Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel
US$139
Agoda.com
US$82
Priceline
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$61
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Nottingham West Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
PremierInn.com
All reviewscountry parkhousing estatehunting lodgequeen victoria roomwedding receptionsteeped in historywedding venuefour poster bedwedding breakfastbar area isbar menuenjoyable staysat navstayed here for one nightbuffet styletea and coffeeradiator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I attended a wedding at Bestwood Lodge over the bank holiday weekend,this place is truly amazing they could not have done more for us before and on the day.
The food was amazing with all special requests catered for without an issue. The room was set and staff were present in the background at all times. Having the manager meet the Bride & Groom on arrival with a glass of Champagne just added to the attentive service.

Some previous comments have been made about the hotel needing a refurb but this hotel dates back to the Doomsday book so of course its old!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
GeneralManager17, General Manager at Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Thank you for placing comments regarding your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed it and thank you for your most positive feedback.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wedding breakfast was held here on the 25th May 2013 and the General Manager and his lovely team could not do enough to make my day really special. The meal was outstanding and all my guests commented on the high standard of the food and service. An Absolutely amazing day made even better by the attentive team at Bestwood Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you enjoyed your day and that everything went well. On behalf of the team, congratulations, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed here for one night only last Friday. Had both our flatcoat retriever dogs with us and stayed with them in double room on first floor. Hotel exceeded our expectations. Dinner in restaurant very good and agree with previous reviewer - bar one of most attractive ever for a pre-dinner drink! Gothic architecture and history of place fascinating. Grounds perfect for walking dogs. Had huge fun playing hide and seek with dogs in maze...makes that late night last trip to garden highly enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager17, Manager at Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words with regards your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Lovely location & historic building but I would have thought that Best Western could do better than this. The staff are lovely really helpful & kind. The rooms are pretty awful & need major redecoration. We were in room 23 the carpet was threadbare in one part, the bathroom was grim & slightly smelly. The shower was pathetic as was the hairdryer. There were large damp patches on one wall.There are steep stairs to the bedrooms & I think that staff should routinely carry bags up for the guests - they do offer but I doubt guests realise how steep the stairs are until they start the ascent!
It's obvious that the main moneymaker are weddings & meetings - the downstairs toilets are lovely but no money seems to have been spent on the bedrooms. The grounds are gorgeous & could be so much nicer if Best Western would pay a gardener or two - there is a neglected arboretum with some gorgeous trees & an old Chinese garden which is equally neglected. As I mentioned earlier the staff try really hard to do their best & are very attentive. We would probably stay there again as we have 2 dogs (they sleep in the car) so we do not stay in city centre hotels. I note the manager doesn't comment on the trip advisor comments which says it all....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager17, General Manager at Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am truly sorry to read that you were disappointed with some elements of your stay. Thank you for your kind words with regards the Hotel staff and we hope to welcome you back should you return to Nottingham.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

Recently stayed here overnight whilst on a one-day conference. The hotel certainly has history and character and has seen some investment in certain areas, other parts of the building are looking a little sad. I can only guess at the maintenance costs to keep this building in A1 condition I'm guessing the current owners are not willing or able to completely commit to the project.

I stayed in room 10 - which was comfortable enough but corridor noise was certainly noticeable. The staff were on the whole friendly ... A breakfast waitress called Wendy was very jolly and stood out over the others. The real problem was in the kitchen - very slow service with only just above average food. Our vegetables arrived a full 20 minutes after most of the main courses - some at our table had finished before others were even served. The restaurant didn't appear busy and there seemed to be plenty of staff - we had to order ahead so the kitchen knew what we wanted - so not sure what the problem was. Breakfast in the morning was a little above office canteen standard - kind of what you'd expect for a 3 star hotel.

All in all a perfectly acceptable venue if you need a stay in the Nottingham area .... It was clean and comfortable. saying that, not sure I'd rush back with the wife - I certainly would be planning on eating out if I returned.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel and for leaving feedback with regards your stay. We take all guest comments seriously and I can assure you that I will be making an investigation into some elements of your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.