“Extremely disappointing and SLOW service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Bella Italia Nottingham Cornerhouse
Ranked #513 of 1,395 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Take a break from the non stop entertainment of the Nottingham Cornerhouse and enjoy an Italian inspired meal at Bella Italia. Set amidst the 14 screen cinema, casino, gaming centre and numerous dining facilities, Bella Italia offers good quality Italian food from pizzas to pasta and much more. The set menu is great value for money and the kids have their own special menus with plenty of choice. If you are out in a group why not try one of Bella Italia's party menus full of tasty treats. As for the a la carte, classic dishes such as the Quattro Stagioni pizza with pepperoni, smoked ham, artichokes and roasted mushrooms or the spaghetti carbonara with pancetta and pecorino are sure to please. The wine list stays faithful to Italy and the beers too.
london
“Extremely disappointing and SLOW service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I ordered the Chicken & Ribs Combo which took over 35 minutes to arrive! I had to twice prompt the waitress after 25 minutes had passed.

I was disappointed as it seemed overcooked- slightly explaining the delay? The Onion rings were more like Onion Crisps! The Chicken was slightly charred , the ribs were ok but had too little Sauce.

The Cookie Lava Cake was just a complete disappointment- I should have quit before I fell further behind and just asked for bill after I finished my main. It was so sticky and some parts were so hard ended up not finishing it.

I first ordered at 12.52 and didn't get to pay till 2.15 for a 2 course meal!

I even had to wait to use the card machine! Tbf the waitress did apologize for the long wait after I entered my PIN but it was too late by then as no one had even bothered to ask if I was enjoying ( or not in this case ) my meal .

I think this will be my first and last visit to Bella Italia.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Well cooked food. Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recently visited this Bella Italia on a very hot Sunday afternoon. The place was busy but we managed to get a table outside in the sun. I spite of the fact the place was heaving, we were served pretty quickly by a lovely waitress who was very pleasant and didn't rush us. The food was of a good standard, hot and enjoyable. My only criticism was that the drinks were very expensive but that's par for the course at these places. All in all a good experience. We would visit again

• Visited May 2014
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Superb breakfast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

A very warm welcome by the waitress, and we were looked after very well. A superb breakfast - breakfast pizza and the Diavolo omelette, were both spectacular. And I consider myself a good omelette maker! Lovely fresh orange juice. Nice chat with the waitress made us feel welcome. Highly recommend

• Visited June 2014
“Bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

So came to bella for my dads 60th to be greeted at the door by a very tall waiter who squared up to my mum (who is short) as a 'joke' making fun of her height. We have a sense of humour but after a good few minutes of wondering who this guy was, trying to laugh it off realising he was actually our waiter made us very uncomfortable. It was very intimidating and would not return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Service needs to improve”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Three of us visited Bella Italia after an afternoon visit to the next door Theatre Royal. The restaurant was fairly busy, as we expected at nearly 5.30pm, and we were shown to a table and given menus. The waitress left us and eventually returned asking if we would like to order drinks. We did so and she left. The drinks arrived nearly 10 minutes later and when we asked to give her our order she said she would come back. She did, after taking an order from another table which was occupied after we arrived. Incidentally one of our two cokes had a slice of lemon, the other didn't.
When we gave her our order the waitress did not make a note of what we required and as a result, when the two salads and a pizza arrived some 20 minutes later, the pizza was not what was ordered. However, we kept it as we did not want to wait any longer. The chunky chips we had ordered also failed to arrive and we had to remind the staff twice. When they did arrive we had almost finished our meals, and the chips weren't what I would call chunky. The food was quite good.
Getting the bill was relatively easy as we asked another waiter who brought it almost immediately.
This was our first experience of the restaurant chain and we will probably hesitate before going again.

• Visited May 2014