“Relaxing stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Relaxing stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here with my husband on Saturday evening, and had a very relaxing experience. The rooms are a little on the small side, but very well equipped with a comfortable bed and pillows exactly to my liking! There is a decent-sized bath for soaking in, and a powerful shower. A real plus-point is the room lighting - all too often in hotels it is much too subdued and not helpful when doing make-up and hair. In Hart's there is plenty of lighting!! Although we understand that the hotel was full on Saturday, we did not hear noise from any other occupants and were not disturbed by any outside noise. We use this hotel when in Nottingham as we like the quiet location in The Park, but appreciate the proximity to the city centre facilities. The staff were very helpful, arranging a taxi into town for us and allowing us to leave our car in the hotel car park until late on Sunday afternoon. We also spent some time relaxing in the bar with drinks and papers and I can highly recommend the Hambleton Bakery pastries!! My only niggle - could breakfast be until 11am on a Sunday? Being parents on a weekend escape from the kids, we really didn't want to rush down for breakfast at 10am!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaulaR-Smith
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to my staff. I will also discuss your comments regarding breakfast - perhaps you might take advantage of our room service next time? I hope to see you at Hart's again soon. Tim Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed and ate at Harts 15/2/14. Had a great time, but a couple of niggles. Firstly, whoever designed the building - what were they thinking putting the bar at the back when there's such an amazing view over Nottingham from the reception window? It's really wasted there, it would be a brilliant bar with panoramic windows overlooking that view. The service was great though, as were the Caipirinhas! The room and general decor are decent, if a bit 90s. Breakfast in the room was a little disappointing - the bacon was a bit cold and tough like it had been sitting under a warmer for too long and the scrambled eggs were much too salty.

Again, we had an excellent time, and the service was very good, these are just my observations.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the city rather than the carpark.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spark32uk
Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you found your breakfast disappointing but glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I have spoken to Adam my General Manager and he has already spoken to the Park Bar staff to ensure that in future room service breakfasts are produced to the high standards you would expect from Hart's. we hope to welcome you back to Hart's again soon. Tim Hart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The title says it all really. We stayed here on the gourmet package with a taster menu at the adjacent Hart's restaurant (wow! See separate review). Don't get me wrong, the room, ostensibly superior, was very comfortable and clean but had the same level of style and character as any other modern city centre hotel, lots of dark chipboard furniture, and was smaller than the average Ibis. The breakfast was great quality but if I had had to pay for it separately it would have been pricey. The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful
As part of the package it was great, would I use it just as a hotel I am not sure from a value point of view and I stop in a lot!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SimonFKnight
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review (and for the Restaurant review) - I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your accommodation during your recent stay with us. We do take all feedback on board and any workable suggestions for improvements are discussed at our regular meetings. I will make sure your comments are passed on for inclusion. Tim Hart
United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night whilst on business. Arrived in pouring rain and had problems finding a space in the tiny car park. Receptionist was very helpful and arranged for me to park in the "undercroft". Common areas very stylish and was booked in by friendly and efficient receptionist.

Room on second floor was well equipped, decorated with style and had great views over the city. Perhaps rather small but comfortable. Walls are rather thin and I could clearly hear the occupant of the next room using his/her bathroom facilities. Bathroom was also smallish but bath was deep enough to soak and towels were large and fresh.

Slept well in comfortable bed albeit pillows were on the soft side. Wifi worked very well.

Didn't eat here at all but believe it has a good reputation.

Would definitely return either on business or with the wife for a weekend stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Grantham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

My partner and I are regular users of hotels in one place or another, and this is definitely up there with the good ones!

From the moment we arrived, one of the staff came out to direct us in to a parking spot and ensure we knew where to go etc. Check in was friendly and efficient and our room was well presented and contemporary. All the facilities we needed for our stay were available in the well maintained and comfortable room. Rooms are not huge but are perfectly adequate for any traveller, and the adjoining bathroom was very smart and clean too.

The hotel is in a great location, just on the edge of Nottingham city centre (5 minute walK). Our room offered great view across the city from the elevated position and all the general surroundings are pleasant.

We stopped with friends and ate in the first class Hart's restaurant next door. This is also where breakfast was served - which was also really good quality. Throughout the stay, all the staff at the hotel were polite and professional in all aspects that just enhanced what a great experience it was. The hotel has its own bar (that also serves food) where you can enjoy a great range of drinks, wines and cocktails.

I can't fault this place and would recommend it to anyone looking for a city centre venue in the great city of Nottingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much - we pride ourselves on offering consistently good service and food. I will pass on your kind comments to my Hotel & Restaurant General Managers. Tim Hart
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I got a deal on the premium room which would normally have been £145.00. I was looking forward to my stay as I have dined at Harts before and found the quality in the restaurant fabulous so I was expecting luxury from the hotel. First impressions - reception was welcoming and cosy with a very friendly receptionist. Though I was 10 minutes early for the 3pm check-in (I think this is too late) she said my room was ready and handed me my key. As I walked to my room another member of staff (housekeeping) wished me a pleasant stay. My first thought was how tiny the room was and to wonder what size the standard rooms are if this was next stage up? I can only assume one pays for the views which, I imagine are splendid in better light and weather. The bathroom was very cramped and the bath was smaller than I expected. I went to the bar and ordered a cocktail which the bar staff said they would bring to me in my room. I was a little disappointed as I am a margarita connoisseur and this one was pretty lacklustre. After a night on in Nottingham we returned and had some drinks in the bar which has a fun and welcoming atmosphere. We didn't have breakfast so I cannot comment on that. I slept well. I thought a cafetiere was a nice touch and fresh milk was also appreciated. All in all- perfectly pleasant but not the luxury I would expect for the price paid.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best possible quality and service and I'm sorry to hear you you were disappointed with your accommodation during your recent stay with us. We do take all feedback on board and any workable suggestions for improvement are discussed further at our regular meetings. My Bar Manager is working on his margarita and hopefully it will meet your expectations next time. Tim Hart
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Having stayed at numerous hotels over the years, I can honestly say that this the best hotel from the moment of booking, welcome, stay and departure that I have ever stayed in. It was like staying in your own home.

The customer service was of such a high standard, nothing was too much trouble. Every member of staff from Housekeeping/Maintenance to the General Manager were polite, professional, helpful, friendly and courteous at all times.

The hotel food represents excellent value for money as the service and ingredients were of the highest quality. The hotel was immaculately clean, the bedrooms were so comfortable, there was a comprehensive welcome pack explaining all facilities available including the General Manager's contact details to how to get Sky Sports. The bedding was of exceptional high quality and a huge bath and the best shower going.

It is rare to stay in a hotel in a city centre where it is so quiet. I would recommend Hart's to everyone, as any hotel who are prepared to go that extra mile and who actually do value your custom deserves to have my business.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hart's so much and that you found the hotel and my staff so welcoming. I will pass on your comments to my General Manager, Adam - it is always nice to hear that you have got something right. Tim Hart