“Good value hotel, great location”

Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights recently for a conference in Nottingham. The hotel is very centrally located for nightlife and shops, easy reached by tram from the railway station, or a 10 minute walk. There are pay car parking facilities nearby too.

It doesn't look like much on first approach as it's really just got an entranceway above other businesses, including a Chinese restaurant, but you never notice once you're in.

Staff at reception were helpful enough.

If the interiors are to be believed, this must have been built in the 70s, as the wooden door styles are typical of then, Rooms are fine, clean, spacious enough. Looked like my bathroom had recently been re-done.

Quiet enough at night when I was there.

Breakfast is perfectly good, buffet-style.

Very good value overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Nottingham City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Ramada Nottingham.

As you would have noticed during your stay we are currently refurbishing and up-dating many areas of the hotel including Bedrooms, Restaurant and Meeting area.

Cheers Jeremy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have only stayed here once, and perhaps I caught the front desk staff on a bad day, but they were rather 'snooty' and made me feel like anything I asked (like for the bill so I could check out) was a hardship and slightly beneath them.

Having said that, the hotel itself is lovely, nice, spacious, clean rooms, clean bathrooms, everything you would expect from a good, inner city hotel, Id stay again if the staff were nicer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hi thanks for your review of Ramada Nottingham.

The location of the hotel is fantastic and offers guests the chance to stay in the Heart of the City.

I was sorry to read about your experience with the Team and I can assure you I have spoken to the Team that was working and relayed your points to them.

We often get 5* rating for the Staff and I am sorry you did not expireience this

If you are visiting Nottingham again please contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards Jeremy

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Overall a good experience, hotel within easy reach of the city centre and its attractions. Staff friendly and attentive. The price was very economical. Would stay in a Ramada hotel again but for both my friend and myself the evening menu was too much of a pub grub menu not an hotel restaurant menu. In fact our booking included dinner but on our second night we changed it to b&b basis. On our first night there was a conference party having their meal which consisted of what I would call proper food, i.e. potatoes, vegetables, meat etc. Other than this it was a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review of Ramada Nottingham.

I will pass on your comments to the staff who were on duty over your visit.

Cheers Jeremy

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for one night, on business. I normally stay in another hotel in Notts but my company booked me into the Ramada. The outside of the hotel was a bit dull and grey. The reception was tiny, however check in was efficient and the receptionists very pleasant. My hotel room was spacious the bed was massive, but length ways. The colour of the room was off putting I hate those browny colours in rooms they remind of tobacco. The bathroom was clean and average, no nice toiletries,I hate fixed filled soap dispensers, think they are unhygienic. The tv was good and quite a lot of channels. There was tea coffee biscuits etc, nice and clean.
I ate my evening meal at the hotel. The bar/restaurant were in the conservatory it was a nice area. The bar staff were friendly and helpful. My meal consisted of three courses, starter was nice, main meal was delicious with loads of accompaniments'. I found the bed a bit hard to sleep in, ther mattress cover seemed to be a like a plastic sheet or something, plus the bed was far to big for one person, im sure someone will find this a bonus though. Breakfast the next day was nice, although the tea was horrible, think its the water, like a scum on the top not nice but I think I am used to good quality water were I live. Checkout was quick and efficient.Receptionist pleasant and polite.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Bonus due to amount of luggage we had, to have a parking bay reserved at hotel, even though £12 per day, worth it for the convenience. Reception area poor, far too small and felt full with just 3 of us checking in. with a small standing area, stairs immediately behind you to the entrance doors, its quite a challenge negotiating the short distance from the lifts right next to reception to the stairs to exit hotel when arrivals are checking in, even without their luggage! Hotel looking a little tired in places, but general areas clean and tidy. Room was of a good size, with all basic amenities. Comfortable bed, but Ramada, please don't put revolting plastic mattress protectors on the beds. These were ill fitting, came off, rolled up under you and made you far too hot. One of the nights I slept for only about 45mins!! A combination of the bed and extremely noisy air conditioning unit! I know mattresses need protecting, but invest in some decent ones!! Breakfast had good selection and tasty . The one evening meal I had was also very good. Reception,housekeeping and waitressing staff were all pleasant and helpful. The hotel is in a very good location, easy walking distance to theatres, huge choice of places to eat, shops and tram stop. An excellent Chinese buffet is just around the corner offering exceptional value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014