“Out of this world!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I came here for a joint birthday celebration. At reception we we were greeted by warm, friendly staff and the most delicious chocolate brownie. We were shown to our room and it was truly amazing; sumptuous bed, cushions and a table with gorgeous cookies and chocolates. Nothing felt too much trouble, they supplied us with a drinks list and brought them to our room.

Onto the food, we had a ten course tasting menu; we also decided to add the famous duck egg to this as well. We sat in the conservatory and had the most attentive staff who never let us have an empty glass all night and were always on hand if you needed anything.

The tasting menu is a perfect way to try and experience new tastes that you may have not had before. The courses were all delicious and each had their own amazing surprise that you weren't expecting. Extremely clever how each course is designed around a dominant flavour such as sweet, salty or sour to name a few. The desserts were out of this world and I have never had puddings like it before. The 'tea & biscuits' were out of this world.

Had a great nights sleep, very peaceful and quiet. Breakfast was gorgeous; brilliant choice of cold choices, I had the yoghurt with fruit compote. Then the full English breakfast that was perfectly portioned and tasted amazing. Lots of refills of orange juice, tea and homemade crumpets/toast.

Checkout seamless and even got given a treat for the journey.

This was THE most amazing experience and couldn't recommend it enough to people. I can't wait to go back this year and we are already planning our next stay.

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely & quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emma T

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I decided to stay the night as our Son was working in Derby and it was the night of his 21st birthday.

I have to say this restaurant is I rather a strange place but once you ender the courtyard the location is forgotten!
We decided to take 8 course taster menu with the matching wines for the 3 of us and took also the option of the signature dish- the egg dish.and had pre dinner drinks in the very small bar.
The whole experience was excellent, from the hand made chocolate offered to on arrival to the opportunity to visit the kitchen and for Sat to sign the menu and chat to about his restaurant and food.
It was a wonderful experience for us all but especially for our Son as he had never eaten in a Michelin Star restaurant and in his own words - he will never forget this food or experience.
The bedroom that my husband and I stayed in was in the main building, it was comfortable, the toilet was a bit on the small side, but we loved the bedding, the coffee and tea tray with home made biscuits the candles etc. our son took a taxi back to his hotel in Derby and wished that he was staying at Sat Bains
All in all we were so please that we were forced to travel to that part of the country and chose Sat Bains, we may return one day. this restaurant has excellent service without being pretentious. The icing on the cake would have been if our elder son could have joined us too, but unfortunately he was unable to due to work he had in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chis20
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed there some years ago to celebrate my daughter's graduation. Had a wonderful evening with great atmosphere and wonderful food. Was taken again last year. The standard is still maintained. Shame I live so far away. If you are looking for that somewhere a bit special in the Nottingham area, look no further.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Visited a few weeks ago the day after our wedding to celebrate my Best Man's 50th Birthday - Had the 10 courses plus duck egg from Great British Menu - From the very first mouthful it was stunning and the wine flight complimented most courses magnificently. My first experience of anything like this and I was certainly not disappointed - just have an open mind and you won't be disappointed. Because we had our children with us we couldn't stay in the rooms, but I believe my friends were impressed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kevjacks
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited Sat Bains Restaurant about 2 months ago for a birthday celebration, and we weren't disappointed the food was simply Outstanding!!! Well worth the Money, we look forward to our visit back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francisco M
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Impeccable service, wonderful food and an experience to live in the memory. Had the tasting menu along with the famous duck egg and dined in the kitchen at the chefs table. The staff are great, young and energetic and clearly enjoy working here, what an experience to sit in and amongst the chefs at a Michelin two star restaurant and watch them prepare our meal.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roger B
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We visited back in July but only just round to posting the review.

All I can say is amazing!

We had the 10 course menu plus the duck egg course (if it’s good enough for the Queen we had to try it!) and also the paired wines which were fab.

The whole evening was a success and definitely worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends