“Good hotel”

Ranked #5 of 54 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel for the price I paid. Had put my parents here for a night. The room is modern, clean and comfy. The hotel is beautiful. The room was a little small and one could hear the sound of people talking in the neighbouring rooms. Also the wifi, though free did not work in the room. The staff was not helpful either. We had an ironing board but no iron, so called downstairs, but they never bothered to get it. Its a classy hotel in a very beautiful location.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for another great review. I am concerned over the comments about the team as we are all passionate about service and it is never our intention not to deal with issues. I would apprecaite a call to discuss the wifi and iron if you have a moment.

Wishing you all the very best,

Lasse Hogberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Where to start ... we loved it !!!
My partner emailed them saying it was my birthday when we spending the night and asked if they could do anything specail for my day.he got an email straight back saying they would try their best and boy did they.we got a upgrade from a normal standard room to the top floor and the best room with acess of gym and pool.I even got a birthday card from the team and raspberrys and cream with white choc lacing saying happy birthday.the room was great clean loads of space 32inch tv double shower and a nice big bed.our room veiw was great all trees and grass and could see the planes.
Staff are very friendly always saying hello.the hotel was cleanest iv been to even had a painter painting any marks on walls.prices I thought was what u expect for 4*.
Now for the down side.the only places where we could find food outside you need a car.our room was so warm, target set at 22 and it was still going over we tried to switch it off but still came on but as we came back to the room at 12am we wanted to go to sleep but I'm sure they would have help if we asked.we woke up to heavy wides against the hotel which kept us awake then loads of banging from the outside but we love this hotel and would come back

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

A great review, thank you so much. I do hope that you come back to us and try Bramleys Brasserie with the fantastic food we have to offer.

Warmest Regards,

Lasse Hogberg
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed 29 / 30 march. A new hotel that is of a really good standard. The staff were professional and efficient. One or two minor issues like only 2 coat hangers in the wardrobe and only one dressing gown, but nothing major. It is still sorting a few teething issues.
I advise that if you book, check exactly what events are being held at the conference centre during your stay. Security for some events can be very un nerving.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review and your comments have been noted and actioned, every bit helps us improve.

Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

A fabulous hotel. Charming staff, helpful and attentive without be over powering. I stay in many hotels for business and this one was certainly of a high standard, good food and good choice of wine. Clean, comfortable and vibrant in the bar area which made me feel very comfortable and relaxed - not always the case when you are a woman on her own. A real mix of business people and younger people - presumably linked to the university. Will definitely book this again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review and i look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We found this gem online by chance. We had a meal out in Nottingham for a gift and it was cheaper to stay here than get a taxi back to North Notts! It all still smells new and the staff were delightful, helpful and friendly. The room was spotless and a little bonus for us was catching The Masters Golf on Sky sport on decent size TV. My husband would have liked a bath but I loved the big shower and massive fluffy towels. The room wasn't huge but it was very comfortable and we slept very well.
My only grumbles were that although I had asked for a couple of things for breakfast to accommodate my diabetic diet, they hadn't got them in. Also, sadly the breakfast had been under the heaters far to long and although there was an hour to go for breakfast when we went in, the black pudding was completely Inedible - completely hardened under the heat lamp, the fried eggs had a thick crispy skin on the yolks, the beans had a crust on top. Just a personal preference but I prefer a pot of tea to waiting for a waiter to bring round the big communal teapot.
I would definitely stay again on an offer but not sure I'd bother with breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for some great comments. I am sorry we were unable to forfill your expectations during breakfast. We only use the large flasks when we have a very high level of sleepers as this helps us with speed of service. I am interested to know which items we could not deliver for your diet as i am a type 1 diabetic and can quite happily eat from our breakfast menu.

Look forward to hearing fom you.

Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Beautiful contemporary building inside and out, free upgrade to an executive room, huge room, spotlessly clean, huge TV, free wifi. Check in staff (chap) very friendly and welcoming, swift without being brisk.

Downstairs lovely library area along with a coffee house esk computer area with top of the range macs available. Bathroom fully equipped, shampoo, conditioner and weighing scales. Went down for dinner, resturant very busy about a 30 min wait for food. "Can I have it sent up to my room at no extra cost, so I can get a shower instead of waiting In the resturant?" Without a moment of hesitation "yes Madame" said the very smart and professional maitre de. Less than 20 mins later a lovely woman served me I the bar brought my dinner up. Huge and I mean huge burger, salad and chunky fries.

Now tucked up in warm and crisp clean white bed linen. Will let you know how breakfast goes! So far top, top marks to the staff and the venue. Oh and there's a gym, safely won't be burning my burger off in there as I'm way too lazy!

Room Tip: The staff told me in advance that Beeston is the closest train station and gave me the number of a v...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we were abe to deliver a quality service and product for you.

Please do visit us again.

Saltash, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Brand new hotel, lovely location. Staff are welcoming and attentive. Rooms are modern and offer all mod cons, clean and well presented. We stayed in an executive room with king size bed that was comfortable and of a high quality. Bathrooms high spec and ultra modern.
With great value offers and such a great city would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you are happy to recommend us.