“Excellent value, really helpful staff and gives freedom and space”

Premier Suites Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Really lovely apartments, helpful staff, centrally located, good value for money, spacious and comfortable. This was our fifth stay and we generally don't bother with anywhere else when we stay in Nottingham

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the positive review. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Mariya Lindsay

There are newer reviews for Premier Suites Nottingham

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We were attending the Andre Rieu Concert at the Captial FM Arena in Nottingham, and did not want to drive 50+ miles home after the Concert in the dark, so we thought we would make the event that little be extra special by staying overnight in Nottingham. My elderly mother was with us, and therefore we did not want to have to be too far away from the Arena due to her age and mobility issues.

My sister found these Apartments online and booked a two bedroom apartment for one night. She requested, when booking, if it would be possible to let us stay in an apartment with a bit of a view. Well, to our surprise, on our arrival we were upgraded to a Penthouse Apartment on the top (8th) floor.

The Reception area on the ground floor is a little bit cramped, but very clean, brigjht and considering its size - airy. But it was the greeting upon our own arrival and check in by the very polite, kind, and caring Reception lady. I'm sorry, I did not make a not of her name, but we arrived around 3pm on the 20th December, so hopefully there will be records somewhere of who she was so that our grateful thanks can be passed onto her, She showed us how to use the door entry system as wll as spending some time explaining other matters to us.

There is a very fast lift to the upper floors and we were soon inside our apartment where we all broke down in tears, Not because we were dissapointed, quote the opposite, we were astounded at what we had just walked into. It was like something you only see on the television and in the movies. The apartment was very large, extremely spacious, very bright and airy and very clean. There was everything you could possibly wish for for a one night, or maybe slightly longer stay - even a washing machine in the well equipped kitchen area,

We were in apartment 51, and the views from the huge balcony were stunning. My sister requested a room with a view and biy did we get that view!! Thank you so much for seeing to our request, as I cannit tell you how much this meant to us. We lost our dear father last year, and dad just loved Andre Rieu and this trip was in memory of my late father, and thanks to all concerned at Premier Apartments Serviced Apartments, this trip was made all the more special. It has been two days I will never forget.

The apartment had two double bedrooms, one with en suite facilities, and towels are provided. The only minor criticism really, is that the small radiator in the living room area is too small really for the size of the room, and would be better located in the area set aside for relaxing, and not in the area set aside for dining. This is far from being a complaint, so please do not take it as such, but with the very strong winds we had that night, and being so high up, we did need to make use of the heating.

There is a secured underground car park, which meant that I could park the car safely without worrying about it whilst at the Concert. Yes, it is £14 for the day, but that works out at just under £1,00 per hour if my maths are correct. But £14 for peace of mind is a small price to pay, so I cannot understand why some reviewers have complained about this cost. It is an underground car park, right in the centre of the Citry, well almost, and right next door to the Arena,

There is also 24 hour security with a security guard on duty all night long.

I can safely say that although this was our first visit to these apartments, it will most definately not be our last. Thank you to all the staff that were so kind and helpful, this included the south african receptionist on duty when we checked out. I'm not sure who my sister spoke with on the telephone, but to all the staff at Premier Apartments Serviced Apartments, thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts for making a special day for us, VERY special - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Premier Apartments Nottingham. I am pleased to hear that the front office staff looked after you and that you had a great stay. I hope to welcome you again at the apartments in the future.
Mariya Lindsay

Reviewed 23 October 2013

These apartments are pretty big and in my experience, not hugely over-used so you quite often get given an even larger one than you actually booked.

The décor is nice but can be knocked about a bit and look a little tired - bear in mind that some apartments have been rented long term for use during the day so they can get a bit of wear and tear.
The rooms are very large and the 2 bedroom ones have an en-suite which is nice if you stay with other people.
The kitchen is easily big enough for cooking a full-on family dinner and it comes with a washer/dryer and a full size oven - I suppose the apartments aren't really aimed at the likes of me i.e. mid-week business traveller but it's really nice to be able to make yourself a cup of tea and some toast in the morning.

The corridors in the building don't get much ventilation so you can get some rather strong smells that linger for days if someone has brought home a curry, but I can't say I noticed it getting through my front door.

One thing that is excellent is the customer service - the people on the door are extremely pleasant and helpful when I checked in.

Worth remembering that it isn't a hotel and that the apartment/towels/sheets will only get cleaned once a week so don't get too lively with the towels.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to park the car - the charges at the hotel are a rip-off
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nadgetastic
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay at the apartments. I am glad to hear that all in all you had a comfortable stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that the front office staff provided you with excellent customer service and I will make sure that they get your compliments. I hope you will stay at Premier Apartments Nottingham again very soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Had to spend 3 nights away alone on business. Did not want a table for one in a hotel restaurant, neither did I want to stand out on the street to have a cigarette on my own.
Booked a one bed apartment with smoking preference. Unfortunately none were available when I checked in but the staff gave me a non smoking room with huge balcony on 1st floor. I smoke outside at home so this was fine for me! Yes the road is busy and noisy with the doors open, and my room was by the lift, but it really was not a problem for me. Felt safe and comfy, home from home. Would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Premier Apartments Nottingham. I am glad to hear that the front office staff made you feel welcome and you had a comfortable stay with us. I am looking forward to welcome you at the apartments again very soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed her a few years ago and raved about the place, so I managed to book in for my recent visit
I stayed in a one bed apartment
The location is pretty central close to lace walks
It's a bit cumbersome at check in as you have to stop on a main road and get the code for the car park before you can get in, the parking is a rip off 14 pounds per day
Inside the block is getting tired and is in need of refurbishment
My room had a stale smell
The couch was old
The kitchen was uninviting and worn
The bathroom towels were flat as a pancake and didn't feel fresh
The Noise is intolerable
If it's not the main road it's the tenants in the apartment banging all night, it feels like someone has a drum kit upstairs - similar issues with any serviced apartment really
The tap water was always warm, no bottled water on offer and the wireless internet in charged at 5 pounds per hour which I didn't bother with even though I needed it for work
Won't be staying again
Reduce your parking rates
Stop charging for internet
Get new towels
Give the place a freshen up, you charge enough for nightly rates

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Biggie81
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay.
I am sorry that you felt you had to highlight these issues and reassure you that we do take customer feedback on board and address the issues raised.
Unfortunately being in a city centre we can do little about the road noise and our on-site parking rates are comparative with any local car parks.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Premier apartments Nottingham is very nice service appartment for a holiday/ offical stay. Attached with all necessary things in for a short term period. I lanaded on a sunday late evening and room access card for me was kept in a locker, receiption was working till late afternoon only. to get the key i need to enter the lobby, it was locked and need access key to let me in. there was an emergency number to call with, but it took me 30 min standing on the road with my tavel bags. after 30 mins only i could connect in and get the access card. but still i enjoyed the stay. only problem i felt is cleaning is done once in a week only.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that it took you long time to get in touch with the emergency number, please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. I am glad that you felt comfortable in our apartment and I am looking forward to welcome you here again.
Mariya Atanasova

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here while visiting Nottingham for a girls shopping weekend - this is a fab location for all shops, bars etc
The staff were all friendly and very helpful in advising us on where to find the best places to shop, eat and visit.
The Apartment was lovely, really spacious and very clean - it was nice to have 2 bathrooms as when 4 girls are getting ready it can take time!
The Kitchen was really well equipped and the secure on site parking was a bonus - We will def be back when we are next in Nottingham.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Mariya A, General Manager at Premier Suites Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear that the apartment and the service you received were satisfactory. I will pass all your lovely comments to the staff that made sure that your stay was comfortable and memorable and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.