“Probably not again”

Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Nottingham
Wiltshire, Jamaica
“Probably not again”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

the staff were very helpful both at the time of booking and my arrival when I could not find my way through the rush hour traffic in an unfamiliar city, a lovely gentleman talked me through the directions over the phone. I had everything I had asked for a quiet room (well on the quiet side of the hotel as it is a busy nightlife area) not near the lift and a booked parking space on site. All was great in the room. however, as a lone female traveller I did not like the fact that there seemed to be a large number of men staying here and when I returned to the hotel after dinner with a friend felt the need to ask the porter to escort me to my room due to the large number of leery men hanging around at one end of the corridor to my room. The porter was very kind and reassuring and possibly due to his presence the men left the corridor area and I was able to access my room without them knowing which room I had gone to. this is not the fault of the hotel but I would not stay here alone again-it very much unsettled me.

Room Tip: ask for a room on "the quiet side of the hotel and away from the lift"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews on here I requested a quiet room which they said would be fine- it wasn't. The noise from outside is unbearable- dont come here if you want a decent night's sleep.

And the food is crap.

Definitely wouldn't recommend!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dippy_amy
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Nottingham is such a vibrant City and as such weekends are often very busy, unfortunately we have no control of noise made from outside the hotel.

I have checked with the Restaurant Team and Duty Manager and there was no mention of guest feedback regarding the Restaurant. If you could contact the hotel with the issues you had and I will of course look into them.

Cheers Jeremy
Midlands, England
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Having stayed in various Ramada hotels in the past (Bristol and Swansea to name but two), we were very disappointed with our choice this time around in Nottingham. We had paid extra for the Executive Room but the room itself was much smaller than expected. No doors on the wardrobe. One dressing gown and one pair of slippers between two. The only excellent aspect was the shower room. Absolutely gorgeous and in pristine condition. Free Wi-Fi advertised and a separate code for each piece of equipment to be used - neither worked so I used my own data time. Will not be returning to Nottingham Ramada in the near future. Very disappointed. Our mood wasn't changed when we dealt with the staff on Reception - very curt when spoken to. Last but by no means least, the walls are paper thin - we heard a full conversation between the couple next door even though we had our television on. And the banging/knocking on someone's door at 6am is not our idea of a relaxing break. Sorry Ramada but in this case, could definitely do much better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Kept up half the night as it was so noisy outside. Plastic mattress protector under sheet, felt like I was sleeping on tarpaulin, was horrible and the beds were so hard. When I checkout out I informed the receptionist that we were staying in tnottingham for the rest of the day and asked how this would affect the carpark charge. He said we just had to pay the 24 hr rate of £9.50 and that would cover us. When I tried to leave the car park after our day in nottingham I had to pau another £8.50 to leave. I asked for a reason. If I knew I would be charged extra I would havr re- parked in a cheaper carpark.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Staffordshire, UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great location, can walk to everything from here. To ensure a parking space you need to book in advance. On arrival we were upgraded to the "apartment", great, two bedrooms, huge bathroom (enormous double bed) on one level, up some stairs to the sitting room and kitchen diner. What spoilt it for us was the fact that there is a nightclub across the road which rocked until the early hours, lots of noise, needs some secondary glazing to alleviate this. Got to sleep around 4am, bottles crashing into a skip three times from somewhere. Woken at 6.40am with a machine cleaning the pavement outside the nightclub/bar.

All staff we encounted were great, breakfast really good, if you book try to book a room at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't book a room at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Stayed quite a few times. Staff are pleasant and helpful, Food is good quality. Rooms are average but kept clean and presentable. One time I stayed and was kept awake most of the night as someone was crashing bottles into the bin, I spoke to reception who advised it was the restaurant next door and this was deemed as acceptable by the hotel. Since then I have requested to stay down the other side of hotel. Could offer more discounted rates on parking for hotel customers as parking is additional to room cost. This hotel is over priced for what it is 3 star.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com