“Shabby not worth the £50 for one Night!!!”
Review of Commodore Hotel

Commodore Hotel
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This hotel is very dated. Rooms very basic. Noisy people coming in at 4am! Staff reasonable. Felt that what we paid was really over-priced for what we got. Breakfast minimal.

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed 16 November 2010

I was working in Nottingham and needed somewhere basic to stay - just a bed and shower. I stayed in Room 7. I did not have hot water for a shower, complained, and was told it would be fixed. The next day I tried again to have a shower, and it was too hot - I tried turning it down, but the temperature remained too hot to use !! I was woken at 2am, by noisy residents......My room was not cleaned, as hotel said there was no other key to my room, so they couldn't get in ! I originally booked for 5nights, but only stayed 2. Not the place to stay if you need a shower and sleep. The guy who worked at the hotel must have a Degree in Apologising, as that is all he seemed to do - I would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank boba123
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My friend and I booked one night at this hotel, we tried to book elsewhere but all the central hotels in Nottingham were full. When we arrived, the reception area and the guy manning it smelled strongly of cigarettes. After some shuffling with bits of paper, he informed us that there was no room for us, and that someone was supposed to book us into a room elsewhere. The hotel had neglected to inform us of this, but the man on reception assured us it was 'not his fault', he then rang the hotel manager and complained to her about this being the second time this has happened to him. Poor him! Not much by way of apology and no real effort to find us alternative accommodation when the hotel they were moving us to also turned out to be full. He did manage to phone us a taxi though, and we ended up paying £70 to get home later that evening, not to mention the money we wasted on cabs to and from this poor excuse for a hotel to the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fozzie21
Reviewed 21 November 2008

very basic hotel, owner needs to look at doing some essential repairs. i.e. window catch broken, radiator not working in some of the rooms, shower not working in the room I had. Needs acomplete make over, curtains could do with being heavier as light shines through at night at keeps one awake.
The staff were superb, very friendly and accommadating and the breakfast very good.
The restaurant is non existant, you can get a meal but it is of the microwave variety.
mostly used by workmen and travellers, not a hotel I would recommend for a holiday. But hey, it was cheap and you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Only stayed there for one night, but would definately book again - Friendly staff, rooms & beds were very comfortable (bigger than I expected) quiet room & nicely cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2008

This hotel was just right for our weekend in Nottingham

POSITIVES:
The room was very large for the two of us.
The bathroom was also roomy
The breakfast was good.
Away from any noise. Hardly heard any noise during the night
A comfy bed
A couple of minutes drive from the Indoor Bowls Centre
Tv, hairdryer etc all in A1 order
Complimentary shampoo, body wash sachets and clean white towels.
Pleasant staff

NEGATIVES:
The shower door was damaged and nearly ready to unhinge itself. Which we reported as soon as we got there, but that is the last we heard about it
There was a couple of boarded up pubs and houses in the nearby area.
Not 100% confident on the security?

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 March 2008

About 30 of us booked this hotel as a base to watch a series of non league football matches over the Easter weekend. We range in age from mid 30's to Seniors, so don't get the impression that we are either loud or alcoholic.
A well known chain states that what the average customer is looking for is a comfy bed and a decent shower. The Commodore achieves this and more. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable and the breakfasts excellent. The staff (in particular Lisa) are friendly and efficient, and yes the decor is a little tired but to be blunt if you're worrying about the decor you're spending way too much time in the hotel!!!
If you're looking for a cost effective base to explore the area I would recommend this hotel.
I cannot comment on the bar (there is one!!!) as I don't think any of us used it!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008