We had heard of this restaurant for some time and had noted its rise to fame and awarding of two Michelin stars. Hence we booked for early august for dinner. We opted for the 10 course tasting menu and the accompanying top flight option 2 tasting wines. The positive points first .The charming south Korean/Swedish sommelier was very good at explaining all the wines,their country of origin, grape variety and how they should taste on the palate. The service was very good and we were also allowed into the extremely small kitchen to see the operation and to meet Mr Sat Bains after service had died down.
The food was fine but served in effectively rustic style pottery and pottery bowls which did detract from the presentation of the food .We have dined at many top flight restaurants such as The Fat duck and le Manoir aux Quat Saisons,and this restaurant and the food just did not seem to have the "Oh wow"!! factor that we were expecting.
A shame really as it was an expensive night out which we do not mind if it is an overwhelming foodie or gastronomic experience which sadly this was not .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving modern British cuisine with eight bedrooms. Lunch on chef's or kitchen table Tuesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon Dinner. Tuesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.00 Pm Friday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Booking Essential. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Restaurant Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel Nottingham
- Hotel Sat Bains With Rooms
- Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel