“Adequate for business ”

Park Plaza Nottingham
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced and central, rooms were slightly dated and furniture tired/ carpet had been replaced in odd areas.
Parking tricky, nothing on site. Ncp over the road is a bit of a pain for those who don't like wasting time.
Breakfast good and included in rate.
Clean however and staff very friendly, big thanks to the dark haired lady who kindly gave me a suit carrier on my departure.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

I am pleased to share with you that the hotel will be acquiring our own Car park on the 8th September and the access will be directly into the Hotel.
We trust you will be staying with us again and will have the option to use this enhanced facility.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,014)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night just before my sons wedding. We couldn't fault anything during our stay and would certainly recommend this hotel without any hesitation. I've read some comments about noise being an issue for some people, but it is a city centre hotel and ambient noise will always be problematic to some people. The double glazed windows help to keep the noise out and my room, as do all the others I believe, had an excellent air con set-up.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Thank you for your kind review with us. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and I will be sharing your review with the team.
I trust you had a great day at your Son’s wedding. We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed recently while in Nottingham on business, nice hotel but seemed a bit random at times, the reception / check in desk was dark and strange set over to the side and the service was a little abrupt but got checked in and went up to the room, on first impressions the room was great with a large scenic window on the 8th floor however later I discovered the noise from the lift it reminded me of the underground in London - Visitor tip number 1 ask for a room away from the lift. Down to the bar friendly staff and the Japanese Beer was very nice, I had great fun hearing customers say thanks then on occasions to them hear them complain when walking away from the bar about the prices, £2.50 for a small Coke, £5.20 for a small class of wine, the barman did accidentally overcharge a group of lady’s at the bar and quickly refunded the over charge , they were not very pleased, funny I paid for my first pint then had another 2 and was about to be charge for 3 in total after paying for the first 1, Visitor tip number 2 watch what your being charged at the bar, the food Pan-Asian cuisine restaurant with a Latin cocktail bar ? not sure who thought this up but is sort of works, had chicken wings to start and they were very nice, the main course of fillet of beef rice noodles sauce’s was also very nice just didn’t understand the hard fried noddle basket just seemed to be there for show. Did sleep fine was very tired , breakfast I must say the selection was brilliant lots and lots of everything could not be faulted apart from the random staff standing about felt like every move was being observed and one guy in particular had zero customer service understanding I also collided with him on a few occasions as he walked around not doing very much at one point I counted 6 staff standing getting in the way more than doing anything, staff should serve and not be seen standing about chatting loudly.
Visitor tip 3 ask for a table away from the food area during breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention in relation to the bar and I understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause and I will ensure this is addressed with our Restaurant Manager.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our Restaurant. Chino Latino is a very popular Restaurant and has received many awards. The ethos of our Restaurant is to Love, Share and Enjoy ordering many different dishes to share. The basket for the Steak is actually made from sweet potato (Deep fried) for presentation so you can eat the basket as part of the dish.

I am pleased that you enjoyed Breakfast and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice. Very central with pleasant Staff. Room could do with a bit of TLC and a bottle opener but we would definitely stay there again. Asthmatics watch out for the feather pillows. Parking is easy enough. Downstairs bar was friendly and cosy

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team took great care of you.
We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed here for a week with a friend Room: airy and spacious with very comfortable beds. Breakfast: delicious, especially the fresh fruit. Staff: friendly and welcoming, after the first day they remembered our preferences for drinks at breakfast. Hotel in good location for city center bus and train stations.
Only downsides were the rather weird lights in the lift and that the hotel is located on a very busy road so you get rather a lot of traffic noise at night. This however did not spoil our stay as the traffic is something you can get used to and the hotel does provide ear plugs should you need them.
On the whole a very enjoyable stay, I would go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your stay with us I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you will be staying with us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with friends at the end of July :) on the whole pleasurable stay after we were relocated !! First receptionist have us a small room so we questioned and was given a much better room!! No quibble x breakfast was overpriced and smoking right outside main entrance needs to be addressed. Other than that great stay x

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review I am pleased to see you had a great stay with us.
We take on board your comments and look forward to you stay with us again

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for a hen do. Fab location,really lovely room, shower was amazing, great bar, great breaky! Perfect for your stay in Nottingham. Car park was a bit tricky to find. Over the road but found it eventually.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful feedback I am pleased to hear you had a great Hen weekend and found the Hotel a perfect place to stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again.