“Relaxing night away”

Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Nottingham
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Relaxing night away”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a last minute night away for his birthday. We stayed in a garden room. The room was clean and the bed was comfy although not as big as I thought it would be. The bathroom was clean and the facilities were good. I know some comments have said that the bathroom was a bit small but I thought it was fine. We had access to the private garden with the view overlooking the park which was lovely.

The staff were lovely and helpful and breakfast was good. The only down side for us was that I'd booked spa treatments for us both and as a surprise for my husband. I'd booked back massages but it turned out the hotel had booked full body massages. As my husband went first as a surprise I was unable to correct the mistake which went paying extra for the treatment he had. It was just a miscommunication but a shame.

I would stay again but I would book it as a last minute deals like this time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff and breakfast in the Park Bar so good. My apologies for any miscommunication regarding the massage - a full list of treatments can be seen on the website. Our Sunday Snooze packages are excellent value and I look forward to welcoming you back to Harts soon. Tim Hart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Chesterfield
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We booked a garden room at The Harts hotel and was very happy. Although abit smaller than expected the room was very good. Huge comfy bed with a classy bathroom. The best part was the doors which open to a lovely garden with amazing views. With the hotel being just a 5 minute walk from the city center and a 15 minute walk from the station, the extra money you pay is well worth it. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ChesterfieldSpires
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review - I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hart's. Tim Hart
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night as part of a business trip. I particularly enjoyed the quiet setting but being within walking distance of the city.

The rooms were clean with nice views of the outskirts of Nottingham. The hotel parking was chaotic and as a result I had to give up my keys to the concierge and many vehicles had to be double parked. However, at least there was parking.

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is what has led me to book a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

An overnight stay was booked using the relaxing weekend bed and breakfast offer found on Hart's website. On entering the hotel the beautiful, marvellous views from the reception area immediately caught our eyes. Welcomed in a friendly manner, we were told all the extras available and offered help in finding/carrying baggage to our Garden Room - room with access via French windows to a communal garden area overlooking The Park - a wonderful view! The room itself, though not as spacious as expected for the price, was very clean with well thought out furnishings including a very comfortable bed with goose-down quilt and pillows - extremely comfortable and no noises could be heard other than birds singing in the garden area. The ensuite bathroom was also of a high standard though again not as spacious as expected. On saying that the view, alongside the service provided, was excellent. Breakfast was professionally served and the foods provided were fresh and of a very high quality - however more variety was expected for the price. Nevertheless it was extremely delicious. Overall the stay was fully enjoyable and so relaxing, and I would like to return; but I just feel more would be have been offered for the price I had to pay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hart's and that you found our staff pleasant and helpful. I am sorry you were a little disappointed with the variety of foods on offer for breakfast - we do have other items available on request. I will pass on your comments to the Park Bar Manager to ensure that all staff are aware of this. Tim Hart
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Another visit to this excellent hotel whilst visiting family in Nottingham. We were welcomed warmly, and all the staff were genuine in their efforts of hospitality - they made us feel valued rather than tolerated. The room was beautifully clean, with really comfortable bed. Food is always excellent, the restaurant being the best we've found in the area. We unhesitatingly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Garden rooms allow access to nice garden terrace overlooking west Nottingham. All rooms we've be...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I'm so pleased that you enjoy your stays with us. Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Tim Hart
Ilchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We chose this hotel following the reviews on booking.com and trip advisor; we were looking for a special hotel in a good location that was more than just a room The location is very good with exceptional views from the full length bedroom windows. The rooms are very small and in my opinion lacked the attention to detail that you would expect from a high end-boutique hotel; the bathroom blind was a light colour which didn't block out the light and the bathroom door connecting to the bedroom was transparent (and didn't even close properly with a 2 inch gap). The bedroom and bathroom decor was very pleasant although the TV was parallel to the bed and in a shelf so quite a parallax view. The shower temperature was temperamental.

Parking was charged at £9.50 per day and you will need to leave the keys with reception as there is very limited space resulting in a lot of double parking.

Breakfast was reasonable although on the first morning the bread was empty, the sauces were empty despite plenty of staff on hand. The hotel bar is pleasant enough but what really sells is the restaurant - wow!! Very good so I will write a separate review. If only the rest of the hotel could show the same attention to detail.

In sum, I expected so much more from Harts considering the reviews and price we paid for the rooms (although heavily discounted from std rates they were still the most expensive hotel room in Nottingham for these nights!) I mentioned this to the receptionist who explained we were paying for the location....if you can compromise the views you may find better locations.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick A
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review. We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best possible quality and service and I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your accommodation during your recent stay. We do take all feedback on board and I will certainly look into your comments on the bathroom door and will discuss all workable solutions for improvement at our next regular meeting.
I can only apologise that there was a problem with bread and sauces at your breakfast - I will pass on your comments to the Park Bar Manager to ensure this does not happen again. Tim Hart
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed in a garden room which gives you access to a outside area where you can sit in blissfully quiet surroundings and enjoy your tea or coffee . Very comfortable clean room . Good amenities , stayed for 2 nights and would definitely recommend . Very close walking distance to the city centre .

Room Tip: Spend a bit extra and get a garden room, well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
HartsNottingham, Owner at Hart's Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review - I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to Hart's. We are very lucky to have such a quiet, secluded garden with stunning views over Nottingham and the Garden Rooms take full advantage of this. We hope to see you again soon. Tim Hart