“Excellent service & staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hart's Hotel

Hart's Hotel
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Excellent service & staff”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Picture the scene... you arrive in reception having spent the afternoon dressed in 80's fancy dress up to your neck in foam and cold water. You have 1 hr until you need to meet your friend in the bar in full evening dress, the lovely young man on reception tells you that you don't have a reservation..... NOOOOOOO.

So that was the start to my evening! Not great, appeared that our booking at Hart's had been cancelled. Grumpy and cold my husband went to get his phone and the booking confirmation from the car but someone had locked the door to the car park so he couldn't get out the building, slightly grumpier he tried a 2nd time with the accompaniment of James but on return we were still "cancelled"

James arranged drinks and hung our clothes up to keep them out the way while he sorted it out, thankfully a room was found and he also helped us to the room. What a star!

The room are lovely, radiator works quickly, the windows open if you want fresh air. There was some wine and choc's in the room and a mini bar but we'd not got time to make use of them - we were in the shower (great pressure, hot, bliss) and gone. Spotted White Company toiletries and noted that the towels were large and fluffy.

We did make use of the flat screen TV in the morning, reasonable number of channels.

Bed was huge and very comfy, plenty of hanging space for clothing, hair drier in room and easy access to power points.

We met in the bar for a quick drink (they have a super Sav Cab if you like dry white wine) and due to the hotel being busy breakfast was served in the restaurant which is across the front yard.

Breakfast was really nice, hot toast and staff on hand to keep you topped with tea/coffee.

All in all we had a great stay, if a bit short, with excellent service at all times. I would like to thank James once again for his quick and efficient handling of the cancelled booking, we didn't get to the bottom of it with booking.com but he rescued us!

Parking - leave keys at reception, they sort it all out !!

I would return in a heartbeat and will recommend to my friends, family and colleagues for a top hotel in Nottingham.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that James was so helpful. I will pass on your comments to my staff and look forward to welcoming you back to Hart's again soon. Tim Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent

We stayed for a weekend and were extremely impressed. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were spotless with very good bathrooms with firm beds

Dinner in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel was outstanding with a full and interesting menu

The only comment we had is make sure you get to Sunday breakfast before all the tables are taken as you can end up eating breakfast in an armchair with a small table in front of you at an odd height

Highly recommended

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mildred2011
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I travel extensively around the world in my job, and as such, tend to visit a least one hotel each week of the year.
I can honestly and sincerely say that the experience at Hart's ranks with the very best.
My family and I were in Notts for one evening for a book launch event. My daughter is only 9 and partially disabled, and we found that many of the larger city centre hotels which I usually use, were, less than accommodating as it was short notice.
Not so Hart's. The experience from 1st contact to departure was faultless! Despite the fact we were pretty high maintenance!! Haha
STAFF
This is where the hotel REALLY stands out! The staff are world class! From the young chap who helped us to our room with bags, wheelchair, toys, coats, clothes; to the reception staff who were charming helpful and polite; to Luke in the hotel bar who served and entertained us until the small hours. Adam, the GM, was charming and one of the most helpful. hands-on managers I have ever experienced. This is an excellent team and a credit to the owners.
ROOM
Yes, the rooms are not huge! But, what more do you need! We upgraded to a suite, which was fantastic, on a higher floor with views over Nottingham, and the gardens. Two bathrooms, and a large sofa bed (When we returned to the room, the sofa bed had been made up for my daughter, and her favourite toys were tucked in waiting for her, a lovely thoughtful touch!) The rooms are beautifully equipped, with some great attention to detail.
DINNER
We were a party of 6, and unfortunately the restaurant was full - This posed no problem to the staff! We took a table in the bar, and were allowed to chose from either the restaurant or bar menu. The food was superb! Amazing produce, beautifully prepared and presented. It is worth a visit for the restaurant alone! Pigeon breast to start, followed by an exceptional sirloin steak cooked and presented to perfection.
The wine list was perfect! Not ridiculously priced, but accomodating any palate.
BREAKFAST
Superb! Beautiful locally sourced produce, cooked perfectly, fresh home made breads, fresh fruit.
ABOVE and BEYOND....
Unfortunately, I had a problem with my car in the morning. (I said we were high maintenance!) - Rather than simply fobbing me off with a phone number, Adam, the GM, personally helped tow my car out of its bay so we could then use jump leads to start it. Now that's above and beyond expectations!

All in all, without any doubt the BEST hotel in Nottingham!
Exceptional staff, service and food! My daughter (9) was treated like a princess by all!
We will not hesitate to return again.

Room Tip: If you are able, I would suggest upgrading to a suite or a room on a higher floor. Suites ahev much...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful visit. Offering excellent service to all of ur customers is something we pride ourselves on - I will pass on your comments to my staff. Tim Hart
newark
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I'm reluctant to write this review as I'd like to keep this little gem all to my self!!

We booked this lovely hotel at the last minute (same day as we stayed) to escape the chaos of home life and got the room for an absolute steal (£55).

We parked in the hotel car park, where a member of staff offered to carry our bags. Check in was quick and we were directed to room 14 on the 1st floor (again the offer was extended to carry our bags).

Room 14 was lovely over looking the front court yard with floor to ceiling windows and a king size bed, it had everything we needed for an over night stay and more. Not sure I would recommend room 14 in summer months though as I imagine the lovely court yard gets busy on a hot summers evening.

Others have commented on rooms being small but we didn't find the room cramped at all!

We didn't eat in the hotel but sample menus in the room looked lovely and very reasonable for a high end restaurant.

We had an average nights sleep. I was woken by some women coming back to the hotel in the early hours, the hotel obviously wasn't to blame for that and again at just after 8am when the builders carrying out repairs to a wall outside the restaurant began chiselling away at the bricks. I did mention this when checking out and the manager apologised and kindly refunded the cost of our parking (£10) as a good will gesture and given that we had only paid £55 for the room we thought this was very generous.

We will ABSOLUTELY return to Harts in the future but would pay the little bit extra for a room at the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: Pay extra to stay at the back of the hotel or go for a higher level
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review despite your reluctance! I am delighted you had such a good stay and will pass on your commets to my staff. Tim Hart
Anstruther, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Last minute booking on morning of stay, so we didn't expect this outstanding treasure in the centre of Nottingham. Parked right outside room, upgraded to a suite on arrival as it was a mid week stay and only cost a few pounds more. We have recently stayed in a few 5 star hotels and this was by far the best.
The room was gorgeous, high above the city, with amazing views. The facilities within the room were far beyond what we needed, a well stocked bar, White Company toiletries, and ground coffee......bliss!.
Downside......there is none! Apart from the fact it's so far from where we live! Would love to visit again. Outstanding!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review - I am glad that you had such a lovely stay. We are very lucky to be situated in a quiet cul-de-sac with stunning views over the Park area of the City. I hope that you will come back again soon. Tim Hart
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed at Hart's for just one night as we were in Nottingham visiting a friend. Lovely and central (but I think most things are central in Nottingham) and the room was well designed and clean. The bathroom was very nice with a lovely deep bath and the bed very comfortable and cosy. Service was excellent. The staff were friendly and very accomdation when we came down slightly too late for breakfast on Sunday morning (we were happily moved to the bar and served breakfast there). I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I think reading all the reviews, if the only 'niggles' are the temperature range on the shower then that's a pretty indicative clue that this hotel is pretty good.

I've been eating and staying here for the last decade and the service is an absolute masterclass in how a hotel should be run in my opinion.

The only issue is when the bar is set so high the only thing left is for people to comment on the most smallest detail.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple