“Average”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with friends. At first we booked a 'Deluxe room' but it was so small and nothing in there says 'luxury'. Later we paid to upgrade to a 'Super King room' and that was better - more space however there was no towels in the bathroom!

Bed was comfy so I did get a good night of sleep. I'm pretty sure I left my glasses there but when I went back they said they've not got it.

For the price we paid I was not impressed. But then again Hilton's always been 'just alright, nothing special'.

If you only go there to sleep then it's worth going because its so convenient, but if you're looking for a luxury getaway or special occasion then try somewhere else :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Crystalxu,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although i am pleased to read that you found the location of the Hotel to have been fantastic as it provided you with immediate access to all the city has to offer, I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied with the rooms you had been provided.

Please rest assured that I will be speaking with the head housekeeper here regarding the issue of the lack of towels in your room and can assure you that it will not happen again.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again if your are in Nottingham, as it would be our pleasure to have you with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel staff was incredible. While the hotel was very old it had allot of character at every turn. Some rooms were updated but still had character. The staff was one of the best I've experienced under the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: Rooms are not air conditioned, but with the cool English breeze it was a delight.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cldusatour
Dear Cldusatour,

Thank you for your recent review about your experiemce at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to hear how much you thoroughly enjoyed your recent experience at our Hotel, which was made truly unforgettable by the fantastic staff who went out of their way to ensure your full satisfaction. I will be sure to pass on your very kind comments to the team as they too will be delighted with your review.

We all hope to welcome you back to our Hotel again soon and very much look forward to doing so.

Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were given a stay in the hotel as a gift, for which we are very lucky.
We stayed in a double delux room, for which the asking price is a frankly crazy £140.

While the hotel is comfortable it is both a little tired and in need of a spruce up (the restaurant furniture is in dire need of replacement with worn out, stained upholstery). I was also very surprised to find there was no air con in our "delux" room (which is the most expensive room in the hotel). Even Premier Inns at £50 a night have air con! As such the room, on the top floor, was very, very hot and uncomfortable.

That aside, the staff were always friendly and helpful (they found a portable air con unit for us) and I always felt that they would go out of their way to do anything they could to help.

We didn't eat at the restaurant for dinner, but the breakfast was nice.

The best thing about this hotel is its location, very central and within easy reach of the shops.

Room Tip: The upper floors get very warm
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ben19841208,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

Although I am pleased to read that you found our location to have been fantastic due to being so central, the staff to have been very helpful and attentive and the breakfast to have been delicious. I am very sorry to hear that you were overall disatisfied with the room you had been allocated.

Unfortunately we are unable to install air conditioning in to our guest rooms due to the age and restrictions in place on the building. We do however offer our guests two options in order to allow the room to maintain a more comfortable temperature. All rooms are provided with fans which can be located within the wardrobe or alternatively air cooling units are available upon request at reception (subject to availability), which i am delighted to hear that we provided for you.

I do hope that we can welcome you back once again as it would be our pleasure to do so.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I would like to say big thank you to all the staff specially to Esther the lovely Spanish waitress who looked after us during our meal. She made us feel so welcome, great service and good quality food. Definetely I recommend to anyone. Thanks Hilton.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Gonzalo R
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Gonzalo R,

Thank you very much for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham,

I am delighted to hear of your fantastic experience at our Hotel which was made truly unforgettable by Esther. I will be sure to acknowledge your comments with both Esther and the Department Manager to ensure she receives the reward and recognition she deserves.

I do hope to welcome you back to our Hotel again soon as it will be our pleasure to do so.

Longdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed one night after going to a concert. I have to say that for a Hilton Hotel it is in desperate need of some tender loving care. The room had a terrible view of extractor fans and grotty flat roofs. The service in the bar was very poor. Staff training needs immediate attention . Food nothing to crave about

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManager_10, General Manager at Hilton Nottingham, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Elaine4939,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your time here at our Hotel and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please rest assured that i will be addressing the issues you have highlighted to us in your feedback with the relevant team members in order to ensure that any concerns are addressed immediately.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to a Hilton Hotel again in the near future and look forward to doing so.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Male Receptionist was Condescending and made us feel unwelcome. Dirty, shoe box size room with no air-con or games console facilities as advertised. Drainpipe rainwater makes sleeping very difficult shower took 10 minutes for hot water to flow through and the handle fell off. Bathroom was clean and thats about the best bit! Room was dark and smelt damp. bed base looked like it had rabbits living under it as it was shredded like straw. Don't take your cat..you cant swing it around!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank l j
Dear l j,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience here at our Hotel and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have encountered as a result.

Please rest assured that I will be addressing all of the concerns you have raised with the relevant individuals and their departmental Managers to ensure that such poor service is not encountered again.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting Hilton Hotels again in the future as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back once again, proividing you with the true experience that you can expect from Hilton.

Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel really nice, in good location for all amenities, staff are so friendly food nice enjoyed a lovely weekend only draw back is the route to hotel my brother found the road into the hotel car park difficult as you were crossing into bus lanes and liable to fines

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Linda M
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for your recent review about your experience at Hilton Nottingham.

I am thrilled to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience here at our Hotel, which was mad even better by our fantastic friendly and attentive staff, brilliant city centre location and delicious food.

I am sorry however that you found accessing the Hotel a little difficult due to Nottingham's one way system. Hilton Nottingham understand our guests frustrations when trying to access the Hotel and have thereofre been working closely with the local council in order to improve our guests pre-arrival experience.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future and look forward to doing so.