“all you need...but no more” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“all you need...but no more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Convenient for Nottingham Trent Uni and very close to city centre attractions. Comfy bed, clean room, and pretty quiet for a central venue. All looks a bit gloomy though - maybe it's just the purple colour and the dim lighting. Whining extractor fan in the bathroom makes for a non-relaxing bath ... but there is a bath, which is good. Breakfast is fine (fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, the usual cooked stuff .... but with DELICIOUS mushrooms). Staff very helpful.

1 Thank Mary M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Harborne, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by a friendly team of staff, who explained everything we needed to know, and even helped give us directions to get where we needed.

The only problem with this hotel is the lack of parking, and how easy it is to drive past the hotel towards the tram station...

Overall very pleasant stay

• Stayed March 2014
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Perfect setting for anyone looking for a night out, with easy access too the Tramps which are right on the door step.

Hotel is seated in the student area, opposite a Student library. On our visit there were heavy roadworks outside, which granted did not effect our nights sleep due to Premier inn being such good quality.

Easy place to get too the night clubs, and a gentle 5 / 10 minute walk will take you into town.

The only bad thing with this premier inn is the parking. Plenty of multi-story carparks 5 minutes walk from the hotel, but the onsite carpark is abit of a joke/free for all.

Would still recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Gillingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is ideal for students and hen nights and stag does, as that really is all the guests are there for. If you are looking for a hotel where you can get to sleep at a reasonable hour (I personally think that gone 5am in the morning is not acceptable) then this hotel is not for the run of the mill hotel guest.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kim C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed 2 days arriving a bit early on the Friday but no problem parking in small car park, all staff on reception were really friendly and room was available so check in was a breeze. Great location being only 5 mins from centre and cineworld. A lot of students about but not noisy and all we're very pleasant. Breakfast was great value and again all the staff were great. Would certainly stop again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Camberley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at this Premier inn, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham while on business one Thursday in March, I have now stayed now in dozens of Premier inns in the past year & felt I should review this particular one.
The room was of a good size, however it was a little grubby, for example the side table was sticky as it had a spilt drink that had dried so I had to clean that up myself! Ewww

I had room 204 which is on the first floor at the front so I could hear the trams rumbling past every 5/10 minutes, also that room is right by the lift so lots of people traffic walking past, so not ideal!
The room did have triple glazing but I could still hear the outside noise.

The hotel is in a good central location, but because of the above I would not stay here again & will try another PI elsewhere in the town.

PI do operate a “good night guarantee” so I could have used that however upon check out I was asked if I had a good stay etc, but in true British fashion & replied” Yes very well thank you!”
If I didn’t have an appointment that morning I would probably have raised my points, but I’m not the kind of person to complain, I will simply not go back.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from trams!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Munster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We've stayed in a Premier Inn hotel before so knew what to expect - clean, comfortable, no frills, low cost.

Unfortunately we couldn't check in early on the Friday (12:30), but they had no problem taking in the bags while we had a wander around the city centre. When I went back later (2:30) the designated room still wasn't ready and although the receptionist began to try to allocate another one I said I would wait and had a coffee in the Costa/hotel bar. More on this pleasant receptionist later...(I can't remember her name!)...to be fair, most staff we encountered were professional and good-natured.

Room and bathroom were adequate - large comfortable bed as usual in this chain, extra pillows on top of the "wardrobe" (hanging area!). However, it would have been good to have one or two additional sockets as there were only 2, one for TV. (would also have liked toilet roll replenished the following day rather than folding a point into the less-than-half-roll that was left!).

It was a busy weekend with groups and families. I've read that some people had an issue with noise but I did not encounter this, thankfully. Room was a little stuffy so we left the window open and didn't notice much outside noise - no cars as the location is on a tram line. Breakfast was fine, vegetarian sausages available on request - good coffee from what I think was a Costa machine (so often these budget hotels only offer swill!). The dining area is not very big, I would imagine it gets busy at peak weekend late breakfast times but we got in ahead of the rush!

My boyfriend was attending a training seminar on Sunday so we asked on Saturday if we could get a late check-out. The first person didn't know, thankfully the second person said yes but that we'd have to check the following morning due to housekeeping rotas etc -- £15 to stay up to 2pm (I think?) and £25 to stay up to 6pm....

Unfortunately on the Saturday night, I got food poisoning (NOT from the hotel!) and was very sick. I managed to get downstairs in the morning for some tea and dry toast and stopped at reception to book the late check-out. Staff had been changed around and the next person said no we had to go at 12...I nearly cried! But thankfully the dark-haired girl from Friday arrived and sorted everything out for us - I was so glad to be able to rest and try to recover for those extra few hours. 6pm rolled around and they kindly called a cab for us -- FYI the fare to East Midlands Airport is around £21.

So while it wound up being more expensive than anticipated (the SkyLink bus which is only 2 tram stops away is far cheaper than a cab!) I was really glad to have the additional comfort while I was ill. It's not a luxury hotel for an extravagant romantic getaway and it doesn't pretend to be, as the title says: it does exactly what it says on the tin!

I would stay here again and I would recommend the hotel.