We visited sat bains last night and I am still full! This was an amazing experience . Our last great food experience was at the hand & flowers curtesy of mr tom kerridge. This is a totally different experience . The food challenges you. Takes you out of your comfort zone . You go on a food journey. Dishes such as chicken muesli, horseradish panna cotta and rhubarb with rocket. Each dish on the 10 course tasting menu was a surprise . Textures, flavours, hot with cold. The thyme granita was a revelation. From the moment you enter you are made to feel so welcome,the service is warm and friendly . Every dish is explained to you. The staff move seamlessly, without hovering around and being over bearing. They are happy to answer any questions . The sommelier in particular was a revelation . Utterly charming and so knowledgable . The only dish that perhaps did not quite hit the spot was the sweetbreads with puy lentils. They just didn't taste of very much. But one dish out of 10 and it wasn't unpleasant just a little dull compared to the others . The chocolate cake more than made up for it . What a surprise! My only regret is that the rooms were fully booked and Nottingham is not great for hotels . We ended up in the very mediocre Nottingham belfry. We will have to return as the rooms look fabulous and goodness knows what Mr Bains breakfasts are like . Thank you to all for a memorable evening .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Two Star Michelin restaurant serving modern British cuisine with 7 bedrooms. Lunch on chef's or kitchen table Wednesday to Saturday From 12.00 Noon Dinner. Wednesday to Thursday 6.30 Pm - 9.00 Pm Friday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Saturday 6.00 Pm - 9.30 Pm Booking Essential. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Restaurant Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel Nottingham
- Hotel Sat Bains With Rooms
- Sat Bains With Rooms Hotel