“Chaotic breakfast” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Belper, England, United Kingdom
“Chaotic breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Good location, perfect for shopping and enjoying a lively night out at Nottingham. Room very clean good quality bedding and excellent comfort and bathroom. However breakfast was expensive and very busy, we felt rushed, tea arrived too late, no sausages and cramped tables. Good choice if it had been fully stocked.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RachelT T, Manager at Park Plaza Nottingham, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
I appreciate your feedback regarding our Breakfast and regret to hear that it did not meet our usual high standards. I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager to address with the team how they can conduct the Buffet more efficiently at busy times.
We do hope that you will stay with us again with the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

5 minutes walk from Market Square and restaurants/bars. Modern exterior and helpful and polite staff. Room was on the 9th floor and very quiet even though the hotel is on a main road. Bed was comfy and there was ironing board, iron, tea making facilities and toiletries. Breakfast was really good,cooked breakfast, cereals, pastries and fruits. One of Nottingham's better hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be quieter
Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hayley S
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. It’s nice to hear feedback especially when a competitor is mentioned. I will share your review with the team to show they are doing a great job.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a very pleasant stay, good sizes twin room, clean with good power shower. The reason I have not given it 5* is because I do believe there could be improvements with the breakfast, in particular the quality of the sausages. However, if you are fortunate enough to be welcomed by Janet for breakfast you are assured of outstanding customer service, especially if she sees you have a physical disability.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the city.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor. It’s great to know that you had a very pleasant experience with us. I will share your feedback with Janet and ensure she is rewarded for a job well done.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again in the not too distant future

Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

The staff were very efficient and helpful. The hotel nice, big room. The breakfast was excellent.
The hotel had a modern feel. Although next to busy road it was quiet. It had air con. I'd use again. Top marks!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write on Trip advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and I will share your comments with the team.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent a weekend in Nottingham as my sister was attending a conference at the University. Our friend who lives locally recommend the hotel and I booked it online for a very reasonable price. The hotel was very central to restaurants, bars, Castle and Uni. The staff were helpful and friendly. We would just recommend the beds to be a bit firmer! We had a good stay though.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience at the Hotel and found the team to be helpful and friendly.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Park Plaza in Nottingham on a surprise birthday treat for my boyfriends birthday, visiting the Glee Comedy Club. The hotel staff were professional and friendly and our stay overall was lovely. The room we stayed in was on the older part of the hotel, it was large and clean but could do with a little TLC. We stayed in an executive Kingroom so I can't imagine we would of been happy with a standard double. The breakfast was amazing, lots of variety and a taste fry up with hashbrowns!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Thank you for sharing your kind review about your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and you had a great Breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

So first up I booked an 'Executive King room' - so I'd expect a King sized bed! Nope - I got two singles pushed/zipped together and made up as one bed. Now I wouldn't buy that at home as it's not as comfortable as a proper double bed so why should I be less comfortable whilst at a hotel. Hoteliers - I know this gives you more flexibility but PLEASE - if I order a 'king bed' I want a proper King bed! Think about your customers comfort before your convenience and flexibility!

Then the quality of the bed... I was in room 1008 and the bed had a small, but noticeable sag in it, that made for an uncomfortable, sore back night with various restless patches as I tried to find a comfy position. Also the pillow were huge square things which actually made sleeping on them a big awkward - I've no idea why they have square pillows but it didn't work for me.

So all in all a bit of an uncomfortable, tiring night. The one substantial offsetting factor was that the room was just under £70 for the night (inc breakfast) so it was pretty cheap. Unfortunately I don't care how little I paid if I couldn't get a good night sleep... Hence the rating.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tott123
I am sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.