a new pairing with Nicholson's Restaurant chain inside the hotel. I ate there last night and I do like a chicken Caesar salad. I also requested some chorizo on it, lots of tomatoes and some chilli oil, all of which arrived. The service was spot on (thanks Melissa) and I will certainly stay there again. I do have a grumble with Hilton regarding paying for broadband access, that's so 'noughties'! I enjoyed the Living Well Health Centre and even bought a cossie there. Its well positioned to take advantage of the cab drivers strike so we drove our own car!

Room Tip: There are some with crappy views of the inner parts of the building so do ask for one with a view. T...

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for one night (13/06/14). Knowing Hilton is recognised worldwide for being an upmarket, classy chain of hotels we booked this without hesitation. Hilton Nottingham is nothing what we expected. The hotel lobby and building itself is beautiful and cannot be faulted, however the room we stayed in was absolutely shambolic. Firstly, the room is microscopic with practically no room for movement. The room had two floor lamps/table lamps which did not work, and left the already dull and gloomy room in almost darkness. Secondly, the air con situation in this hotel is atrocious. I have read previous responses from the hotel manager saying that the building is too old to have Aircon built in, however I'm sure there are other things in place other than small desk fans (which also don't work or spin may I add). And as for this hotel advertising itself as "business traveller friendly" I am unaware of any other well known chain of hotels making customers pay £14.99 for 24 hours of wifi. You can get FREE wifi in McDonald's now for gods sake! Finally, the beds are the most uncomfortable things I have ever slept on. I probably would have gotten a better nights sleep in the car park across the road. Totally disappointed with this hotel, will return to Nottingham but definitely not to the Hilton. Absolute embarrassment to the brand.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank P1LKOAO
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here for a hen party and our room was large and well appointed (though the basic rooms are nowhere near as large or lovely). The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance to the castle and main shopping area. A taxi to the hotel from the train station cost around five pounds. The concierge was friendly but the reception staff less so... And the bar staff are incredibly slow (especially during happy hour when cocktails seem to be the order of the day). The decor of this hotel is very tired and seriously needs updating. I saw fraying carpets and peeling wallpaper in places. The breakfast was great though- the only drawback being that they ran out of ketchup (personal pet peeve of mine). Cleaning standards could be higher. All in all, an average hotel with a few redeeming qualities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference. The staff were friendly, and always willing to help.
Much to my dissapointment, the standard of hygiene in the bedrooms-left a lot to be desired, I had to pull the bed out from the wall as I had dropped my earring, and much to my horror and disgust I found that this area had not been cleaned in a long --long time.

1  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Hilton as wedding party and were treated very well, from the moment we walked through the doors. The concierge was most helpful and very friendly with advice on parking when we rang.
The rooms for everyone were excellent and a room suitable for a wheel chair was found at the last minute as one of the party had a broken foot. Another member of the party had special requirements also and these were accommodated with ease.
The breakfast on both days was very varied and everyone enjoyed the communal areas.
Excellent central location.
Thank you Hilton for lovely memories.

Room Tip: Rooms were all good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

When you book at a Hilton Hotel you expect cleanliness, good service, internet access... perhaps even relaxation. Well you can forget all that at the Nottingham branch! Some of the rooms are so small a family of house mice would complain! Which is perhaps the only explanation of their absence... It would appear the cleaning staff may have been dismissed as part of an ill-conceived "restructuring". I found hair-clips and tissues poking out of the dust in the carpet, and the bathroom suite was heavily stained by the rusting hinges and taps. More "Farty Towels" than Waldorf Astoria. An ACDC concert is loud but that's nothing compared with the thousands of drunk revellers serenading us with "10 German Bombers" at 4am every night. It is obviously not the hotel's fault that the locals undergo metamorphosis and re-emerge as neanderthal man after 134 Jagerbombs but had the rooms not had such a stale smell and a stuffy ambiance I could have at least shut the windows on their out-of-key vocals. Seriously, we'd have got more sleep on the runway of the East Midlands Airport! Having eventually found the hotel by car - an SAS-esque mission given the all encompassing one-way system - there was nowhere to park. Nor was there a concierge to guide us. To be fair the hotel check-in staff were helpful and provided a map illustrating the location of a partner car park which we duly followed. However, 2 nights parking cost us over £20 (after the very very very generous £1 reduction the validation at the Hotel reception entitles you to). That money would have been better served swapping our room to an 8 bed dorm in the local youth hostel, or purchasing 4 bottles of unbranded Vodka and joining the singers. Finally, I was staying on business and thus had the mobile and a laptop with me. I expect internet access gratis from a hotel that promotes itself as business friendly. Well, fat chance of that at the Nottingham Hilton - instead it's circa £15 for 24 hours! The hotel's marginal cost much be zilch! At very least, you'd have thought the money saved on cleaning could have been invested!? Did I leave a tip..? Yes, "Don't stay at the Nottingham Hilton" (fyi, the Jury's Inn nr the station looked a better bet)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from a weekend in my home city of Nottingham with my wife and parents
Booked on late rooms a few months ago and through we would treat ourselves and book the Hilton and a deluxe room at that !
On arrival was made to wait while the person at the desk seemed to be shuffling some papers
Got keys to rooms 411 and 412 was disappointed to see they where ridiculously small with a view of a wall
We where supposed to have a basket waiting for us containing nuts sweets water and a paper
This was not present so my wife called down to reception and asked why
We where informed that they would look into it at the same time my wife asked if this really was a deluxe room or had there been a mistake ?
Apparently our room that was very reminiscent of a small cell was in fact yes a deluxe room
Thirty minutes later we still hadn't heard about our basket so we went out to eat .
On the whole the hotel is fairly shabby and outdated and in need of a revamp
And they really need to rethink there definition of deluxe as there was nothing deluxe about our room .
On the good side the breakfast is outstanding and the service is
The attached health club is also well equipped as is the pool area
However the hotel market in a big city like Nottingham is massive so the Hilton needs to spend some money and keep up as it's one of the oldest and biggest hotels in the city
Would not rush back

Room Tip: Don't book the hilton
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family