“Overpriced, Poor customer Service, dated.”

David Lloyd Nottingham
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I took out a family membership (Have to pay for both of my kids even though they are only 3-years old and 6-months old) at David Lloyd paying £200 a month.. Unfortunately this place is not value for money, the customer service is poor, it is clear that the staff hate their jobs, the management and their only drive is to ensnare more members and make more money. As an example, after exiting a new mother fitness class one of the 'Membership advisors' was there at the door badgering us to sign up our babies for monthly memberships, the babies were 6 weeks old!!!

If you're considering signing up to this place, don't, just don't.

15  Thank Monks1983
in 4 reviews
"trial"
"reception"

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Hi, I have paid a family membership for over 5 years and never missed a payment of over £250.00 per month and not once have I ever received a single free voucher and recently when I had friends visit from Sheffield and asked for 3 free vouchers I was refused and instead I took them all to Riverside for lunch... In 2013 the air conditioning in the gym was broken for 3 MONTHS and I made numerous complaints to staff and received not one satisfactory response. I gave my notice to cease membership in September 2013 and surprise surprise it wasn't received so even though David Lloyds could not deny it had been sent I had to send it again. I also made a further complaint to Member Relations on 24th January this year and was told it was a 48hr complaint turnaround policy and surprise surprise received NO written reply or e.mail yet David Lloyds have no problem e.mailing me trying to sell me their products. It beggers belief that David Lloyds feel it is acceptable to still take over £250 for each month that none of my family were able to attend the Nottingham Center in Aspley due to what we considered to be an inadequate air conditioning system and all attempts so far to date to see a full refund for that period of 3 months has not even been acknowledged or been given the credit my complaint deserves, I was basically paying for a service I was being denied....Have you tried to lodge a complaint through their Members Lounge or tried to hand in your notice to end your membership ? It is suspiciously difficult to do, unbelievably so, and even if you approach staff members for an e.mail contact for head office, they rarely provide you with one, instead handing you a PO Box address to write to, again making it as difficult as possible to lodge your complaint which is the sign of a Business that has long since given up regard for Customers.. In truth, the warranty on of lots of their equipment has long since expired hence the reason for such a long delay in repairing the air conditioning in 2013 but yet they still increase their prices whilst reducing their customer focus... With the abundance of smaller newer health and fitness centers springing up around the country with equipment still under warranty it makes NO SENSE to attend or use companies like David Lloyd Leisure, as in terms of value for money they are Overpriced and Woefully Inadequate... Personally I don't like 'Cheap' so for me it isn't about the price but about the total lack of regard for customers and the shocking value for money factor ( I drive a Mercedes S Class )... I like 'Value For Money' and take it from me, business's like David Lloyds like other corporate companies like energy companies for example who continually raise prices whilst lowering Standards of Customer Care are a thing of the past, vote with your feet and if you are even slightly considering a David Lloyds Membership give it an extremely wide berth and avoid it like the PLAGUE !!!! ( Maybe now I might get a response to my Escalated Complaint lodged with Member Relations )... If I can save just 10 families from signing up to David Lloyds and being expected to pay for services they are denied due to non operative mechanisms within David Lloyds I my work here is done....... "Power To The People "

21  Thank Elevate-Elevate
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This morning my mum rang up to book me in as a guest today, which is something she has done once before and was always told it is free of charge, as a kind of reward for her loyalty throughout the years.

A young man replied "No we don't that anymore if she wants to come she'll have to pay" "it's for your own safety we don't want any sort coming in" Any sort?! Admittedly she got quite angered and proceeded to reiterate the fact it has always been completely fine, in which he kept firing back in a rude and strictly unprofessional manner.

As she has been a member of the club for 2 years, and myself being a previous member I'd expect a little more respect from your staff.

14  Thank claudiawoii
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Review based on a family day pass I received from work, the gym has pretty much everything, very clean plenty of choice, children's play area and nice cafe

Swimming pool was good, sauna, steam room all included, only downside is the price £160 per month for 2 adults and a child

1  Thank kaz k
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 October 2013

David LLoyd Aspley

I have been a member at David Lloyd Aspley Nottingham for around 5 years, the facilities are good however the classes have in the last couple of years have lacked enthusiasm. I found the only reason for going to david lloyd was one boxercise class on saturday morning which was really enjoyable and good exercise. Recently I moved from the area and therefore handed in my notice to leave my David lloyd membership as there was no new david lloyd where I am living. I was informed by the staff that this was fine and would only need to keep paying one months membership following the handing in of my notice. What actually happened is that David Lloyd didnt actually process the request until a month later, so I then ended up owing a further months membership when I didn't even live in the area and couldn't use any David Lloyd facilities. Following multiple phone calls they would still not wave the charge. I would be very careful before agreeing to a david lloyd contract, the memberships are overpriced and the customer service is poor.

4  Thank 160Laura