“Food heaven!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Food heaven!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I took my husband here for his 30th. We had the 7 course dinner and added the duck egg. I've never been in such a food heaven in my life. Every course matched and nearly outdid the one before it- there's no way we could pick a favourite. Each course had something our taste buds craved; it's like Sat wrote a movie and our taste buds were the audience. Simply divine.

The staff were incredible. They inconspicuously watched our every move and anticipated each of our needs. We didn't once ask for anything because we didn't need to. So much attention to detail that we felt royal.

We stayed the night as well. Gorgeous room (#2 I think) with everything you could need including some delicious biscuits.

The next morning my husband took the 1 on 1 cooking workshop with the head chef. He got to see how many of the dishes were made that we had the night before. I'm reveling in my husbands creativity after that class and he doesn't stop talking about it.

Lastly, we met Sat a couple times throughout our stay. He's very straightforward and down to earth with a sense of humour. He doesn't take himself too seriously but it's the opposite with his food, rooms, restaurant, and employees.

We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great- just different sizes.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

2 of us dined here for the first time and had the 10 course tasting menu. The food was the best we have ever tasted. The service, professionalism & etiquette of the whole staff added to a memorable evening.
We had champagne in the court yard before our meal & a tour of the grounds & kitchen afterwards. I cannot stress enough how every single member staff did everything they could to make a fantastic meal.
Trust me when I say at £300 for 2 was worth every single penny.
We even met Sat himself which was a honour; he made time to talk to us during service !

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank gonzo0202
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Where to start! We arrived at the remote location and were warmly greeted by a man on reception who straight away took our bags and offered us an out of this world chocolate brownie, we were then taken to our room where the member of staff explained everything we needed to know. It was a red hot day yet our room was lovely and cool. The room was perfect, decor was beautiful! We then went for drinks outside and the staff seemed so kind and interested in making our stay perfect, they were all so knowledgeable and friendly. We were showed to our table and each course was a true masterpiece, like nothing we had ever tasted before, the presentation, flavours and design of each dish was out of this world! I am not really a seafood sort of person so I was given off the menu tasters which I thought was so kind! We cannot thank everyone enough for being so lovely! There's not much more I can say to show the true excellence of this place! You get what you pay for and I cannot understand how anyone could have anything negative to say!!??

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Pinknfluffyfairy
nottingham
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for my birthday in April. It is by far the best food we have ever eaten! It is difficult to put into words as to how wonderful it is but the explosion of tastes in your mouth just blows you away!
The staff are wonderful and very helpful too. Simply a must to go!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank s9cko
yorkshire
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just returned from a Saturday night meal with my wife and twin eighteen year old 'kids'. Different location. But an Oasis of culinary and quiescent delight. Firstly rooms were superb, room eight and one, with the added surprise of the two cute pet rabbits in the garden. Great homely touch.
The food and service were, as expected, in an international league. Special mention to Sergio who is a top ambassador for the place. Can't fault the place but I think they may want to expand a bit and have an urban offshoot within the city, just a thought. I get fed up with people occasionally using Tripadvisor to make adverse comments about petty things. If you have a problem, state it to the owners either verbally or privately by email. We all need feed back in business but don't need to 'wash our dirty clothes in public. Over and out from one happy chappy even though it was for my 50th!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Simple review - Its amazing.
lovely warm welcome and made to feel very relaxed
Blonde housekeeping lady helped us to source a few things we had forgotten. WE didnt get chance to thank her properly - so thank you

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

For us this trip was a celebration event and it more than met our expectations - it surpassed them. All of the staff provided excellent, personalised, attentive and friendly service from the moment we stepped through the door to the moment we left. We were welcomed by all and encouraged to get the most out of the experience.

Like some other reviewers, I won't spoil things by listing menus and treats but needless to say it was the small things that went hand in hand with the bigger things to make the complete package. We loved the style of the menu presentation, the cutlery, the serving dishes, the coffee pots, the bread 'baskets', the gardens, the veg plot, the rooms etc etc

In terms of the food - despite there being the odd thing on the menu that we might not eat at home or be quite to our taste we came with an open mind and a desire to try everything - we weren't disappointed - we loved every single dish; we enjoyed being told what they were and also trying to work out the minor ingredients in addition to the major players; we loved the anticipation of what was coming next;we even loved watching diners who were eating later than us receive the dishes we had already tried and enjoyed! We haven't eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant before so having nothing to compare to but for us this reached a dining experience peak. Breakfast the next day was made with care and attention and full of lovely treats.

We stayed in a suite and could not fault it for comfort and again welcomed all the small lovely touches (Jacuzzi bath, Molton brown toiletries). I wish we had arrived earlier to take advantage of the time we had there. Beautiful rooms.

I appreciate that the cost is quite high but in life you get what you pay for and there are times when you should applaud your own decision to invest in something special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple