“Okay, not somewhere I'd go back to”
Review of L'asie - CLOSED

L'asie
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Food was just okay. Used a Groupon voucher so it wasn't a bad deal, but wouldn't pay normal prices as the food wasn't good enough to warrant the cost, and there are better places for the money

1  Thank Angry_13

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Food, staff, cocktails all just WOW!!! don't need to day anymore (but tripadvisor are making me) It is amazing on every level!!

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Bought with a groupon deal but made to feel a million dollars. This was without doubt the best eating experience of my life. Cocktails were spectacular, food was dreamy - best sushi I have ever tasted. The beef was melt in the mouth I cannot recommend this enough - exquisite.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

The meal we had last night has inspired me to make the effort to write my first ever review! The decor is the first impression- beautiful chinese silk wall covering, low lighting, raise seating & red velvet bolster cushions. Then the champagne cocktails- a bit expensive but a wonderful treat. Then the food- absolutely superb! Soft crab, tofu, seafood, steak- all looked fantastic and the sauces they were in were so delicious. We did not need dessert but had already ordered it so had a taste- also very good but could not finish. The waitress was lovely- a very special evening out.
Maggie M

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We visited L'asie on a Monday evening in April. We was greeting by a very friendly waitress who took us through to the restaurant. The decor was black, red and gold and the restaurant was lit by candles (very romantic).

We had a champagne cocktail to start which was lovely, I ordered the soft shell crab to start and the sea bream with coconut rice for main, my husband ordered the chicken gyoza to start and the lamb cutlets for main.

The food was amazing, this is easily one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. We ordered a bottle of Proseco but they were out of stock so they gave us a bottle of champagne (which cost almost twice as much) but charged us the same price.

The atmosphere was brilliant, soft jazz playing in the background and the waitress was lovely and attentive without being intrusive, floating in and out as needed

I highly recommend L'asie and will certainly be going back