“Good food”

Price range: US$6 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Good food but could have been abit hotter and the yorkshire pudding abit less chewy. Excellent service.

1  Thank Sue3012

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have now been to Fothergills several times, usually for the offer they have Mon-Wed for two main courses and bottle of wine for £29. I think it's a wonderful value, and I am getting addicted to their mussels, whilst they also have a great variety of meat/pie/other dishes for my manly other half. They also have a good choice for ales, and a nice summer terrace overlooking Nottingham's key tourist attractions (well, the 'castle' and the Robin Hood statue). I would definitely go there again. The service is good, the waiters are great and attentive (if sometimes busy).

1  Thank Emilija K
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went last night (16th Aug) with the missus and another couple.
On arrival table wasn't ready but we were instantly sat down in a waiting area and drinks order taken immediately. Our table was even pointed out to us.
As soon as the table was ready -5 mins- we were seated and the order for food taken at our leisure.
The service of the staff was spot on - not rushed, but equally there when you wanted them,
The food was excellent with good sized portions and cooked to perfection.
All in all a brilliant experience, made even better by the fact that you can have a conversation without loads of background noise as in other bar/restaurants.
Mightily impressed, and reasonable prices to boot.

3  Thank foresttogle
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend chose this restaurant after looking online at reviews and menu and were pleased with the selection of food, atmosphere and location of Fothergills would be the right place to go for our anniversary!
Little did I know, my partner had arrived early to plant a few surprises for me when we were booked in.. He was very happy with the service provided in order to make them preparations. The vibe of the restaurant was a lovely change, felt really sophisticated and easy going. Staff were attentive and made us aware of the specials and offers when we were seated.
We had starters of the prawn cocktail and soup of the day, (loved the bread!) followed by the Fish and Chips, and I had the 8oz steak, we could instantly tell that everything was freshly made to order. Next time I would definitely have the Fish and Chips, it just had the perfect batter to it! Our desert was the Warm Chocolate Brownie with Rasberry and Apricot sauce.... It's fair to say we was both very full
I would definitely recommend this place for anybody, for any occasion. Even if it's not for food, the seating area outside would be great to sit outside and have Nottingham Castle as a view.
Thank you to all the staff who made our evening perfect!

2  Thank Holcee
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We visited here following my graduation. We took advantage of the lunch special with two courses for £11.95 (I think!). This was great value. The menu had a brilliant selection of food. My mum and I both had salads but these were the best salads I've ever had. Mine was duck with raspberries and rocket. Fresh and light. This was of course accompanied with a side of chips. The boys had a range of pies and burger from the 'light lunch' section. These were not light in terms of small portions they were great portions and quality. None of us had any room for dessert (which could be added for a small amount). The setting was great too as it was sunny the restaurant front was opened and although we were inside it felt very light and airy. This was a great way to celebrate my graduation so thank you.

3  Thank PHolden88