Last night a few of us (friends) dined at Sat Bains as a send-off for our mate who is emigrating to Australia. We had been trying to coordinate this meal for a while, finally agreed a date and booked.
It is not easy to find - so read directions carefully on the website. Once you do arrive there the atmosphere is relaxed, quiet and unassuming. The staff are very friendly but unobtrusive. The restaurant was, as ever, fully booked.
Our menu selection was one of the Tasting Menus with the addition of Sat's award winning Duck Egg course + a cheese selection. The wines were discussed and selected together with the knowledgeable and adventurous sommelier. Every dish & morcel is a delight to look at and a wonder to taste. The variety of food is stunning. We were astounded by the flavours and palate-stimulating sensations.
At the end of the evening Sat came out to see us and presented our (soon-to-emigrate) friend with a menu signed by every member of his team. What a nice man and exceptional Chef.
Thanks to everybody for making our evening such a superb experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving modern British cuisine with 7 bedrooms. Lunch on chef's or kitchen table Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon Dinner. Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.00 Pm Friday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Booking Essential. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Restaurant Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel Nottingham
- Hotel Sat Bains With Rooms
- Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel