“Great place for a family visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Water Sports Centre

National Water Sports Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holme Pierrepont Country Park, home of The National Water Sports Centre is a hidden gem just 10 minutes outside of Nottingham City Centre! Boasting 270 acres of country park and a 2km Regatta Lake, which as well as being great to walk, run or cycle around, also contain a huge range of activities for all ages! Activities include: - Sky Trail High Ropes Course - Mini Golf - Segways - ECombat Laser Tag - White Water Rafting - White Water Tubing - Lazy River Tubing - Wakeboarding - FootGolf - X Runner Assault Course - Children's Playground The centre also has a state-of-the-art gym with lakeside views, conference facilities, en-suite accommodation and an 18 acre campsite with Camping Arches and Tipis alongside traditional camping pitches.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great place for a family visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

We bought a voucher from Groupon to go and do the high ropes and mini golf which was great. We didn't even know that it was there so we're really pleasantly surprised to find this gem of a family centre on our doorsteps. Lovely cafe for some lunch and hours of fun for the kids. Will definitely be returning

Visited January 2015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice clean site ,the toilets were a bit dated and shared with some traveling community using the shower facilities .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2015

I liked the site ,fresh water Electric and grey water easy to access and only a short walk to the Water Sports Centre with great walks for our dog along the Trent. The people were very friendly and helpful , I will certainly go there again,it needs more exploring !

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fab fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2015

I was extremely nervous especially as arriving early we had time to watch the others going down the course (and falling out!) and all the other groups looked like stag dos (and i was a lone female over 50) and i wanted to back out. However the staff were amazing and convinced me I would be in safe hands and would only do as much as I wanted to. How I would have regretted missing this treat. Danny the instructor was awesome. He had the exact level of humour (without being flippant) confidence (without being cocky) and knowledge. He put me at easy early on and assured me he would look after me - which he did. All the instructors really looked like they enjoyed their job and worked hard which made the experience fun. We all felt like we were treated extra specially but im sure they do it for each rafting trip. Thank you to you all

1 Thank jeanieb22
Berkshire, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Never been so wet Rafing is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2015

We had prebooked the rafting for my son's Stag weekend, it did not dissapoint! 18 of us seragated between 3 rafts all had very good instructors, After donning wetsuits and life preservers we had some pre rafting photos then some dry land instuctions on procedures for paddling and safety. We then hit the water paddling around and getting used to following instructions after a few minutes we headed out through a tunnel into the olympic style man made white water course. Not giving too much away this is an expereince of thrills a lots of spills DO IT!!

85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Enjoy but keep everything shut...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

I would love to give this place five stars. The White water rafting was great fun, a proper work out and a completely different experience to normal weekend activities. The instructors seemed sound, they protected the more nervous and kept the thing moving.

One major downside. The trent is not a clean river, and over a week after visiting I remain I'll with blood test results en route and fear of all manner of water Bourne illnesses.

Great fun, but the risk of illness needs factored in.