“Saturday treat ”

The Cods Scallops (Bramcote Lane)
Ranked #30 of 1,404 Restaurants in Nottingham
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So after hearing how good this place was , myself and my better half finally paid a visit, we arrived at 1130 so everything was fresh , we ordered x2 good large chips with peas and gravy , and thought we'd give steamed sampfire a go.... and the whole lot was absolutely fantastic, so full of flavour and good value...definitely worth the hype

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately the quality of the food has gone down. The chips always seem overcooked and the fish is often dry. Service is still efficient though.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I had to queue from out the door and even when inside, it was rammed full of people waiting for their takeout order which worked on a separate order and collection point system. Because of this, you don’t see them prepare your meal and so I didn’t notice that they missed the salt and vinegar despite me making a point of asking for lots of salt and vinegar at the order point.

Having said that, the food was very tasty and they gave us extra crispy bits of batter on the side, which my wife loves.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for quality fish in a seaside setting this is the place to be. We have visited many times and the standard never drops. Excellent service as well !!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We recently went to the Bramcote branch, having enjoyed fish and chips at the Mansfield branch recently.

Service was fast and professional. Food was delicious and the portions are generous. I'd recommend the cod and chips with crispy bits. I'd definitely come back since this is my local branch and fantastic value for money!

A hidden gem I didn't know was so close by!