“Brilliant :-)”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Melton Mowbray
“Brilliant :-)”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed on the 9th floor for one night (Saturday) in executive room. Champagne and flowers, the whole stay was lovely, great location in Central Nottingham and got a good nights sleep too. Lovely bathroom with elemis toiletries! Would definitely stay here again. Thanks for a pleasant visit!!

• Stayed June 2014
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
I am delighted to have read your review thank you for your kind words and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned after a one night stay. Hotel is clean throughout. Didn't try the food so couldn't comment on that side. There was a prom party in that night so expected quite a bit of noise but I heard nothing at all. We were not on the front of the building so had no problem with road noise. The hotel is just around the corner from a busy street full of pubs and that was really noisy as we passed through on our way back but only heard anything when I opened the bathroom window. When the window was closed I heard nothing. Found the door situation to our room a little strange but not a problem (a lockable outer door leading to two rooms with there own doors / locks rooms 416 and 417). Air conditioning unit I found a little noisy but we didn't use it and was ok

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that you have a lovely stay with us..
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.
Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Our children arranged for my wife and me to see Elton John in Nottingham and also arranged for us to stay at this hotel. During check-in, I enquired if breakfast was included and told it wasn't and that it would be £15 per person - quite a lot I thought! The receptionist then mentioned a special offer of £25 which include our breakfast along with 2 bottles of wine, chocolates, fruit and nibbles in the room - a bargain I thought.
The goodies arrived in the room and they were excellent quality wine and chocs. In the morning the choice of breakfast was absolutely superb. I could ask for anything and they'd make it! Having filled our bellies, on leaving we were asked if we had a long journey and were promptly given a re-sealable tray each and go and fill the trays with anything we wished for our journey. We were gobsmacked. What excellent service.
The room was spotlessly clean as was all the other areas of the hotel.
Every single member of staff were polite, efficient and extremely friendly.
The only down side of staying here is that (like many city centre hotels) there was no on site parking. There was a NCP car park directly opposite which the hotel apparently has a deal with. We actually parked very easily in another small car park just around the corner which meant that we didn't have to cross the busy road.
I will certainly stay at this hotel in the future - even if it were only for the magnificent breakfast and superb staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor which would normally be a problem with long delays for a lift. Not here...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am delighted to have read your review and I will certainly be sharing this with the team.
We pleased to share with you that we will be acquiring our own Car park in the autumn which will be a great enhancement to the Hotel.
We look forward to taking care of your stay when you are next in Nottingham.
Staffordshire
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My partner and I visited Nottingham for a night out away from home, and chose the Park Plaza because it seemed like it was in the middle of everything

We asked for a high room away from the main road, and were given a room on the 7th floor facing away from Maid Marian Way, so the hotel fulfilled our request.

The staff at check in and check out were friendly and efficient.

The hotel provided ear plugs and to be honest even though we thought we were away from the worst of the noise (noise which we were expecting given the location) we still heard clubs and bars' thumping music and cars roaring up and down the road at 2am. Luckily we'd been out all day and evening so we were tired and went to sleep eventually. Maybe the top floor (9th) may have been even better?

Bed was large enough and comfortable, room was clean and a good size for one night for two people, so we were quite happy with the room itself.

We didn't try the breakfast - at £15.50 a person we considered this a bit pricey when there were other places really close by where you got a choice other than a full fry up, and for a fraction of that cost. Anything other than the full English incurred a supplement on top of that price according to the card in the room. That could be a pricey bowl of porridge!!!

If anyone wanted to stay directly in the middle of the town, and were okay with some noise if they stopped at the weekend, we'd recommend this hotel. I'd imagine it's quieter in the week though.

Room Tip: At the weekend, ask for a high room away from the main road (Maid Marian Way) and the bars and clubs...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the location of the hotel to be convenient and our rooms to be spacious and comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you next visit Nottingham
Scotland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I thought a hotel in the centre would be good, it was not, when I checked in they told me I had a free upgrade to a king room as I had booked on line, I subsequently found they charged my card £11.00 for the upgrade,thats why I wont be back.

I was booked for 2 night but after my first night , which included a poor meal and a fight to get a table for breakfast, I cut my loses and moved on.

As a side note they give you free earplugs, first hotel that I have been too that does that, I soon found out why, road noise all night and its loud, overall not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

I am sorry to have read your review to find that you left the hotel unhappy.
Please feel free to contact me so I can resolve the billing query you have. £11.00 is not a charge for the upgrade but I will need more information to rectify your concern.

I look forward to you getting in touch.

Ossett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The room was cosy. Plenty of room a single user, although it was a double room!

Staff were spot on; courteous and helpful.

Facilities were clean, tidy and the room was spotlessly restocked daily.

Luckily I had no cause to use the ear defenders supplied but I am a ridiculously heavy sleeper. Not so sure everyone else would be able to ignore the nightlife on the doorstep but what do you expect from a city centre hotel.

I would have no problem recommending this as a decent overnighter, nothing too fancy, close to all the citylife and there's affordable parking a stone's throw away.

Room Tip: If there's two of you make sure the room is big enough ie wardrobe space for one thing. You migh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us I am pleased that you found the team to be friendly and you will be happy to recommend us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again
South Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Attending a conference so not hotel of choice. Easy to find but as centrally located no parking. Quick, easy and friendly check in. Room perfectly adequate for five night stay but for a double would struggle for storage for a couple. TV and bathroom fine. Iron and ironing board provided but iron didn't work, neither did the second but the third was brand new. Breakfast plentiful and tasty but didn't eat in the restaurant, bar adequate. Noisy area but apart from double glazing and ear plugs provided difficult to remedy. Check out just as quick, easy and friendly. Staff helpful and courteous so pleasant enough stay - thanks.

1 Thank 7276gb
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and found the staff to be friendly. I am sorry for the concerns you shared about the iron not working I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again.
We hope to have you stay with us again