“a cordial welcome”
Review of Lindum House

Lindum House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Lindum House
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My wife and I spent a week at the Lindum House in June of this year.The delightful atmosphere and attention received from the proprietor,Mr Mchugh,made our stay a pleasure I should add that this was our first trip to Nottingham and the BandB made for a joyful stay..
Daniel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2011

A guest house that's a bit different and individual. An excellent Victorian building that's only a few minutes from the town centre. The room was very comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2011

The house is lovely, really unusual - and the location is great. It was handy to have off street parking - though we were wary of opening the gates to get to the car, just in case the dogs were outside (see below).
We stayed in the apartment - one bedroom, bathroom with electric shower over, and kitchen.
The continental breakfast was clearly specified on the website - but wasn't quite what we expected. Yoghurts taken out of the freezer - likewise croissants (at least I assume they had been frozen, as the use by date had passed), milk (still frozen) and a loaf of bread (cheap white stuff) - not very appetising, and certainly didn't feel as though any effort had been made. So we went out for breakfast on the first morning, and then bought our own supplies thereafter.
The bedding was old looking - and so were the towels. Neither felt particularly clean.
There were two german shepherd dogs that barked every time we moved in / out. We both like 'proper' dogs, but even we found these two intimidating - despite the fact that they were behind closed doors / glass screen in hall.
This was such a lovely house - but it seemed to us that there were many missed opportunities to make this a really great b&b. Pity.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KandIT
Reviewed 15 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a conference in Nottingham. We were booked in for 4 nights, but after one night we had to leave. I am not a dog lover and do not appreciate aggressive snarling german shepherds that bark a my every move. They also woke me at 5.15am. The bed had dog hairs in it. The tv didn't work at all, I couldn't get a picture that was remotely viewable. When I enquired about this the owner said that the tv is due an upgrade, he's not wrong. I do love a good breakfast in the morning and was horrified that I had to pay £50 for the privilege of toasting my own bread and opening my own yogurt. I have never heard of a B&B that doesn't offer a cooked breakfast. I told the owner about my extreme dissatisfaction and he was good enough to allow us to move to a proper B&B without a charging us, which was appreciated.
Essentially Lindum house is a self catering room. We felt like we were in someone's home and not guests in a B&B. There wasn't a friendly welcome and we couldn't wait to leave.
If you love dogs and want somewhere you can hide away for a while, Lindum house is the place for you.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Guyzee
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I booked in several weeks ago as we were going to watch England V Pakistan at the cricket.
When I spoke to the owner he explained there was a cancellation policy of 24 hours before.
I contacted at 9.30 am thurs morning to cancel due to myself and partner having the flu! (we were due to arrive Fri at 10.00 pm)
I was met with the most rude and arrogant response, advising he would have to charge as he could have let the room several times over three of these calls were friends of ours that we gave his number to . i explained I was within the cancellation time and he would not have a problem reletting the room as accomodation was scarse in Nottingham. If he does charge my card I will be contacting my solicitor!
I will never ever recommend or stay here at any cost. Please beware!

Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 28 November 2008

Whilst travelling from Liverpool to visit my daughter, who is studying in London, I decided to stop off in Nottingham overnight. I found this delightful bed and breakfast on the internet and decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. The house itself was very impressive and an excellent example of unspoilt Victorian architecture. The room was very well appointed with everything provided to make my stay comfortable and I was made to feel very welcome by the landlord.

I was travelling alone so I was pleased that I was not charged a supplement (as I have been elsewhere) and for £40 I was able to park my car, stay within 10 minutes walk of a vibrant and exciting city and get a comfortable nights sleep.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Lindum House to my friends and I look forward to my next opportunity to enjoy the experience again myself.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank jimi1542
Reviewed 27 November 2008

We found very good facilities in our room with a nice view of the park across the road. Free off road parking was a real boon, as we have spent quite alot of cash on city centre parking. Trams are great, and there is a stop close by. My partner particularly liked the look of the house and our room, a very pleasent change from the same old travel lodge decor.

Owners very helpful. Even got a lift to the event I was attending! which was a pleasent surprise. Also they have a freindly german sherperd, as a cannine lover this a big plus.

Highly recommend Lindum House. Go there you will like it.

Wes and Tash

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ScotlandWest