“Can't get in!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nottingham
Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Really wanted to treat my close family and friends for my 60th birthday to an out of this world dining experience, but when I enquired they couldn't accommodate a party of 12-14 as the maximum table size is 8. When I asked about a private room I was told that the cost for the room alone would be over £3000 excluding food and wine!! That would mean a cost in order of £5k!!

Very disappointing response.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Vic H

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We didn't stay, just cabbed it from home so thoroughly availed ourselves of birthday champagne and amazing food. When Sat heard that one of us had travelled all the way from downunder and specifically requested the celebration at his 2-star restaurant, we got a sticky beak into the kitchen, a pic with the man himself and signed copies of the menu as souvenirs. Well worth a detour.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is simply the best restaurant I know in England and one of the best in the world. I was there just a few days after visiting Mugaritz and Arzak in San Sebastian, so they had some tough competitors to beat.

The menu is a constant surprise without ever loosing the focus on great food with great taste.

the sommelier was as epxected a top prifessional who made an excellent wine pairing with surprising wines from unusual countries, like Uruguay

Top. I don't ubdert«stand why it doesn't have a third Michelin star or does not appear in the "50 Best Restaurants of the World" San Pellegrini list.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I took my husband here for his 30th. We had the 7 course dinner and added the duck egg. I've never been in such a food heaven in my life. Every course matched and nearly outdid the one before it- there's no way we could pick a favourite. Each course had something our taste buds craved; it's like Sat wrote a movie and our taste buds were the audience. Simply divine.

The staff were incredible. They inconspicuously watched our every move and anticipated each of our needs. We didn't once ask for anything because we didn't need to. So much attention to detail that we felt royal.

We stayed the night as well. Gorgeous room (#2 I think) with everything you could need including some delicious biscuits.

The next morning my husband took the 1 on 1 cooking workshop with the head chef. He got to see how many of the dishes were made that we had the night before. I'm reveling in my husbands creativity after that class and he doesn't stop talking about it.

Lastly, we met Sat a couple times throughout our stay. He's very straightforward and down to earth with a sense of humour. He doesn't take himself too seriously but it's the opposite with his food, rooms, restaurant, and employees.

We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great- just different sizes.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

2 of us dined here for the first time and had the 10 course tasting menu. The food was the best we have ever tasted. The service, professionalism & etiquette of the whole staff added to a memorable evening.
We had champagne in the court yard before our meal & a tour of the grounds & kitchen afterwards. I cannot stress enough how every single member staff did everything they could to make a fantastic meal.
Trust me when I say at £300 for 2 was worth every single penny.
We even met Sat himself which was a honour; he made time to talk to us during service !

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank gonzo0202
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Where to start! We arrived at the remote location and were warmly greeted by a man on reception who straight away took our bags and offered us an out of this world chocolate brownie, we were then taken to our room where the member of staff explained everything we needed to know. It was a red hot day yet our room was lovely and cool. The room was perfect, decor was beautiful! We then went for drinks outside and the staff seemed so kind and interested in making our stay perfect, they were all so knowledgeable and friendly. We were showed to our table and each course was a true masterpiece, like nothing we had ever tasted before, the presentation, flavours and design of each dish was out of this world! I am not really a seafood sort of person so I was given off the menu tasters which I thought was so kind! We cannot thank everyone enough for being so lovely! There's not much more I can say to show the true excellence of this place! You get what you pay for and I cannot understand how anyone could have anything negative to say!!??

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Pinknfluffyfairy
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for my birthday in April. It is by far the best food we have ever eaten! It is difficult to put into words as to how wonderful it is but the explosion of tastes in your mouth just blows you away!
The staff are wonderful and very helpful too. Simply a must to go!!

• Stayed: April 2014