Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel
US$104
US$94
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Nottingham(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$88
US$73
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$81
Priceline
US$88
US$66
Agoda.com
Ibis Nottingham Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$115
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Nottingham Central Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscountry parkhousing estatehunting lodgequeen victoria roomwedding receptionsteeped in historywedding venuefour poster bedwedding breakfastbar area isbar menuenjoyable staysat navstayed here for one nightbuffet styletea and coffeeradiator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a work trip with colleagues. Hotel is mostly clean, few to many hairs in the bathroom though.

Had dinner one night in hotel. Service was very slow but the food was very good. If you are not in a hurry they certainly worth trying.

Staff all friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We have stayed at Bestwood Lodge on a number of occasions. It is an oasis of service close to the centre of Nottingham, set in an extensive park. I think it used to be a royal hunting lodge hundreds of years ago. The building still retains the feel of the past with high ceilings in the bar and restaurant. and tasteful decoration. Bedrooms are comfortable. There is even a four poster bed in one of them, which we enjoyed on one visit. Food in the restaurant has always been good, but on our last visit was exceptionally well presented and still excellent value for money. Looking forward to going back there again next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: For a special treat try the four poster bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barrington88
GeneralManager17, General Manager at Best Western Bestwood Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Thank you for being a regular visitor to Bestwood Lodge Hotel and thank you for your 5 star review. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Thanks again.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

i have stayed on three occasions.
First time room was quite good but breakfast was poor
Second time room was poor and there was no hot water at night,. I complained and was told it would be sorted. On morning I ran tap for two minutes and there was no hot. I was offered dreadful breakfast at no cost.
Third time I had a cold room with paint peeling off the ceiling.

I ate a formal dinner there last week. Starter was OK. Steak was beyond poor and dreadfully presented. I met some guests the next day. One got up to take rennies in the night. Nobody I spoke to thought the food other than poor.

I cancelled my last reservation made by staff. Go nowhere near the place is my advice.

Room Tip: Room 6 is good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

We are currently trying to contact this guest in order for us to discuss his experience personally.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I recently visited the Bestwood Lodge Hotel for a family occasion, with several family members staying over in the hotel.
This review is based on my experience of the food during the evening meal.
The cost of the meal was either £22 or £26 depending upon which of the two menus you selected from - neither of which had a great choice (although there was also a children's menu).
The food served was warm, rather than hot and some of the beef dishes were quite tough. The Panna Cotta was looked and tasted like very thick custard, not exactly light and creamy. My wife also had some plastic in her Shoulder of Lamb main course. The lack of quality wasn't compensated by quantity either.
I didn't stay overnight so couldn't comment on the accommodation, but I was told by the family that did, that the breakfast was in the same vain - powdered scrambled egg and no choice of fried or poached etc.
The hotel is in nice grounds and appears to have reasonable furnishings, certainly not run-down or shabby.
All in all, this was a very disappointing experience given a £26 per head price tag. I certainly won't be revisiting here for a meal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to place your review. I was most disappointed to read your comments and I can assure you that a full investigation has taken place involving all heads of department involved in your visit. Please accept my most sincere apologies for an experience that seems to have unusually fallen below, our normal high standards.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I attended a wedding at Bestwood Lodge over the bank holiday weekend,this place is truly amazing they could not have done more for us before and on the day.
The food was amazing with all special requests catered for without an issue. The room was set and staff were present in the background at all times. Having the manager meet the Bride & Groom on arrival with a glass of Champagne just added to the attentive service.

Some previous comments have been made about the hotel needing a refurb but this hotel dates back to the Doomsday book so of course its old!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for placing comments regarding your recent visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed it and thank you for your most positive feedback.