“Great stay, great location!”

Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street) Hotel
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Great stay, great location!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A Premier Inn never fails to deliver. A great hotel, in an ideal location. Nottingham is quite a compact city and you can walk from one end to the other. However you can choose to get the tram just outside the hotel if you fancy a more leisurely pace. Unlimited travel £3.50 per day for adult, can't argue with that. Hotel clean, our room was massive, and a good night guarantee as always. Even when the tram ran just a few metres outside our bedroom window, the double glazing did its job. Staff friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Second time I've stopped here. Last trip was in the autumn, this one in June.
The room was like a furnace, a few beers were needed to help sleep.
Could not spend much time in time in it during the day (luckily didn't have to).
Street outside slightly noisy even at 5am was woken up by shouting.
Great location for those stopping here for a drinking weekend. If I was with family I would choose somewhere further out of centre.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for a weekend break with the lads. Room was very hot with only a fan to keep cool as no aircon and room set to 26° still not much of an issue once the local pubs had been frequented. All staff very helpfull especially the lady who kept the bar open in the early hours even though she wasnt getting paid. Would go back if in a night out again in nottingham

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jon E
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel last December(1913).
The room was spotlessly clean , comfortably big and quiet.
it is a five minute walk from the Central square opposite Trent University and the tram
service outside the entrance.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

we stayed in premier inn goldsmith street we had a lovely time staff were friendly and very helpful, rooms were very clean with lots of space, it is very close to the city, we have booked to go back in july,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have written very positive reviews before about 3 other Premier Inns (Belfast ,Dublin,London ) this why I'd no hesitation in booking Nottingham Premier Inn on last weeks business trip , sadly it was a terrible mistake. On arrival at midday I asked would here be any possibility I could check in early as I'd a very early morning flight had hurt my ankle and needed to rest .... NO was the robotic answer ...did I not read the terms and conditions NO-ONE can check in before 14.00 hrs ...yes I know all that ...but I explained about my ankle ..the reply was "could i not go for a walk around Nottingham" No point in continuing this conversation ....I arrived back at 14.00 hrs ..NO ..my room is not ready as "Family rooms take longer to make up" ..I was travelling on my own ...."sorry you booked a family room...this argument continued until I actually believed I was part of some sort of hidden camera game show....eventually got the key card ....room was standard Premier Inn... Sofa removed with an extra bed .... I went to phone reception ...couldn't see any phone ... Went down to reception and discussed this family room to another Premier Inn Robot and she was equally as rude. Then came the discussion on the missing phone ...I was told that 8 weeks ago as a cost cutting exercise ALL phones from ALL Premier Inns had been removed ... What about wake up calls ? We are not allowed to do them was the answer ....what about emergencies ? Not our problem I'm told .... What about a fire .... We have your mobile ....oh yes I'm sure the Nottingham fire department have a list of everyone's phone numbers !! In Ireland it's against the FIre Regulations NOT to have phones in rooms in case of persons with mobile difficulties and hearing problems ...it's also against EU regulations ...... When I pointed thus out " The Robot" melted ..she said that they had numerous complaints and she said "I wish you would write in about it ... We don't agree with it ! " how can Premier inns expect to get away with this? Dinner that night was the usual event ...ordered rare steak ...got cremated ...sent back and in fairness the next one was lovely ...the restaurant staff was faultless and very pleasant ....after dinner went back to reception to order a taxi ...I asked for one that would accept credit cards ....Sorry Sir NO Taxi company in Nottingham accepts Credit Cards..... Emmmmm what about the Taxi Company I spoke to earlier who gave me their card...Sorry Sir unless it's an official Premier Inn recommended taxi company we won't phone them for you ...it's against regulations ...... I was now convinced that I'd been time warped into some sort of modern day concentration camp ..... I departed the next morning (rather I should say escaped) In my own taxi which accepted credit cards ..... So that's me done with Premier Inns, I would sleep in a doorway rather than cross the door of this hotel chain and here was I recommending them to everyone after 6 very pleasant stays in their other hotels ....I honestly don't know if they think the low cost budget airline attitude will work.... Anyway I hardly think they will risk closing down without my business ..... Never again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sean L
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this premier inn after reading that it was convenient to get into central Nottingham the tram runs right outside ,although it is only a 10 minute walk into the centre which we did most days as the weather was lovely,
I have stopped at various premier and this again did not disappoint ,rooms were clean staff always cheerful and helpful.
Only downside was we booked for an evening meal and had to wait over an hour ,never experienced this before in a premier apparently only one cook on but staff were apologetic about the wait and it was not there fault but meal was good value and quality when it arrived .
The other small thing is the heating /air conditioning it was warm and it does not work to cool the room there were other colleagues in the hotel was there for a conference and none of there's worked ,but we were all supplied with fans .
Would I stop here again definitely yes for value of money in a clean ,friendly hotel ,breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice in a central position.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business