“Great place in Nottingham”

Park Plaza Nottingham
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great place in Nottingham”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Park Plaza. It was central to all things. Wasy to get to my office, easy to see the sights and close to many pubs! The people were super nice and the amenities were great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
I am pleased to hear that you that you enjoyed your stay in the Hotel and enjoyed its location. Its great to here you found the team to be friendly and that you will be staying with us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

park plaza is in a great location just a five minute walk and you are in the centre of the city full of shops, bars and places to eat and drink! The hotel itself is modern, clean welcoming and the staff are so helpful and approachable. You get reduced parking in the ncp across the road. Rooms are spacious and have all your needs, tea making facilities a stocked fridge tv ,wifi, clean towels and bathroom and comfortable bed. Could not fault this hotel and breakfast was very good with ample choice. If I had to pick fault it would be that there was no toilet brush!! enjoyed our stay there immensely and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
It was pleasing to read your review of our Hotel and to know that you enjoyed our faculties. It is also nice to share your kind words about the team where you found them to be helpful and approachable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon
Hertfordshire, England
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed for one night, and have to say I was disappointed. Lady at reception spoke so quickly and with such a strong accent, we had to ask her to keep repeating everything. Room was small although bathroom was nice. Out look from room on floor 6 was of a building site! Bed was comfortable but just felt whole look of the hotel was a bit shabby. Hall carpets were dirty and furniture in our room was marked and a bit scuffed. I would say the room was clean, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer than a night. Breakfast was good, but not outstanding and again felt the restaurant needed a bit of t.l.c. I do feel this hotel is trying very hard to be modern and chic, but the standard isn't quite there. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, as I feel in Nottingham there are better hotels which offer better value for money.

2 Thank superbabe381
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay and our Hotel did not live up to your expectations in terms of product we are awaiting for our capital plan to be approved and we hope to be able to rectify the concerns you raised in your review.
I do hope that you felt our service was a positive experience and we hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We used this hotel for a business meeting as our usual hotel was booked up and this is the other option for our client. As a couple travelling for business and both working, we sometimes book a suite to give us both space to work at the same time. We were allocated a large suite which did indeed give us plenty of space, but sadly not great space.
The bathroom door did not close due to the handle being broken. There was both a bath and a shower - great - but no properly hot water in either on any day of our stay. A separate "extra" loo was nice - but it should have a handbasin too.
The heating was strange - we did manage to get the two rooms warm - but it was a noisy process! And we never got the bathroom warm, which coupled with the lukewarm water was not a joy.
The sofas in the second room were pretty solid - we both jolted as we sat down first time. I think they would pull out to make sofabeds in a family room - which would probably work very well (we've travelled a lot with kids) - but to sit on as sofas were fairly dire.
We paid for a package with internet and "treats" - and yes, it was nice to have some wine and nibbles, but I'd rather have had hot water!
It was also fairly noisy at night unfortunately, although it was nice to be able to open the windows if we had needed to, one would not have left them open unless a very sound sleeper! The room was also near the lifts, which I had been concerned about, but that didn't seem to be too bad.
Breakfast was OK - standard for this type of hotel.
So all in all, I won't be transferring from our usual hotel - sorry.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your review.
I am very sorry to hear your review of our Hotel; I will certainly be looking into the review with our team and actioning these points appropriately.
Should you wish to discuss your review further then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Nottingham hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Firstly let me state I am not a picky reviewer, I have happily stayed in all sorts of hotels and B&Bs at various prices.
I stayed with the Park Plaza six years ago and found it to be rather pleasent, I booked directly and feel this may make a difference.

I booked this stay via booking.com, unfortunately I had a bereavement, and booking.com I booked it on a Sunday Morning and the bereavement happened literally within 30 mins after, I wanted to let the hotel know asap and I have to say when I explained the situation to the booking.com advisor they were very helpful and attempted to negotiate an alternative date or a refund Firstly there reservations manager wasn't working that day so the time element was lost, and the booking.com advisor would have to wait until Monday to speak to someone who was capable of handling the booking.

As promised he tried and I got an email on Monday saying despite several attempts Park Plaza refused any refunds or amendments, I emailed park plaza directly and was told because I ticked a box theres nothing I could do. Then the money was taken directly from my account anyway so that was the end of that.

I arrived the reception the staff were welcoming, though there was a queue.
The room was a little cramped and extremely stuffy, the aircon only blew warm air so we were forced to open the windows. The bed was very comfortable and an a chiller and wine glasses were provided which is a handy idea and the ice machines provided a nice touch.

Earplugs were provided but that did not drown out the noise of the drunks outside or the lift going up and down all night long, even when we shut the windows the noise was awful. we both got 2 hours sleep the room was literally above the drunken alley full of fights.

The Breakfast option was £15.50 for a continental which I feel is a bit steep, particularly when the competition in the local area is so good, we just headed out.The restaurant was Latin which didn't really appeal. Wifi is provided but you have to yet again ring for a code, it would be better if the code is provided in your room.

I was disappointed with our stay before and after our arrival mostly due to the location of the room,

Room Tip: Stay at the Brittania ! If you HAVE to stay hear make sure you are NOT near the alley ! you will be...
1 Thank itsjojustjo
I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing stay at Park Plaza Nottingham I understand you have been in touch with our Reservations department. We have many flexible options to book rooms at our Hotel and unfortunately we were unable to or change your booking due to the terms and conditions you agreed.
I am pleased to hear that you were able to stay with us in the end and found the Reception team to be friendly it’s also nice to hear you found the beds to be comfortable you liked the ease of getting your own Ice from the machine nearby.
I do hope that you will stay with us again and that you choose to dine in our award winning and Rosette Restaurant. I have added to your booking that you require a room on the opposite side of the building.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Loved this hotel, amazing large spacious room with king size bed where I wouldn't have touched the other guest lol it was that big!
Bathroom absolutely massive,only downside is the frosted door which is a little see through,so not really private!
We got a high floor room so less noisy. Breakfast was included,we paid £85 for an upgraded room with breakfast and breakfast was awesome,lots of choice.
Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Upgrade your room...worth it for the extra space and king size bed
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear that you liked our Hotel and you took advantage to upgrade your room too and receive the extra benefits.
It’s great to know that you enjoyed the variety at Breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Sunday 12th November as we were going to Rock City to see Gary Numan in concert. First impressions are good and the reception staff are very efficient, the receptionist found my booking from lastminute.com in a few seconds as they had not forwarded the booking to the Park Plaza.
We had a superior room on the 3rd floor, the windows overlooked the main dual carriageway outside. Yes, there was some road noise but it wasn't a problem, and the ear plugs supplied in the room were not needed. The room was spacious, clean and well laid out. Good king sized bed, plenty of power sockets, iron and ironing board and a mini bar. Wifi was available in the room but I didn't need it.
The breakfast in the Chino Latino restaurant was very good, the range of hot food was superb - the sausages were excellent.There was a selection of pastries, fruit, cold meats and juices. They also have a decent toaster as well.
We got a discount on the parking as we had parked in the St James Street car park, so parking for 24hrs was £9.00. For a one night stay in Nottingham this hotel was ideal, I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: If road noise is a problem, then ask for room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the front desk team to be efficient in dealing with your Reservations via Lastminute.com. Thank you for your great comments about our Breakfast I will share your comments with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.