“White water rafting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Water Sports Centre

National Water Sports Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holme Pierrepont Country Park, home of The National Water Sports Centre is a hidden gem just 10 minutes outside of Nottingham City Centre! Boasting 270 acres of country park and a 2km Regatta Lake, which as well as being great to walk, run or cycle around, also contain a huge range of activities for all ages! Activities include: - Sky Trail High Ropes Course - Mini Golf - Segways - ECombat Laser Tag - White Water Rafting - White Water Tubing - Lazy River Tubing - Wakeboarding - FootGolf - X Runner Assault Course - Children's Playground The centre also has a state-of-the-art gym with lakeside views, conference facilities, en-suite accommodation and an 18 acre campsite with Camping Arches and Tipis alongside traditional camping pitches.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Coventry
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“White water rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2016

I went white water rafting today with a friend, to celebrate our 50th's, ok so it was a year late, but what fun we had!! Peruvian Dan was our instructor, and Isla was assisting him, they were AMAZING!! They pitched it just right, made sure everyone swapped around positions, be warned the front of the boat spends a lot of the time under the water!! My friend "decided" she wanted a swim.....ok so she fell out......she took on a lot of water and eventually surfaced on the other side of the raft at the back, she bailed out the front so was underwater for what seemed ages but was probably only seconds, she was quite shaken but Dan and Isla were so suppotive and she continued for the rest of the trips down the Rapids. I couldn't believe the time when we finished, (we went round 4 times), the time just flew by!
The photos were awesome, neither of us thought £8.50 each was expensive for what we got.
Would I do it again?????? That's a BIG yes!!!!
Looking to go back and camp, so I can do more of the activities available, so much to do and a lovely park.

2 Thank ThelmaandLouise45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“30th Birthday white water rafting!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

We went here for my husbands 30th Birthday with a group of friends. I can't recommend it enough. It was better than I thought it would be and our instructor Matt was brilliant. He made us feel safe and at ease meanwhile making it so much fun and we had such a laugh. He asked us beforehand what sort of thing we wanted (to which we wanted lots of thrills) and that's certainly what he gave us.
Brilliant day out and my husband and our friends absolutely loved it and we definitely want to do it again . Thanks so much for a great day!

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Rafting for a friends 30th birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

My friends and I went white water rafting yesterday as a surprise for our friends 30th birthday and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was an amazing experience and we will definitely do it again!
Our guide was Matt who was brilliant with us and he certainly made sure we had a good time!! I had a bad leg on the day and although I was nervous he made me feel safe!
We all had such a good laugh and we purchased our photos which had perfectly captured our experience (warts and all) for us to show our friends and family that evening with a slideshow on the tele.. which was highly amusing to all!
We highly recommend it to anyone thinking of giving it a go!

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Lots to see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2016

I actually went here on a photography course, but what a fabulous place to visit. There's everything you'd expect at a water centre including the River Trent and canal boats and locks. We particularly enjoyed watching the canoeists practising on the rapids.

Visited August 2016
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“White water rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2016

Highly recommend white water rafting as myself, sons and nephew didn't stop laughing from start to finish. The family price deal on the photos from Alex Wilkinson photography has helped to remember those really high points! Basically when I fell in!! Really well organised and a great day out and still laughing at the photos now! :-)

Visited September 2016