“A lovely stay in a central location.”

Park Plaza Nottingham
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed for one night last week. Great check in .Room nice,big and well furnished but bathroom a bit dated. Nice elemis toiletries. We did not eat in hotel but menu looked good.All the sftaff were very friendly but professional.
Everwhere very clean.
As mentioned in another review we had a room at the front of the hotel and if it were not for the earplugs supplied I would not have been able to sleep- very noisy. The room had only net curtains so was woken really early because of no curtains.
I would stop again but would ask for one of the triple glazed rooms( mentioned in a recent review).

Room Tip: Ask for a room not at front of hotel unless you area a very heavy sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and found the team to be friendly and professional. We do have black out curtains in all of our rooms and they are located to the back to the net curtains. They do eliminate some of the noise however we are working towards getting all of our rooms triple glazed as part of our capital investment plan.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here as a group on a girl's weekend away. First impressions were good with an easy check in and helpful staff.
Rooms clean and the bathroom was lovely and spacious. Bed was comfortable too. My only complaint with the room was the warmth as the aircon only cooled it a little bit. The hotel is in a really busy part of Nottingham, perfect for our needs (we had a night out planned and it was great to be so central), but you must expect a little noise from outside. Ask for a room facing the back as this is what we had and we didn't notice any noise - others facing the front found it a little loud.
Breakfast was delicious with loads of options and it was easy to park. Would stay here again for a convenient base for a weekend in Notts.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us and found the location of our Hotel to be convenient.
It’s great to hear you will be staying with us again when you next come to Nottingham

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Liked the free wifi. Location is central with lots of good restaurants in the neighbourhood. Bed is comfortable, and with air conditioning on, I had no problem with noise and was bemused by the ear plugs in the bathroom. A common issue in the UK- some more power points would be good, particularly one near the bed. Breakfast was fine, if a bit standard. Staff pleasant and efficient.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It’s good to know that you enjoyed the facilities and you had a comfortable stay. I will share your kind comments with the team about their service
We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on a business trip and I for put in one of their newly refurbished rooms. Very good.

Whilst I am no interior designer I liked the style of the room although it is quite dark. I wasn't sure about the mix of laminate floor and carpet but not a huge issue.

The room has all the things you'd expect TV, iron, mini bar (as expensive as always! Who pays £2.50 for a tiny can of coke?!?) There a Tesco express across the road if you want a more reasonably prices drink and/or KitKat.

There is a nice TV and there are HDMI sockets so you can plug in your own devices etc. On the negative aids despite all the kit there is a distinct lack of TV channels and a clunky old on screen system. You also have to get a code for wifi in your room which these days just seems so old school!

The room I was in has had triple glazing put in and upon comparing with a colleague in an older room this seems to make a big difference! It is quite a noisy area by all accounts. You get free earplugs!

It is walkable to the hotel from the train station and there are loads of places to eat nearby. The hotel has it's own restaurant if you don't want to go to far afield and the menu looked okay. We had the breakfast which was very good.

I'd stay here again (in a new room!)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying in one of our newly refurbished rooms. I am pleased to know that you liked the option of the updated technology. It is imminent that our TV’s will be updated with many more channels to enjoy in the comfort of your room.
We look forward to having you stay with us again

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent hotel for a stay for any reason. I stayed when in Nottingham for a concert because it was easier not to drive home late. I have stayed in this hotel on previous occasions and have always been impressed with the facilities and the staff. Good value for money. Excellent breakfast. I had also used this hotel on a work basis and the conference facilities are excellent. A nice area and close to all Nottingham has to offer.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank moglentours
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and it’s great to know that you continue to use our hotel for both Business and pleasure. I will share your review with the team.
We look forward to you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

An excellent hotel for a city break in Nottingham. Good facilities. Excellent staff. Good value for money. Handy for all Nottingham has to offer. Close to the castle and slab square.a good view from high windows of the city. A nice stay all in all.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank moglentours
RachelT T, Owner at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear the Hotel suited your every need.
Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was clean,tidy and I was looking forward to a good nights sleep. The room was on the 7th floor and I felt, along with other colleagues that the noise levels were unacceptable. There is a alley next to the hotel with nightclubs and bars that do not shut until the sun rises. Every voice could be heard and it felt like it was in your room. I found ear plugs in the bathroom and now I know why.
We had a fire alarm go off at 01.53 and all had to make our way to the lobby, there was no fire drill to be seen and no one was trying to identify room occupants so that the fire brigade could be advised as to who was definately not in their room. Shambles and thank heavens it was a false alarm.
Breakfast was amazing, but at £15.00 it had to be !

Room Tip: Try another hotel in the area for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I apologise for the concerns you shared about yours stay with us.

Following the fire alarm activation, a break glass point was maliciously smashed by a guest in the Hotel which caused our fire alarm system to sound as it should have done.
I am sorry for the 45 minutes you’re out of your room and I am sure you can understand the team did the best they could in order to get you back to your rooms as quickly as possible. The safety and security of our guests is of paramount concern to us and I can assure you that our procedures will be reviewed accordingly in light of your feedback; I can assure you that we take any comments very seriously.
I do hope that you will continue to visit our hotels again in the future.