“Great alternative to the big chains”
Review of Hartleys

Hartleys
Ranked #29 of 1,455 Restaurants in Nottingham
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Hartleys is an independent cafe based in the heart of Hockley, close by to Nottingham city centre. Our aim is to cater for everyone regardless of diet including Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian and Halal. You can eat-in, or take away, a variety of Breakfasts, Jacket potatoes, Sandwiches, Salads and Cakes, with a range of hot drinks, Smoothies, and Milk Shakes. We are on the corner of Broad Street and Carlton street, close to the Broadway Cinema, with seating inside and outside, and we are open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Caveat: I've only bought coffee here - no idea what the food is like but it looks tasty.

That said, I really like Hartleys. It's such a refreshing change to the big coffee chains. They've made great use of their corner location to allow the natural lights in and that combined with tasteful but high-key decor creates a lovely space in which to enjoy a morning coffee.

The coffee itself was really good. Not has harsh as Starbucks' super dark roast but fuller than Costa. It's different and it stands out, just like the shop. I'm keen to return and try lunch there next time I'm in town.

Date of visit: August 2018
HartleysC, Manager at Hartleys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thankyou for the lovely review!
We are really glad you enjoyed your coffee! It is beyond fairtrade and grown by farmers in their own backyards in Thailand!

We really benefit from our corner location and its lovely to sit outside on a nice sunny day
We hope to see you again soon for some lunch!

Thanks
Lauren

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Brilliant place to visit/eat/have a coffee.I visited on the first day of the Test Match.Had full English breakfast which was excellent,well-presented,varied, hot and reasonably priced-particularly for the City Centre.It was served in good time depite the fact the place was busy.The coffee was excellent as was the service.

Date of visit: August 2018

Hey, thank you for leaving a lovely review!
We had a lot of lovely customers in for the Test match and we saw the same people return the next morning for breakfast!
Really glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you soon!

Thanks
Lauren

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I love Hartleys. the coffee is amazing, the baps are always fresh, the fillings large and the smiles huge. and the prices are great! It's my daily fix. I cannot recommend highly enough :)

Date of visit: August 2018
Hartleys C, Manager at Hartleys, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

We love you to!
thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review, glad to hear you are always satisfied and you keep coming back!
(our coffee is gorgeous even if we do think so ourselves) :D
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I went in and ordered a Tuna and Cheese panini to take away. It wasn't until 10 minutes later, when I asked how long it was likely to be as I needed to get back to work, that I was informed there was a problem with stock and there wasn't any available. The waitress, very rudely told me I should have told them I was in a rush (which I wasn't at the time of ordering, but I wasn't expecting to be waiting 20 minutes!!!) I was offered a baguette instead, which I accepted but advised I still wanted it hot. Another 10 minutes passes and I am given a cold tuna and cheese baguette with no butter, which, I unfortunately had to accept as I was late to return to work.
Well the food has gone straight in the bin. It was dry, tasteless and absolute trash. Not what you would expect for £7 anyway! I could have spent half of that and had nicer food from Greggs. It is a shame as I work for a large company that orders regularly from this café, but I can assure you that myself and the company shall not return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Hartleys C, Manager at Hartleys, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi it was actually me that served you and dealt with most of your order and i find it very upsetting that you thought that i was so rude!!
When you asked how long your food would be as you had to get back to the office, i thought that i would kindly mention that if you let us know when you first order that you are in a rush then we can give you a bit of a rough time as to when your food would be ready and then you can decided to stay or not.
To clarify, we hadn't ran out of paninis, we just had non defrosted so had to defrost to order hence them taking longer.....
Yes i offered you a baguette as this was a quicker alternative, clearly there was miscommunication as i thought you said yes to the baguette and i didn't realise that you said you still wanted it hot!!

I am sorry you thought that the food was rubbish and that i was rude

Lauren Searson
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped off here on a long family walk. The iced coffee and strawberry milkshake were divine. Staff friendly and and sat outside in a vibrant and interesting area. Loved it will be back

2  Thank J8082DWmatthewp

Thank you for taking to time to leave a lovely review!
We are very lucky to be in Hockley, lots of independent and interesting shops!
Hope to see you again soon!