“Birthday Party... completely ruined by the staff”
Review of Via Fossa

Via Fossa
Ranked #440 of 1,449 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2013

DO NOT GO HERE. my daughter had their 20th birthday party here, family and friends. Everything was going smoothly before the bouncers chucked out my nephew and god sons because they didnt have ID. We were told very clearly we could have 10 % under age which was fine as only few family memebers were 15,16,17. One thing led to another, the bouncers were so so rude and aggressive. The manager was a nasty piece of work as well. We went back the next day to collect things, they had thrown all of it away. Such rudeness and disrespect after we paid a lot of money and spent a lot on the bar. I wouldnt recommend VIA FOSSA for any event to anyone.

1  Thank LutonSummers
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Via Fossa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear LutonSummers,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise about your recent experiacen for your daughters 20th birthday party at the Via Fossa - Nottingham. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

John Barras

There are newer reviews for Via Fossa

Reviewed 17 March 2013

My daughter had chosen to have her Hen party at the Via Fossa. There were 17 of us of various ages and dietry requirements. I have to say that the welcome was very friendly and that the 'play staff' were very funny. Unfortunately the costumes had a bit of a tired look about them and I'm sorry to say that they absolutely stank. I couldnt wear them. My daughter had a great time, she enjoyed getting up on the stage and mucking in with the show! taking the head of a cucumber off, getting a ball in a bucket and spinning plates, my daughter is pretty much game for a laugh so I hope she enjoyed it. The food I have to sadly was disgusting. Very much frozen school dinner muck really. Sorry. Very unfortunate was the vegetarian option that my counterpart had. Rice with a bed of potatoes - really?? nothing more inventive then? Very unfortunate. I have to say that the overall decor of the place was just really dirty and sticky. Which was such a shame as I think with a proper clean up and all the light bulbs replacing and the curtains put up properly I'm sure it would look much nicer. I hope my daughter enjoyed her evening. We know that the sherrif enjoyed her willy water pistol filled with apple sours! The Sherrif, Robin, the jester and the Maid Marion and the jester were all fun. I'm sorry I wont be able to recommend the venue but the staff were lovely.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I haven't read any other reviews but here is my experience. Lovely building, friendly staff. Costumes are worth while as it adds to the fun and laughter. Long wooden tables so if you are in a large group its ideal. I opted for a bottle of wine rather than the jugs which were the 'as much as you like' i can see why as it was like flat lambrini (awful) !!!

Robin Hood made an entrance and the night started with some music, singing, circus tricks and general banter and tongue in cheek humour. (if you are offended by swearing and sexist jokes and activities then you've been warned- but its all a bit of a pun!!)
most people were pretty 'on their way' an hour into the night so they may not have been aware of the poor quality of food coming their way.................soup that I'm sure was a vat of 'cuppa-soup' served from a plastic jug, however lots of nice fresh bread to make up for the crap soup.
Then pork, chicken and gravy, there were large bowls of salad brought to the tables with boiled new potatoes and veg- very sorry veg that had been boiled to death. I had veggie option of pasta in spicy tomato sauce- was very nice and I was the envy of a few meat eaters for a change!! Pudding was chocolate - nothing amazing.
Overall its an ideal place to come with a group for a good knees up, laugh, cheese factor. the disco at the end was ok, as was the entertainment which got a little boring after a few hours.
Go there if you can get a good deal (we paid £16pp on groupon) as the food is not really the focus its more about the theme and getting into character!!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My partner and I went to a medieval banquet at Via Fossa, it is a great location and the venue is spot on for a medieval banquet.

I have to comment on the food it was well above our expectations after reading other reviews,the first course was a spicy vegetable soup, warm fresh bread, a beautiful dip and the soup was served in a giant tortilla , followed by carved slices of pork with apple sauce and salad, ( beautifully dressed as well ) . Follow this with a chicken dinner, choc cake and cream and we were royally stuffed !

Bar staff were friendly, the entertainment was spot on Robin Hood had us in sitches all night and DJ Sheriffs disco great mix of cheesy tunes and disco. Thanks Sheriff :)

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Went here for a stag part. Before going anywhere I always read reviews, although they were bad I didn't book the venue so no choice. The entertainment was ok ish. The wine served tasted like the powdered wine you can buy and just add water. The "soup" was spicy water with a small piece of bread with no butter and although we asked for more bread we received none. One table got some shreded limp salad which no-one else received. They then brought out some ribs, these measured about 2" by 3" and you got one. I asked if I could have more which the reply was, don't worry there is another couple of courses. We had waited so long just to get to that point and we're told the other courses were similar in quantity to what we had already been given, we left and went to subway.When we first arrived for the banquet I used the toilet and found someone had been sick in the sink. When we left 2 hours later I used the toilet again to find the sick still there. Do not bother going here. It is very poor quality food, drink, entertainment and obviously poor cleanliness which makes you wonder about the kitchens.

1  Thank dave2743