“Never mind the quality, feel the width!”

Premier Suites Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Never mind the quality, feel the width!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

These apartments are pretty big and in my experience, not hugely over-used so you quite often get given an even larger one than you actually booked.

The décor is nice but can be knocked about a bit and look a little tired - bear in mind that some apartments have been rented long term for use during the day so they can get a bit of wear and tear.
The rooms are very large and the 2 bedroom ones have an en-suite which is nice if you stay with other people.
The kitchen is easily big enough for cooking a full-on family dinner and it comes with a washer/dryer and a full size oven - I suppose the apartments aren't really aimed at the likes of me i.e. mid-week business traveller but it's really nice to be able to make yourself a cup of tea and some toast in the morning.

The corridors in the building don't get much ventilation so you can get some rather strong smells that linger for days if someone has brought home a curry, but I can't say I noticed it getting through my front door.

One thing that is excellent is the customer service - the people on the door are extremely pleasant and helpful when I checked in.

Worth remembering that it isn't a hotel and that the apartment/towels/sheets will only get cleaned once a week so don't get too lively with the towels.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to park the car - the charges at the hotel are a rip-off
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nadgetastic
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay at the apartments. I am glad to hear that all in all you had a comfortable stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that the front office staff provided you with excellent customer service and I will make sure that they get your compliments. I hope you will stay at Premier Apartments Nottingham again very soon.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had to spend 3 nights away alone on business. Did not want a table for one in a hotel restaurant, neither did I want to stand out on the street to have a cigarette on my own.
Booked a one bed apartment with smoking preference. Unfortunately none were available when I checked in but the staff gave me a non smoking room with huge balcony on 1st floor. I smoke outside at home so this was fine for me! Yes the road is busy and noisy with the doors open, and my room was by the lift, but it really was not a problem for me. Felt safe and comfy, home from home. Would return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Premier Apartments Nottingham. I am glad to hear that the front office staff made you feel welcome and you had a comfortable stay with us. I am looking forward to welcome you at the apartments again very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed her a few years ago and raved about the place, so I managed to book in for my recent visit
I stayed in a one bed apartment
The location is pretty central close to lace walks
It's a bit cumbersome at check in as you have to stop on a main road and get the code for the car park before you can get in, the parking is a rip off 14 pounds per day
Inside the block is getting tired and is in need of refurbishment
My room had a stale smell
The couch was old
The kitchen was uninviting and worn
The bathroom towels were flat as a pancake and didn't feel fresh
The Noise is intolerable
If it's not the main road it's the tenants in the apartment banging all night, it feels like someone has a drum kit upstairs - similar issues with any serviced apartment really
The tap water was always warm, no bottled water on offer and the wireless internet in charged at 5 pounds per hour which I didn't bother with even though I needed it for work
Won't be staying again
Reduce your parking rates
Stop charging for internet
Get new towels
Give the place a freshen up, you charge enough for nightly rates

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Biggie81
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.
I am sorry that you felt you had to highlight these issues and reassure you that we do take customer feedback on board and address the issues raised.
Unfortunately being in a city centre we can do little about the road noise and our on-site parking rates are comparative with any local car parks.
Trivandrum
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Premier apartments Nottingham is very nice service appartment for a holiday/ offical stay. Attached with all necessary things in for a short term period. I lanaded on a sunday late evening and room access card for me was kept in a locker, receiption was working till late afternoon only. to get the key i need to enter the lobby, it was locked and need access key to let me in. there was an emergency number to call with, but it took me 30 min standing on the road with my tavel bags. after 30 mins only i could connect in and get the access card. but still i enjoyed the stay. only problem i felt is cleaning is done once in a week only.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that it took you long time to get in touch with the emergency number, please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. I am glad that you felt comfortable in our apartment and I am looking forward to welcome you here again.
Mariya Atanasova
England
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here while visiting Nottingham for a girls shopping weekend - this is a fab location for all shops, bars etc
The staff were all friendly and very helpful in advising us on where to find the best places to shop, eat and visit.
The Apartment was lovely, really spacious and very clean - it was nice to have 2 bathrooms as when 4 girls are getting ready it can take time!
The Kitchen was really well equipped and the secure on site parking was a bonus - We will def be back when we are next in Nottingham.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that the apartment and the service you received were satisfactory. I will pass all your lovely comments to the staff that made sure that your stay was comfortable and memorable and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Eindhoven
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Arrived here on a last minute making it very cheap for the offered apartment. The apartment consisted of a large bedroom with en-suite bathroom. In the hallway was another bathroom with a tub for the other bedroom.
The living room was large and offered a fully equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer and washer/dryer.

The apartments are just on the skirts of the town centre making it easily reachable on foot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reflect on your stay at Premier Apartments Nottingham. I am pleased to hear that you had comfortable stay with us and I am hoping to welcome you at the apartments again very soon.

Mariya Atanasova
coventry
Reviewed 19 August 2013

When we arrived we was pleased with the room and it had a great view. We went out and had a lovely evening. We arrived back at the apartment and thats when the dissapointment set in. We was very disappointed with what was going on next door to us. We reported it on leaving but unfortunatly we did not even recieve an apology. I will not be staying here again,

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay and was good to hear that you liked you apartment . I should like to apologise for the disturbance caused by other guests in the building and assure you that we do not tolerate excessive noise in the apartments and deal with these matters appropriately when reported .