Premier Inn Nottingham Castle Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
P and J Hotel(Nottingham)
Hart's Hotel(Nottingham)
The Walton Hotel(Nottingham)
St James Hotel(Nottingham)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsbeefeater next doorpizza hutcity centreretail parkbeefeater restaurantcanal towpathhungry horsenottingham castlemeal dealcomfy bedgood nights sleepplenty of free parkingnight's sleepminute walkall you can eatfamily roomweekend stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Yet again Premier Inn lives up to its reputation of delivering a high standard of cleanliness, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. If you are visiting Nottingham and don't want to stay in City Centre this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Room was the normal Prem Inn high standard, spacious and clean, all very good. Went next door to eat at 7:30pm to be told that there was no bar meals, no explanation, nothing, just 'there are no bar meals'. The bartender was curt and dismissive. I then went to ask about a meal in the restaurant only to be given a 40 minute wait. I got my evening meal eventually which was ok but when you've had a busy working day, plus travel, you don't need to be hanging around just to get an evening meal. The problem with Castle Marina is that there is nowhere else local to eat so you have to like the Beefeater or go without.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chippywarner
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I don't normally stay in the Premier Inn but I'm more than happy too. This one was good from the start, check in was easy, a quick few details and given room keys, reception staff very helpful.

Pub on site with lots of other choices for food very very close by. That said I chose to eat in the onsite place and I can't fault it. The person involved with the serving was brilliant - Shay (might not be the right spelling), very happy and definitely the right person to be doing this role. Restaurant was very busy but the food was very quick, nice and hot and very reasonably priced.

Bed was typical premier inn, comfortable, loads of pillows. Nice large flat screen, no complaints. Shower good - everything as it should be.

Breakfast - only thing I might say anything against, nothing wrong with the service, in fact pretty good, only downside was the COSTA coffee was in a mass pot and the cooked food was to order so it wasn't really buffet style 'eat what you like', that said I wouldn't go up more than once so no real complaints - what I ordered was hot and cooked well.

In all, a good location, great staff, good, reasonably priced food and a comfortable room. Genuinely a good place for an overnight stay

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room, no complaints at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KevinPhilips
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel is perfect for an overnight stay in Nottingham. Peaceful and quiet night. Helpful staff. Room clean and spacious. Restaurants nearby, staff friendly and accommodating. Good service, though don't expect gourmet food! Overall good experience and would recommend.

Room Tip: Twin room had three beds so quite spacious. First floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Have to let everyone know how disappointed I was when I stayed here over the weekend. I booked two rooms. First of all the rooms were on different floors. I was not able to call the other room for anything but had to leave my room and go to the other floor to talk to them. I could not even call reception if I had a problem or an emergency.

I have never stayed in a hotel with out a phone. The receptionist said sorry as all the phones had been removed from this premier in due to people calling aboard and not paying the bill? not sure why this stops them from having internal calls or uk only. The internet did not work at all. Apparently there are problems with signals and I was asked to try the beefeaters signal for login on. The hot water didn't work very good and it took 5mins for the water to keep getting hot once you left the bathroom and someone else used it.

I had three children with me and one of them is disabled. I would not have booked if I knew in an emergency I would have to use a mobile phone to call reception. Not good at all I will be returning to Nottingham in two weeks for a funeral and I defiantly will not be staying here again. Considering I checked trip adviser first I am very disappointed. I must say however the lady on reception was very apologetic and refunded me for one of the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Nottingham Castle Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.