Having stayed at a Hilton in a different city, and with the name that Hilton has, i thought it was a no-brainer staying here.
Hilton have clearly taken on a pre existing hotel and just slapped their logo on the top of the building and put in their own toiletries. I understand this is a listed building, so you can forgive a little, not a lot - which is what's needed. Absolutely no effort has been made on Hilton's part to update this horrendously out-dated hotel. It couldn't even get away with using key words like 'charm' or 'character', it's just run down and old.
I chose to upgrade the room for a further 20GBP which i never do, but thought why not? The room must be worth it! Nope, it was just a larger room with more room to make more noise on the creeky floorboards and uneven flooring, and someone trying on numerous occasions to access my room via the interconnecting door.
Walking to the room is a mission and i'd hate to do it with more than a carry on bag, with thick carpet, fire doors what feels like every 10meters, and uneven and noisy flooring.
My room felt like the whole thing was on a slant, my bathroom - which had a step up into it, was also on a noticeable slant - water was actually running 'downhill'.
The staff seemed un impressed about working there - probably because they don't believe in the product they're selling for the price they're selling it for. I know wouldn't want to work there, i'd actually be embarrassed checking people in.
The buffet breakfast brought this place up a bit and i was happy to see 'poached eggs' on the buffet, only to find them practically hard boiled.
Was happy to check out of this hotel and never return. I've not booked a Hilton since in fear that it is as 'good' as this one...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore the shopping and cultural delights of historic Nottingham from Hilton Nottingham hotel. This Nottingham hotel is a beautiful Victorian building situated in the heart of the city center, with contemporary décor and furnishings throughout the interior. Featuring a 60 foot indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, the longest hotel pool in the city, a fully equipped LivingWell health club and fitness center and a business center for corporate events and business guests, this unique Nottingham hotel is a delight for guests visiting historic Nottingham on business or to take in the sights and sounds.Step into Nottingham restaurant Nicholson’s Bar and Diner and enjoy modern and stylish American cuisine in an upscale diner setting, perfect for group dining or intimate romantic meals. Choose delicious cocktails from the extensive drinks menu and relax before a sampling the popular and lively night life that Nottingham has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Nottingham Hotel Nottingham
- Hilton International Nottingham
- Nottingham Hilton International