De Vere Orchard Hotel
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Nottingham
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Hotel was good value all in all ,however the drinks at the bar are a bit expensive. With this hotel being on the University Campus there's not much around unless you travel.
The beds are a bit hard , but thats just my personal opinion. The room in general was very nice and spacious, with all the facilitys you would expect.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback about your recent stay. The Orchard Hotel is beautifully nestled in 330 acres of parkland on the university campus, yet only 2 miles from Nottingham city centre - aiming to give our visitors the best of both worlds.

Lasse Högberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My friend and I travelled up from Southampton for a weekend, and I managed to book this hotel through Expedia for only £39.00 per room per night. It was excellent. Beautiful setting and surroundings. Check in was quick and easy and the receptionists very obliging. The room was spacious and immaculate and very very modern. A proper hairdryer and iron, kettle, tea/coffee making facilities, plus biscuits. The breakfast was delicious, with a lot of variety. The receptionists ordered us a taxi to take us into the City Centre, which was literally a 5/10 minute drive. Would definitely stay here again. The only downside, which is not a real complaint, was that you had to actually get in the bath to turn the bath taps on! All in all a fabulous find. Amazing!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a fantastic review about your recent stay at the Orchard Hotel. I'm glad your stay was a memorable one and do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is a new and modern hotel. It's a well presented hotel and very spacious. Check in was simple and quick. The bedroom was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The hotel location is good and has plenty of parking. the restaurant and bar facilities are good too.
Breakfast was very good, lots of variety and tasted great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave some great feedback about your latest stay. Here at the Orchard Hotel we aim to ensure each and every visitor has a memorable stay.

Please do visit us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

For the price I paid (£39 for a standard double room) I expected a terrible travelodge style room, basically only a place for us to get some sleep. I was surprised to find it was a stylish modern hotel, with a nice big room, comfy and well designed.

Favourite points:
*Tree feature wall, very pretty, both my boyfriend and I want one in our house!
*Heavy curtains
*Large shower with nice smelling soap
*Good pillows, only needed one
*Nice layout of room
*Lots of plugs all over the room. So many hotels miss this!
*Free wi-fi
*5 mins walk and 20 mins bus from city center, buses are very regular, cost £3,40 for a return
*Free car parking

We didn't eat there, and didn't stay very long (literally turned up and went to sleep), but we enjoyed my stay, and will recommend it to my family when they visit Nottingham next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some amazing feedback regarding your latest stay at the Orchard Hotel. Every customer is important to us and ensuring your stay was a memorable one is always top of our list.

May be on your next visit you can dine with us in Bramleys Restaurant.

Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and it is rare I am as impressed by architecture in a hotel. The Orchard is one of the exceptions to that rule and a real joy to experience. The rooms are modern, spacious, clean, finished and maintained to a high standard. Whilst the ground floor is open plan and has a bustling atmosphere, upstairs by contrast is beautifully tranquil. If you get a chance to explore the executive lounge on the top floor the view is good from the roof terrace. A few reviewers mentioned the staff in not such a good light, but my experiences of this hotel have been great and the staff have been warm, friendly and very accommodating. Perhaps some of the staff, being on a university campus, are quite young and possibly gaining experience, so I would have been forgiving of inexperience, but to be honest I never had a need to as I've always been served with a smile. I shall definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geosparky

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all your fantastic feedback. The Orchard Hotel is truly one of a kind with its beautiful architecture and I am really pleased you had the opportunity to visit us.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Wishing you all the best.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Terrible stay. The hotel had not made our booking (for 2 rooms) and as it was fully booked, I had to share a twin room with my colleague. If I hadn't requested twin beds they would have given us a double! To be fair the next day they admitted their error and gave us two executive double rooms for the second night.
Dinner took 2 hours to arrive the first night, and 45 minutes for room service the next night due to a combination of too many diners and the barman forgetting to put through my order. They blamed delegates from the conference pushing up the numbers - although the hotel is part of the conference centre and so they should be able to cope with it.
Breakfast was great and most of it was self service; there were barely any waiting staff to serve us or clear tables anyway.
The hotel is beautiful with stunning architecture and decor; I only hope that their staff receive some more training as they are dragging it down.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 65Sophie
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review following your stay with us. I would personally like to taje this time to apologise for the catalogue of errors surrounding your stay with us. Your comments are valid and i have no excuses for the error with the bedroom reservaton whohc was completeley our fault.

I have noted that your colleague who stayed with you has also posted a review of the hotel and again a lot of her comments are valid.

I would like to menton that we did apologise on the evening the hotel Customer Service Manager also spoke to you the following night, arranged a room upgrade and comlimentary wine with your dinner and we wree given very positive feedback at the time.

We made contact with the Travel Agent who booked the rooms for you and the comments that were passed on do not reflect the review that has been posted.

Clearly we have failed to live up to your expectations and for this i am truly sorry.

Wishing you the very best,

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The first site of this place indicated to us that it was different to the other eight hotels we stayed at during our recent trip around England and Wales. The building has a striking, ultra modern appearance similar to newer hotels we experienced in Copenhagen and Amsterdam. The decor and furnishings in the rooms are Scandinavian minimalist in style. The rooms are large, comfortable and airy with plenty of space to move around. Bed was large and comfortable. Bathroom was large, well fitted out with a fantastic large shower. The receptionist that checked us in was a little cold and clinical but pleasant and informative. The restaurant was excellent with a large selection of tasty, nicely prepared and well presented meals. Restaurant staff were all very pleasant and friendly. Situated within the university grounds means there are plenty of lawns and paths for a quiet stroll. We stayed at the weekend so how quiet the strolling on a week day I don't know. All in all we had a very pleasant stay and this hotel will always be our first choice any time we travel through Nottingham.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karl S
Lasse H, General Manager at De Vere Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback about the Orchard Hotel. I'm glad the hotel and all the facilities available were above your expectations and do hope your trip around England and Wales was what you had hoped - it sounds amazing.

I do hope you visit us again at the Orchard Hotel.