Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel
US$66
US$79
US$76
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$65
Priceline
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
US$84
US$75
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$58
All reviewscountry parkhousing estatehunting lodgequeen victoria roomwedding receptionsteeped in historywedding venuefour poster bedwedding breakfastbar area isbar menuenjoyable staysat navstayed here for one nightbuffet styletea and coffeeradiator
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

Well the room was very clean and nice however when I checked in I was not told where my room could be found and believe me it was right at the back of hotel could get lost. We booked a table for 2 at 7:45 had a drink in the bar then went in and was told there could be an hour wait. There was only us and 3 other men in the room but yes there was a wait the meal was very nice we then ordered the pudding baileys creme brûlée which to me comes cold with a hard case on the top this bowl was very hot and there was no baileys in it and I'm an expert in this. We then had more drinks in the bar area which was very nice the ideal picture for a wedding venue. Breakfast was good and then we come to check out which took a whole due to the fact they had charged us for 3 meals when there were only 2 of us and the receptionist could not deal with this she did apologise however it meant we were late getting to our buissness meeting in bulwell.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 19 November 2012

not over impressed with this hotel, even though set in stunning grounds with surrounding
woodland i felt it desperately needs a good makover, especially to the old box sash windows
in the rooms, as they are in a very poor state of repair with rotten cills covered up with
blackjack flashband. myself & colleague both had different rooms over 3 weeks and all 4
had signs of dampness around windows, apart from draughts and sqeaking floorboards
hot water in ensuite bathrooms took about 10 minutes to warm up, although the large
double beds i found excellent. downstairs the lounge & bar area very quiet, more like a
public library as there is no tv good idea to take a laptop for entertaiment as they do have
wifi. drinks at the bar are a bit overpriced and there always seemed to be a shortage of
proper fresh beer glasses ( staff blamed this on people taking them home) resturant meals
were pretty good although pricey. bar meals good and a much cheaper option.
Overall staff were excellent at this hotel, although i do not think it is the sort of place
you would want to spend more than a couple of nights, due to lack of facilities and the fact
it is a bit remote from the centre of nottingham ( 4 miles ) expect to pay around £10 taxi fare.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We had our wedding reception at Bestwood 4 years ago and have returned today to celebrate our daughters christening. We have had a lovely day, the 3 course carvery in the restaurant was great value and everybody enjoyed their meal. The choice on offer was excellent with something for everyone. The staff were attentive and prompt. They even had our christening cake on a little table on a cake stand - a nice little touch. All in all we have no complaints what so ever about the service we have received today. Thank you Bestwood for marking another special day in our lives.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Wow is all that can be said to reflect this hotel. The setting, staff and food were all truly fantastic. I have no idea why this isn't fully booked, well the current financial climate will have something to do with it. I was on a training course for two weeks, however I only booked my first week to see what the hotel was like. I booked the second week after my second night.

Fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 October 2012

As other reviewers have noted, this one is a bit hard to find - my satnav showed it in the nearby housing estate, the postcode didn't help, and even the BW website map directions take you to the wrong point. I used Street View to check for signs.
Plenty of parking and reception helpful. The bar area is full-height with the bedroom access around it from a gallery - not particularly cosy. However the rooms are warm and well-appointed. Access to the bderooms is by stairs only (there is also a stair lift), but with the myriad of doors and twists, anyone who is less mobile should specifically request a more accessible room.
The location of the hotel in a country park means that there are few other facilities within walking distance.
Bar food was unfortunately mediocre in my case. I did complain on the third evening and was offered a complimentary dessert as compensation (declined). The restaurant menu was more extensive, but I didn't try it.
Breakfast however was excellent as a hot buffet.
For a quiet stay near Nottingham, this provides a reasonable service, but not the best.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business