“Awfully rude receptionist”

David Lloyd Nottingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awfully rude receptionist”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This morning my mum rang up to book me in as a guest today, which is something she has done once before and was always told it is free of charge, as a kind of reward for her loyalty throughout the years.

A young man replied "No we don't that anymore if she wants to come she'll have to pay" "it's for your own safety we don't want any sort coming in" Any sort?! Admittedly she got quite angered and proceeded to reiterate the fact it has always been completely fine, in which he kept firing back in a rude and strictly unprofessional manner.

As she has been a member of the club for 2 years, and myself being a previous member I'd expect a little more respect from your staff.

Visited January 2014
13 Thank claudiawoii

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Review based on a family day pass I received from work, the gym has pretty much everything, very clean plenty of choice, children's play area and nice cafe

Swimming pool was good, sauna, steam room all included, only downside is the price £160 per month for 2 adults and a child

Visited October 2013
1 Thank kaz k
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“David Lloyd overpriced and poor service”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

David LLoyd Aspley

I have been a member at David Lloyd Aspley Nottingham for around 5 years, the facilities are good however the classes have in the last couple of years have lacked enthusiasm. I found the only reason for going to david lloyd was one boxercise class on saturday morning which was really enjoyable and good exercise. Recently I moved from the area and therefore handed in my notice to leave my David lloyd membership as there was no new david lloyd where I am living. I was informed by the staff that this was fine and would only need to keep paying one months membership following the handing in of my notice. What actually happened is that David Lloyd didnt actually process the request until a month later, so I then ended up owing a further months membership when I didn't even live in the area and couldn't use any David Lloyd facilities. Following multiple phone calls they would still not wave the charge. I would be very careful before agreeing to a david lloyd contract, the memberships are overpriced and the customer service is poor.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank 160Laura
Nottinghamshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“better value”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I took a taster day and found the staff very polite and helpful. The facilities were clean and tidy with plenty to offer.

Visited January 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“looking a little old and dated”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

been member for over 5yrs, gym is good and updated. A lot of cutbacks every where else, with swimmers taking the brunt of the cut backs due to the new Eco tax, with the out door pool closure and most repairs taking over week to sort. will be thinking very carefully about renewing our membership, plus its going up anothe £2.00 a month so very expensive around £80.00 monthly.

Visited October 2012