“A great windmill with a lovely history.”
Review of Green's Windmill

Green's Windmill
Ranked #13 of 129 things to do in Nottingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Green's Windmill is a restored 19th Century tower mill, once home to mathematical physicist George Green. Turning again since 1986, climb to the top of our windmill and see how our sails turn grain into flour. In our interactive Science Centre discover the remarkable story of George Green, and experiment with light, electricity and magnetism. There's something for all the family!
Nottingham
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A great windmill with a lovely history.”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It was great that we could look around the windmill at our own pace. On each floor, was a short video so that we could learn about what we were seeing, which was really helpful. I'm terrified of heights so spent much of the time, clinging on to the walls as we got higher and higher, but it was a fantastic experience, standing behind the sails as they went round. The only downside for me was the interpretation centre before you entered the mill. I felt that this could have been more dynamic and informative for adults. There is a lot of history relating to Green in Nottingham and I felt that this could have been explored more. But the windmill itself, was really fun and we even bought some of ten windmills flour to make bread. I highly recommend it. If the car park is full, there is some free on road parking-just check that you are not in a residents permit zone. It is only a 20 minute walk from town or a 5 min bus ride if you get stuck for parking.

Visited February 2014

Matlock, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“The visit that didn't happen!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very disappointing... we were looking forward to the visit but were unable to find anywhere to park. The car park for the mill was full (although several spaces were unoccupiable due to poor parking in adjacent spaces) and there didn't seem to be any sign of time limits so no likelihood of people moving on... and all the adjacent streets were permit holders only. After driving round for half an hour we gave up!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank lupabianca
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Day trip for grandson”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I live within a stones through from this attraction and a friend of mine suggested taking my grandson. So one Saturday morning we did this, we got the the bus and popped to the mill, unfortunately the mill is broken but they are still milling with a small electric mill. The guy who worded their made us very welcome and had time to show my grandson how things worked. My grandson listened to him then proceeded to tell us how the flour is made and and hew only two years old turning three in June. Wot a brilliant place to visit as there is also a playground there and all of this is free?. I would pay a small sum to visit this venue.

Visited April 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Nerdtastic”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love Greens. A maths centred place with working mill and fascinating things to do. In Sneinton Hermitage worth a half day for sure!!!!

Visited January 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Everything a Family attraction should be”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

1. free 2. exciting 3. engaging 4. fun 5. educational. & the white flour makes good pasrty & the wholemale flour makes good bread...fabulous little playground, picnic area, views, to round of the trip. Friendly & helpful staff who love the Mill too. I have no criticism of this place.

Visited March 2014